The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wait i thought this one was suppost to be between Ocorina and windwaker
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Mysterious Lycanthrope »

sorry about the "dingle brain" comment, but I was really ticked off at that moment. Oh, & yes Fenrir, it's supossed to b in between the 2.

But sriously, Midna is the Twilight Princess. Just because Midna isn't a Hylian, doesn't mean that she can't be the princess of another realm. & from what I've heard, Link & Zelda are the same ones that are in OoT, just a little older. (that's just what I've heard.)

What made me so mad that I cryed is what people were saying eariler, on the first page. People were saying things that were way out of the ball park! (& even though I love Link almost as much as WereWolves, he's NOT a WereWolf.) L8er!!! :howl:  :oo
"To die is to know that you're alive." -Ville Valo

"The most rebellious thig a person can do is be themselves" -unknown

Kisota

Post by Kisota »

No. It's a seperate Link. The Link in Oot is the same as the one in Majora's Mask. It's NOT the same one in this game. :D

I've known about this game for a Looong time now. I've been dying to play it since I heard about it. I've watched so many clips and seen so many screenshots! :lol: I've actually dreamed about playing this game. I'm going to flop over and pass out right along with Vuldari and Fig.
*flop*

And it's true that Link isn't normally a werewolf. He's been known to change into many things! :D Just going into the Twilight Realm turns Link into the wolf.

Beyond just the wolf Link, Twilight Princess is going to involve animals to a higher degree. Link can summon a hawk with a special kind of grass, and I believe there are other animals he can summon, too. Dogs and cats are around, and did anyone else notice the white squirrel in the forest? :wink:

Also, Epona is going to play a large part. The overworld is ENORMOUS, so she'll be useful. Plus, you can use a variety of weapons while on horseback, and not just the bow. I can't WAIT to use the sword while on Epona, and knock the crap out of those ugly dudes on the boars. :lol:

There's also evidence that time-travel/dual worlds may play a role in TP. Check out these pictures. Does that tree in the second picture not look STRANGELY similar to the roots underwater in the first? 8)

There's apparently a rumor going around that Epona may be able to turn into the wolf AND boar. Huh. I don't know about that, but it WOULD be cool.
In any case, this promises to be a GREAT game! Im nearly exploding just trying to wait for it! Comes out a month before my birthday....Hmmm....Preorder, perhaps? As an early gift? lck
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

I JUST found out that the date of release haz been changed AGAIN -_- it's supposed to be coming out June 1st. I oughta sue them -_-

I found out that the horse isn't Epona, it's a different horse. You even get to name this 1 ^.^ I can't wait to use the sword on horseback either though. I haven't heard about tha horse changing into different animals yet..... hm... I suppose it could happen.

Oh yeah, hav u noticed that they have the exact same little, fiery, bat, creatures? :? (4 sum reason, I can't recall what their "given" name is...)

L8er!!! :howl:  :oo

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:Wait i thought this one was suppost to be between Ocorina and windwaker
Wait...you're right. Image

...It has just been so long since there has been any news about this game that the details have become blurry in my mind.

Indeed...now that I think about it again, I heard that this game will actually take place several generations after Ocarina of time, in a Hyrule that has existed without the tyrany of Gannondorf for many years and has become peaceful and proserous. ...but still centuries before the world of "Wind Waker" (which would explain how the game could take place in a NON-flooded Hyrule. In fact, I susspect...though I have not heard anything...that this game will provide some insight into how that happened.)

The Link in this game is NOT the same as the one in OoT, (though Oot and MM had the same Link). It is unknown at this point if the link in this game is a dirrect decendant of the Hero of time... perhaps the great grandson of Link and Malon. (which could be one explanation why he is a rancher).

Image + Image = Image ?

...or if he is a spiritual reincarnation of the great hero, like the WindWaker Link.

As for Minda being the "Twilight Princess"...

...I guess I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I don't think so.

