Alone and Afriad

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

Tsume was sitting on her haunchs saying nothing. When she saw the human leavng she trotted in front of him and nuged him in the direction of the ruins.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

(@Anubis: No one is ignoring you! Sometimes a story needs to tell other things first, before dealing with some characters, okay? A little bit patience cannot harm :wink: )
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

After the wound had stopped bleeding Night-Song looked down to the now dead Dark-Moon. Still there was an expression of sadness in her green eyes, but it faded with the sun's light.

She saw that the boy wanted to leave again and sighed an annoyed growl. She wanted to do something against it, but the young garou - how was her name? - lead to boy into the direction she had come from, so she calmed down her anger.

Night-Song looked around and noticed Bright-Howl leaving the place of her father's death. Concern flashed in her green eyes. She knew what it meant to loose everything all too well. Sadly shaking her massive head Night-Song turned around - observing the garou she had just met. What could she do? Like Dark-Moon had said: As long as they all couldn't ease the pain of their souls there would be no peace with the mother for them. There would be no wholeness - but how could she bring wholeness when she was broken inside, too?

She had no time to care for them! They were all so young, so naive! And what should she do with the boy? He had seen them all, had seen them changing, he knew about the garou's existance.

But these were questions to be asked later - now they had to honor first Dark-Moon's death properly and then she would have to do the feast for the young ones who just had had their first battle. She had given her agreement for doing this to the old one and she was bound by her words. Another soft growling sigh came from her.

*wolf-speech*
You all, listen! she spoke loudly that all could hear her

Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

As the body of the old wolf grew cold, a peacefull look on it's face, a three-voiced howl was heard. A howl of Joy at the return of their leader and brother, at the prospect of hunting together again and running through the spirit-lands as a pack once more.

Above the body, a swirl of mists could be seen, slowly expanding and growing more luminescent with each passing second, untill the transparent shape of a young, powerfull man in his late 20's floated regally above the wolf's body

As the three howl approached, the young man - clearly the image of Dark-Moon in his prime - looked upon each of the people here and spoke in a full, strong voice that seemed to echo on the winds.

*understood by all, no matter distance/language*
Heed my words ! A wound within that is left untended will rot the soul.
Heal it and be whole.
Honour my passing by sharing and resolving...

Metal-Wolf... When I see the Mother, I will tell her of you... And ask her to send you a messenger to make her will known... You seem to care enough for her to see her will done...

And Bright-Howl, My daughter... The Ghost-Pack will wait for you. Come join us when you have lived your life to the fullest. You have made me proud and restfull. I could have asked for nothing more.
But know that is was not my bite that turned you... It was your heart...

Raising his head and starting to howl as he shifted into his now Silvery-furred warform, the spirit embraced the coming of his old pack. Joyfully the four darted around eachother, exchanging mock blows and nipping at eachothers fur and ears. Cries of warm greetings were heard in their voices...
And then they ran, Dark-Moon once again leading them in the run of the hunt, seeking uot what lay behind the velvet curtains of death...

Nothing is heard for a while, besides the gentle whisper of the winds that spread to bring this great tale to those that would hear it...
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Pack leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Shonita stood up, and her fur bristled. Snarling, she stood on her back paws, at her semi height. She only stood up at full if it was something worth challenging. "We should be careful. Tonight is not a good night to be out..."

Suddenly, she howled. :howl:  :oo
"Yugi, if I had a dime for every time you said the word destiny, well, I'd be even richer than I was already." - Seto Kaiba
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Night-claw wrote:Tsume was sitting on her haunchs saying nothing. When she saw the human leavng she trotted in front of him and nuged him in the direction of the ruins.
she nudged me towards some old ruiens, "what you want from me!? kill me or let me go because, i'm for one am sick of being taken for a ride!" he yelled, he didn't care either way he's dead.

i turned to what was going on i was in awe when the spirit of that old wolf appeared, he was huge and his werewolf form was intimanating no wonder he was the leader of his pack all his life, he was giagantic! i vever seen any thing like that.
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Alexander/Metal-Wolf nodded slowly to the spirit. "Very well," he said simply, and watched as he finished what he had to say before departing. Alexander stood silent for a time, before speaking. "And humans fear death.." he said with a slight grin. "Now, what shall we do with the body? Bury it in the earth? Burn it upon a pyre as befitting a great warrior? Either way is fine with me."

