Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

RIP Al "Grandpa Munster" Lewis

Post by Akugarou »

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I just read that on MySpace...

I'm not going to weep, except for me (that I never got to meet him). He had a good, long life. His photo was the schtuff — look at all those laughlines! I'll even forgive the cigar. If my life is as long and as fun as the one he had, I'll be exceptionally happy :D

I'd have loved to have met the guy. I even went to Greenwich Village once, I had a chance and didn't take it. There's a lesson there...if you get a chance at anything that sounds good to you, jump on that sucker!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

White on white, translucent black cape, back on the rack

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's sad, but strange. I thought he had already died. This isn't the first case either of hearing about the death of someone whom I thought was already gone, either.

I was just listening to Bauhaus' song "Bela Lugosi's Dead." It was first recorded as a tongue-in-cheek comedy, but it took on a life of its own, becoming increasingly anthemic. During their final concert, it became very emotional as their last encore before the band was done. It was equally powerful when they reunited fourteen years later.

On Napster you can find an extremely moving sixteen minute version of the song, recorded live to open a show on Halloween 2005. (I'm not finding it on iTunes. But, you can buy the song from Napster even if you're not a subscriber.) It brought me to tears, it was that powerful.

I'd like to dedicate that song in honor of Al Lewis. I'm sure Bela would have approved.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...