Halloween Shtuff

The place for anything at all...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I've seen those before. Makes people stare, not look. Big difference.
I know you have. http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5953#55953
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Yeah, got lots of wierd looks, several stares, and a hand full of comments. Plus all my friends all thought they were cool. :)
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Heh, messing with people's minds is always fun.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Heh, messing with people's minds is always fun.
But messing with your eyes isn't.

I wouldn't keep those in for long periods of time.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

You're not supposed to do that with regular contacts anyway.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Nope. I've never worn contacts before this but they were fairly uncomfortable; almost like my eyes were extremely dry with no chance of getting them moist again.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Ah, that's why mine are Acuvue Advanced! :D Don't I sound like I'm selling them? xD
Yeah, it's definately bad to wear contacts for long periods of time. When I had regular contacts, small veins actually started growing across my cornea, which is why we switched! Those veins can cause foggy vision, doncha know! :wink:

I LIKE those contacts, thogh! I would love some! I have green ones, but they actually look pretty dumb, since my eyes are green anyway. Plus, when I start wearing them, I can see the color in the far sides of my vision, which makes me feel sick.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Don't do what I did at A-Kon. I made the mistake of getting theatrical contacts from an unlicensed vendor rather than an optometrist's office. I bloody knew better, but I got caught in the moment. No harm done this time, but the lenses were junk and couldn't be kept on very long. Thankfully, my wife, who once worked as an optician, hit me over the head and reminded me that a doctor of all people should know better.

Eyes need to be examined and fitted by people who know what they're doing. You can't just put any contact into your eye and have it fit. I've heard stories about people sharing or trading these special effects lenses--don't ever, ever, ever do that!

Still, by next A-Kon I hope to have the real deal. (Well, the real fake deal, that is, unless I somehow get bitten by an actual lycanthrope, in which case all bets are off about the world as we know it.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Don't do what I did at A-Kon. I made the mistake of getting theatrical contacts from an unlicensed vendor rather than an optometrist's office. I bloody knew better, but I got caught in the moment. No harm done this time, but the lenses were junk and couldn't be kept on very long. Thankfully, my wife, who once worked as an optician, hit me over the head and reminded me that a doctor of all people should know better.

Eyes need to be examined and fitted by people who know what they're doing. You can't just put any contact into your eye and have it fit. I've heard stories about people sharing or trading these special effects lenses--don't ever, ever, ever do that!

Still, by next A-Kon I hope to have the real deal. (Well, the real fake deal, that is, unless I somehow get bitten by an actual lycanthrope, in which case all bets are off about the world as we know it.)
ah-ha!! I knew something was up when you showed me those contacts. It looked cool. But I had no interest in getting them. I can't afford to lose my eyesight. I rather play it safe and not get any. :(
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

Yours truly last Halloween!
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"