"Once we have dealt with his body, we can move onto other matters. As the prospect of leaving his corpse to rot in the sun does not appeal to me in the least. Not when other matters can wait."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf looked at Shonita and nodded.
"What is so threatening?"
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

She stopped. "I... don't know..." She laughed. "Please, you'll have to forgive me. I've been so alone, that even if a bird moves a wing, I think it is danger. I'm afraid I haven't had much comfort these past few years."
"Yugi, if I had a dime for every time you said the word destiny, well, I'd be even richer than I was already." - Seto Kaiba
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf smiled and looked to his friends. Shortly after, he looked back to her.
"Well, I promise that I will help you. Even if it means death."
He slowly paced towards the forest.
"I'm going to check on Bright-Howl. You coming?"
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Shonitas' eyes widened as she heard his words. Smiling, she nodded. "Of course, I'm coming."

Walking along side him, she asked, "Would you like to learn my packs ways? Not that I want to be leader, but I mean able to control the elements, if you want to."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf nodded and smiled.
"Sure. That would be great."
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Smiling, Shonita turned her head. "Well, first let's check up on everyone, I will start tomorrow... I'm just too tired tonight..."
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song fell immediately silent when the howls came to her ears. With an aweful expression on her face she looked at the old warrior's ghost and listened carefully to his words. After Dark-Moon had left with his old pack she remained silent for a while thinking about what he has said. A soft smile appeared on her face - the first time without the expression of pain that had accompanied her ever since she had to leave her folk's homelands.

When she heard the words of Metal-Wolf she slowly turned her head towards him.

*wolf-speech*
I do not know which rites you have to honor an old glorious warrior after his or her death - but in my homelands we prefer to give the body to the fire spirits.

Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

*wolf-speech*"Whatever we're going to do lets do it at the ruins,ok? I think he would be happier if he could watch us where we might live."
Looking up at the human she wined and took hold of what was left of his pants gently tugging it to make him follow her.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl had heard her fathers words and raised her head to the sky and chaged into her war form. Beautiful ebony fur glistened in the sunlight she lifted her muzzle and howled. The howl was eeirley beautiful one of joy and sorrow. She was so confused but she knew that Dark-Moon would never truly leave her. She then turned into her human form and stood there staring at the sky a small smile on her face. She finally knew what he meant by it was her heart that turned her. All her life she had felt the wolf inside and now from all he had taught her she was starting to understand that more and more.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf arrived to where Bright-Howl was. He turned to his human form and walked over to her.
"Bright-Howl? He will never really be gone."
Walking over to her, he hugged her.
"The newer wolf is with me. Her name is Shonita. She is able to be trusted."
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Shonita padded up to Bright-Howl and licked her, whining.

"I'm sorry for your loss tonight, but if you don't mind me asking, whom will be the new pack leader? Who was his child?"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

"okay, i'm following!" i groaned, i was obviously irritated at the fact that these werewolves are depriving me on whats going to happen to me.
THE GAME

My Armory
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song listened Bright-Howls song of loss and joy and a happy smile appeared on her face. Like she had understood what the words of Dark-Moon had meant so did Bright-Howl. The process of healing had begun.

She carefully observed Forest-Wolf who was nearing with the alien stranger. The joyful expression on her face turned to mistrust.

*wolf-speech*
She can be trusted, yeah? This may be the truth - but rude manner is it to come to another pack's territory without howling the introduction properly! If this would have been my folk's territory I would have killed you immediately for this!

Night-Song was nearly snarling. She straightened to her full height and seemed suddenly more impressive and scary to all who could see her. Her emerald green eyes beamed with anger that did hide a short flash of red

*wolf-speech*
And more rude is it to ask for the new pack-leader mere shadows of moments after the old one has gone! I will not accept this rudeness! You are a stranger here - like I am - but it is your duty to honor the rules of the garou! Has nobody taught you the words of the Litany? Has nobody spoken to you about the mother's will?

yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Shonitas' eyes flashed in anger. "You say this. I understand your anger and fury, but allow me to ask you something."

"Have I had the chance to be taught? My family was murdered at a young age, and I have been a wanderer all my life. I never knew kindness, nor love and protection. I have ran into few wolves, most loners. You are the first pack for me to have come across. Now, ask me again if I know of a mothers' will. Ask if I should have learned the words of Litany when you realize my past has been a living hell, in which I have known only myself!" She snarled. :x
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-song snarled back and the sound that came out of her was more then just intimidating and a clear warning not to provocate her anger. This snarl was deep and threatening, coming from a place usually hidden in her moondancer's heart.

It sent shivers of horror down the spines of all garou around her and in addition to this she seemed to grow even bigger than she already was. Her face turned into the visage of a frightening ferocious wolf with gleamy ruby-red eyes that made her impressive beyond everything the young garou had ever seen.