NONE of the "official" sources (that I've heard) have said such a thing. I think it is just a popular rumor on Gaming Message boards, along with a great many people who beleive that Zelda:Twilight Princess will Not be playable on GameCube at all, but instead become a Revolution Exclusive. (A rumor that is complete BS by the way. Nintendo representatives have gone on record swearing that this rumor is false.)

Don't expect to see this game too soon. We will be lucky if it is released this spring. Mid-Late Summer to Early Fall (4th quarter), just before the Revolution comes out is, unfortunately more likely. Nintendo has alot riding on the success of this game, so they can not afford to screw it up.

I HATE having to wait...but if it plays as good as it looks...it will totally be worth it.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

damn it u just screwed it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Link & Malon would NEVER get together! :x I'm sorry I said sorry for the dingle brain comment!!

I've head & watched one of the game designers SAY that Midna is the Twilight Princess.

We already know how Hyrule was flooded. The king, (as demonstrated @ the end of WW) did it.

& on my last post, I CLEARLY said "it's supossedto be coming out June 1st. " Is that not clear enough for u?

L8er!!! :howl:  :oo

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:damn it u just screwed it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Link & Malon would NEVER get together!
Whoa...too many Exclamation points...that is the equivilant of SCREAMING on a forum. I think that is a bit unnecesary.

Anyway...I don't know about NEVER...however, somehow I doubt Link married Zelda after OoT and became king of Hyrule. (In which case his decendant would be a prince, and not a farmer)

I would guess that the Link in this game is just a spiritual incarnation of the hero, as in all the other Zelda games*. (Excluding only "Majoras Mask", which featured the young link from "Ocarina of Time".) ...and not a blood decendant at all. ...of Malon or Zelda...

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:I've head & watched one of the game designers SAY that Midna is the Twilight Princess.
Could you post a link to the website you saw/read this at?

I thought I had seen and read all released interviews related to this game. If I have missed something, I would like to see it too.
Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:We already know how Hyrule was flooded. The king, (as demonstrated @ the end of WW) did it.
Yes...we learned that the king used the Master Sword to seal the evil invaders, and Gannondorf, frozen in time in the castle. (Though Gannon still got out somehow).

We never really got an explanation of how Gannondorf escaped from Limbo to attack Hyrule again, or why it was neccesary to flood the entire nation to seal him in again. (Which apparently didn't even work, or else "Wind Waker" never would have happened).

The reason I suspect that the stories will be connected, (aside from it taking place in the time period in-between the two games), is because I notice that the "Twilight Realm" looks suspiciously similar to the way Hyrule castle looked in WindWaker when it was still frozen in time.

It may be just because they are using similar graphical techniques as the last game, but I Suspect that there might be a deeper connection than that.
Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:...& on my last post, I CLEARLY said "it's supossedto be coming out June 1st. " Is that not clear enough for u?
...Crystal...

Just like it was "supposed to" come out fall of last year, and then it was "supposed to" come out this spring.

I forsee ANOTHER delay after this one. If only a few weeks, or perhaps untill September-October. ...I wouldn't like that...but it seems very much like a Nintendo thing to do...especially since we've not heard a word, nor seen a new screenshot in MONTHS.

[spoiler]I won't be the least bit suprised if the Revolution gets delayed untill December, or even 1st or 2nd Quarter 2007.

{"Smash Bros"...a game said to likely be one of the launch titles, has only just barely begun development. Last I heard, Nintendo was laying ground for a new development house building, and had not yet even started hiring the team that will be working on the game. Though I am sure work has officialy begun on that game by now, and other games have allready been underway for a good while now (since before the "Revolution" was officially announced), somehow I doubt that, even if the Hardware is ready, the launch software will not be ready yet in time to launch in the same time-window as the PS3. Once again...I forsee that we will all be forced to play the waiting game.}[/spoiler]
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:I'm sorry I said sorry for the dingle brain comment!!
Kindly refrain from this kind of thing, please. Personal attacks are not much appreciated around here, even if in jest.

