Legendary
Legendary

Awesome Freerunning Video

Post by Renorei »

Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

.....whoa..... :jawdrop: ...i wish i could do that!
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

heh...so where is the video of his slip ups? I know he didn't perform some of those stunts perfectly each and everytime.

Even Jackie Chan can slip up once and a while. (Just look at the bloopers at the end of his films.)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Ah, Parkour. Things like this never gets old.

Though, Fig, i don't think there would be a Parkour blooper video. What they're doing is pretty real and any "bloopers" might land people to hospital with broken limbs and even death. I could post some more of these videos if y'all would like it, and trust me, the other Parkour-ists are pretty crazy.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Wow, I thought I was playing Prince of Persia for a moment there...

Awesome stuff.

kitetsu wrote:I could post some more of these videos if y'all would like it, and trust me, the other Parkour-ists are pretty crazy.
That would be great. I'd love to see that.

-- Vilkacis
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Figarou wrote:heh...so where is the video of his slip ups? I know he didn't perform some of those stunts perfectly each and everytime.

Even Jackie Chan can slip up once and a while. (Just look at the bloopers at the end of his films.)
bloopers:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &q=Parkour
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/walking.php

i've got at least 2 more vids, but my ISP's taking forever to get 'em uploaded in rapidshare. >.<
Last edited by JoshuaMadoc on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Heh...they picked the right song for that video.

Tubthumping (CHUMBAWAMBA)

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down
:D
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

That was awesome... I'm with Darum I wish I could do that... How can they jump that high!
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

If a human is capable of doing such things, then what are werewolves capable of? :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*jumps out of her chair and goes jumping from roof to roof of her apartment complex*
;)
That's pretty bloody awesome. I wanna do that too!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I saw this at school and man did it draw a crowd around me, thier was like 3 or 4 people standing over my shoulders. :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: Awesome Freerunning Video

Post by Anubis »

dude the guy is a freaken chimp!! :o
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

People that can do that renew my faith in the human body.

I mean really, most people are so slobby and weak and slow compared to that. Those parkous guys are like freakin' animals! I like being reminded every now and then of what the human body is capable of, in the right hands.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Renorei wrote:People that can do that renew my faith in the human body.

I mean really, most people are so slobby and weak and slow compared to that. Those parkous guys are like freakin' animals!
That's America for you :lol:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Renorei wrote:People that can do that renew my faith in the human body.

I mean really, most people are so slobby and weak and slow compared to that. Those parkous guys are like freakin' animals! I like being reminded every now and then of what the human body is capable of, in the right hands.
I RESENT THAT!! :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

:lol:

*sigh* Watching this stuff makes me wish I hadn't quit ballet when I was little.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lovestruck: ok this isn't normal for me but wow did any of you other girls out there find that well pretty hot? Very cool and not to bad lookin either....
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Darth Canis wrote::lovestruck: ok this isn't normal for me but wow did any of you other girls out there find that well pretty hot? Very cool and not to bad lookin either....
I was actually more awed than aroused...but damn, any guy with that much stamina has got to be really good at......checkers.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Renorei wrote:
Darth Canis wrote::lovestruck: ok this isn't normal for me but wow did any of you other girls out there find that well pretty hot? Very cool and not to bad lookin either....
I was actually more awed than aroused...but damn, any guy with that much stamina has got to be really good at......checkers.
hey i'm good at... checkers :wink: :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Renorei wrote:
You know....I ride my bike from and to school everyday which is like 4 or 5 miles, hows that for stamina. :wink: :jester:
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Anubis wrote: hey i'm good at... checkers :wink: :P
Shadow Wulf wrote:You know....I ride my bike from and to school everyday which is like 4 or 5 miles, hows that for stamina. :wink: :jester:
:lol:
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

You know, maybe the wall-climbing abilities of the Van Helsing werewolf wasn't as exaggerated as we thought...
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

yes it was, there were no ledges for him to grab onto :P
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Wyla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Singing dog

Post by Wyla »

It's 'proper' name is Parkour, the name for a person that does parkour is a 'traceur' ;P I used to train quite a bit until exams got in the way, now I just focus on Parkour photography.

York PK are a group of my friends that I sometimes train with, they're very good at what they do now :)

Urban Effusion used to do pk with the YPK guys, but there were a few...disagreements and they now have their own group. They do more tricking than parkour but it still looks awesome. They even got onto the local news when they held a parkour jam down in bridlington :D (news link)

And believe me. It takes a LONG time to be able to do minimalistic moves, so don't just go out there and start vaulting the nearest rail you see o.o; And yes, people do slip up quite often. Bedford (Or Chris, he's in York PK) managed to get concussion for a while after a nasty trip landing on his head, and Moon (Josh Moon, appropriate name for this discussion? :P) in Urban Effusion sprained his ankle once due to just a slight miscalculation. But it is very impressive to watch <3