*wolf-speech*
You talking like a weak young pup, white one! Stop whining, I can't bear garou who whine about their cruel destiny! I will tell you something and you should listen carefully to my words:

she seemed to calm down after this first outburst

*wolf-speech*
Once I have been surrounded by my loving packmates. My pack lived in the icy areas of the north. We had not much - but the mother cared for us - as well as bold Fenrir, our father and Hrafn, the Raven, the laughing one.

Harsh was our live and full of battle - but there was also joy. My folk loved to live - loved to do our mother's will, loved to defend her! Everyone of us would have happily given our live if this sacrifice would have meant victory for the mother's will for us protecting her!

And so did my folk: The Wyrmlings came, attacking our caern in masses. It was a battle we hardly won and it was paid with lots of our blood! We defeated them, we cleaned our mother's bones from this threat. Oh, how glorious was this time!

Few of us were left. We were weakened by the war we had just fought. The Fianna came and wanted to benifit from our weakness. Rune-Whistler, our godi - shaman in your words, I think - and Blood-in-the-Winds, my mentor - they thaught me all they knew about my folks heritage - about the heritage of the Icy-Stream-Caern's Fenrir.

I wanted to fight with them, I wanted to die with them - but I had to promise in the name of all our folk's spirits that I would keep my folk's storys, that I would rescue them so that they won't be lost. That I would find the ones that left the pack many years before to find an important legacy of Fenrir himself.

Alone I'm since then, a wanderer like you - and, I ask you: Do I whine? - No!
Cause whining is the sign of weakness. You seeking protection, kindness and love? Then first try to find out the mother's will. She is talking to you in every river in every whisper of the wind. You just have to listen, white one!

But you don't listen! You are a fearsome child that shuts out the world without listening to the mother's gentle words. You demand kindness in an inacceptable way!

Again she made this bloodfreezing snarl that winds down the spines of everyone and then she snorted disgusted in the stranger's direction

*wolf-speech*
I, Night-Song Tale-Spinner, daughter of Blizzard-Strider Hrafn's-Smile and Breanne human's child, daughter of the Icy-Stream-Caern, have spoken!

yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Smirking, Shonita said, "You think you've seen the worst. You think I am whining? I am merely stating, that you know nothing of my struggles. I am not demanding love and kindness. I don't need it, nor do I need sympathy. I am merely trying to win a battle before it starts..."

"Do you wish to die at the hands of evil? I do not, however, I will if it means destroying it. Now, I wish to live, and carry on my bloodline of my father and his father, and his father before him. I wish to see my pack rise in pride and victory once again, and howl from the joy of the hunt."

"You, whom know nothing of my pack and our ways, say that I am whining. I am strong. I have survived fifteen years alone, without anyone. I need nobody! If this is how you feel, then I'm afraid, I must fight my battle alone..."

With a sad smile, Shonita walked away, never looking back, even at the kind wolf of whom had promised to fight by her side.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

A toothy grin appeared on Night-Song's face when the white stranger accused her of knowing nothing about her pack's ways. She shaked her massive head.

*wolf-speech*
And again you are whining, white one. You say you are strong, because you lived on your own all life? You say you are strong because you are right now leaving us - just because one who is a stranger to you dares to be not in one line with you?

Night-Song laughed out with a disgusted, yet also ... provocative sound.

*wolf-speech*
Let me tell you something: Right now you are running away! Right now you are singing the whiner's song of be left all alone! Right now you are trying to force us to run after you to beg for forgiving our narrow-mindedness! You try to create pangs in our hearts, Shonita!

Now Night-Song was clearly smiling - a dangerous smile, anyways.

*wolf-speech*
If you would have come to this pack with the proper way of behaviour - and even a loner gets these laws to learn once in his life, especially when the loner survived as long as you did - then I wouldn't have said anything. But these are the ways of MY folk, Shonita! And Respect is a lection that the mother even teaches to them who are lonely. But if you wanna leave, then I'll give you some words of my pack with you: True strength acknowledges own weaknesses. You are denying your own weakness while pretending to be strong. This is it why I call you a whiner!

yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

As Shonita walked on, ignoring the wolf who accused her so, her ears picked up on a simple call.

"No... I-it can't be!" She quickly let out a long howl, only to be answered again with the piercing wolf call of her pack.

She barked happily, and started running, never caring if she hit something, nor of what the strange wolves were yelling at her back. All she knew was the call she had heard. Not one, but two.

Her brothers were alive.