If you can calm down a bit and remember that you may attack the idea, but not the person, you'll go far.

We just want to keep this place friendly,
Thank you much :D
-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:... you may attack the idea, but not the person...
A wonderfull guideline to follow.

"Don't Kill the Messanger".

If someone says something stupid...feel free to be as critical as neccesary about the stamement, and any false information it may contain...

...but please refrain from attacking the speaker. It's never called for, and it's just plain Not Nice.

That said...everything I have shared is true to the best of my knowlage (assuming my memory is not mixed up), and if I have said anything that can be confirmed to be false, I would appreciate the heads up. I have no desire to spread false information.

=^.^'= ~
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:I've head & watched one of the game designers SAY that Midna is the Twilight Princess.
Could you post a link to the website you saw/read this at?

I thought I had seen and read all released interviews related to this game. If I have missed something, I would like to see it too.

I can't even remember which website it was on, I've been to about 50 dirrerent sites......

& I'm sorry, I just get carrited away when it comes to Zelda. I just get really touchy :oops:

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:I can't even remember which website it was on, I've been to about 50 dirrerent sites......

& I'm sorry, I just get carrited away when it comes to Zelda. I just get really touchy :oops:
Oh...I got most of my info from IGN and Nintendo.

Don't worry about being touchy. You're speaking to the resident Pack Nintendork, so trust me...I understand.

=^.^'= ~
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote:I'm sorry, I just get carrited away when it comes to Zelda. I just get really touchy :oops:
Obviously... :D

Please don't get so worked up about what people say. Notice that the earliest posts were from mid-to-late May 2005, just barely after E3. There wasn't much solid information out there yet beyond the somewhat-misleading trailer, so it was easy to jump to conclusions. You see Link changing into a wolf, so it's not much of a stretch to assume "Link is a werewolf!" In fact, much of what I read described Link as exactly that. I work in the game industry and I didn't know how the whole wolf-Link thing actually worked until a few months ago. It wasn't until I deliberately searched for information that I found out about Midna, the Twilight Realm, and what prompts Link's wolf change. It's very easy to come to the wrong conclusion if you don't closely follow the game industry. I work there, and I can't keep up with every little detail.

I agree that Zelda is one of the most consistently well-done series in gaming history, but you need to step back and get perspective. Calm down. Don't invest yourself so heavily into something that you feel a need to leap to its defense at the slightest provokation. The game will speak for itself when it arrives. As awesome as the series is, and Twilight Princess will likely be, remember that they are games, not religion.

You'll get along better and make more friends if you just chill out.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Agreed, Ultra! :D

It IS a game, meant for fun. So, let's go back to just chatting about the game. THAT'S fun.

One of the funnier things about this game is that in Japanese, there's not really a word for the sort of rancher/herder/ that Link is. The Japanese call this version "Cowboy Link." It's interesting to hear that in the middle of a long string of Japanese. 8)

I honestly think that this will be a near-perfect Zelda game. I love the darkness and the classic story of Ocarina of Time. It was set in Hyrule and had all the woods and fields that make Zelda games Zelda games!

I'm a Nintendork, too, Vuldari! *high fives* :wink:
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

I particularly like the TRON-like lighting effect on the Twilight Realm stuff, but then I also like Darwinia, Geometry Wars, and other things like that. :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Ultraken wrote:I particularly like the TRON-like lighting effect on the Twilight Realm stuff, but then I also like Darwinia, Geometry Wars, and other things like that. :D

I believe the term for that is "Cell Shading" which makes 3D polygons look flat like pictures from a Comic Book or a hand drawn animation.

I've never really compared that to the visuals in TRON before, but now that you mention it, they DID use that kind of visual filter, colorization in the film.

..."Tron"... Image

=^.^'= ~
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

I more noticed the square-pattern portal opening and semi-geometric colored lines on things...