i have something RARE

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

i have something RARE

Post by fredriksam »

Yep, i have something Rare at home that i wanted to share with you guys. What i have is a Hoover Keymatic washing machine from 1961 and it still works!

For those who want to know what it looks like, look for link after the text here. If anyone is interested i can tell more about this machine.

[/img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phantomer ... m=7519.jpg
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Dude!! Do you still use it? I think the only rare thing we have is an American Civil War era gun (I can't remember the exact year that's on it, but I think it was made after the Civil War). Neat old washing machine you got! :D
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

the only thing that we have that is old is our fridge, 1988 :lol:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

At least I have an authentic Roman Gladius, it's pretty cool, I'd never sell that thing.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I have a cold war russian rifle thats still in use :D We got it for only $120 with the ammo, and the original cold war ammo pouch, plus a bayanet.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

I have one standard Nazi and one Nazi Stormtrooper uniform and several Stormtrooper and Nazi helmets. Got 'em from a German relative who knows how much I love history, especially the wars.

The uniforms were never worn but the Helmets had definately seen battle.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Oh, I love historic weapons! Especially swords. I know we have a few other guns that have the hexagonal barrels, but I don't know if they're old or just replicas. You guys have cool stuff (even the fridge :D ). Heh, I have my grandma's softball glove too, lol :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I have a ton of uber-old coins, and also an antique silver plate hand mirror. :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

WWII war relics were even hard to get ahold of during the war itself. My great grandfather kept sending over things he found overseas to home, but the soldiers in the mailroom kept stealing everything. So, he sent a Japanese bolt action rifle back to his home in separate peices. Naturally, those theving bastards don't want to steal peices of a gun.

Isn't it great to have a relic that also has a story behind it? I wont even begin to mention how my great grandather obtained the thing. That story may not be suitible for this forum.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

They weren't that hard to get, especially since many of my ancestors fought in WW2 themselves... on the side of the Germans so that's how I have Nazi equipment so we kept many of their things, no Russian or American or even Japanese stuff though.

Chances are it's hard to get "new" old helmets. Even replicas run at about 300-400$.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I could have gotten a Nazu Luger for $350, what a shame it would have been a good collectible. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

As far as coins go, none of mine are really old. I have some wheat back pennies and a replica Roman coin :lol: I'll be getting some old pennies as a prize from my history teacher soon though :D I don't think we have very many old things. None of my close relatives fought in any wars. We have some old furniture though. We have an icebox, my great-grandma's nightstand and her little jewelry box, and a table from either the late 1800's or early 1900's.

A Luger would've been awesome 8)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've got an ancient Roman coin with Romulus and Remus as kids, being nursed by a wolf. Of course, we all know they were offshoots of Vulcans.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

COOL i got some old coins too. One i actually found in the pump of my machine. The coin was from 1962. The year after it came out :o

Ohh by the way, yes i still use the machine. I have this machine and a Miele. I use both. Only bad thing is that it blow fuses if i wash at 185 f, thats 85 celsius in Sweden. It has wander a bit when spin also, but i dont care about that. My dog is a little bit surprised about it, though.

I also have a very old record player that is connected to the computer. I used to do that before when i used DC++. I was known as "Vinyl record man" there. I just uploaded old music to share. I dont use DC++ anymore because now its forbidden by law here. I guess its the same in USA.

Anyone else using/used DC++ ?
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

This is really weird. Yesterday when i used the washer i started it at 2 o clock in the midday and after that i went to the store to buy a few things i needed.

The washer takes about 1 1/2 hour on the program i choosed. When i come home at 2.30 from the store of course the machine was still washing. Sometimes around 3 or 3.15 o clock something started to smell really burned. :? Anyway of course i went to investigate.

Yep, you knew it, it was coming from the washer. It seems that the motor has gone its last air, so to speak :( . Of course it was kinda expected it wouldnt work forever but i,m still a little sad about it.

I cant help but thinking it was lucky i stayed home because i was thinking going a promenade after i got home from the store. But i never did. Just thinking what could have happen if i did.

Scary thought.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

8) Yeah i am a huge civil war buff and recently after my grandparents died we were going through their house and we found a confederate 100 bill. The weird thing is we had no relatvies here during the civil war and my family is all from baltimore which was more involved with the north than the south. So its just cool i was really excited when we found it.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

all i have that i think is rare is a 1985 nissan diesel sentra and a working M1 garand from WW2
Shift_