CUTE?!? *gasp* Abomination!!!

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

You prefer your werewolves to be...?

Snarly
5%
Beautiful
9%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
1%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
68%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
18%

Total votes: 80

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I remember watching a wolf looking back to stare at the guy filming him, only to then walk into that tree he didn't see.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

OMG :lol: Are you serouse? Here I am thinking that wolves are extra careful.

Silly wolf. :wacko:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:OMG :lol: Are you serious? Here I am thinking that wolves are extra careful.

Silly wolf. :wacko:
Yes, deadly serious.
The clip was on this one animal-themed episode of a funny video show.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

I'd say they should be capable of looking as cute/beautiful/majestic/etc as they want. Like wolves. One can be all majestic and regal looking one moment, all perched on a rock or something in some pose you'd expect out of a calendar or national geographic, then up in your face with a demonic snarl looking like he's about to rip your face off.
agreed 8)
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Sounds too Goldenwolfen too me, and that allready bored me out.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

What an... odd poll. I voted other. <.< ~cough~ For sexay!
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I go back to my old argument. The human body is beautiful. The wolf is beautiful. Why should a hybrid of the two look like crap?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Scott Gardener wrote:I go back to my old argument. The human body is beautiful. The wolf is beautiful. Why should a hybrid of the two look like crap?
Because the gestalt form was made via a committee?
-Calculon
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:I go back to my old argument. The human body is beautiful. The wolf is beautiful. Why should a hybrid of the two look like crap?
Because the gestalt form was made via a committee?
Scott: Well... I agree that beautiful + beautiful should not = ugly, and do i think it would be a good idea to break usual werewolf convention and not make this werewolf a snarling, drooling sack of fur. It might be hard though, especally when we're dealing with soemthing as subjective as beauty

Apokryltaros: Yeah... it's unfortunate that for so long, werewolf fans have had to watch the image of the werewolf be toyed with by a board of movie producers that care more about making a quick doller then by making a movie that appeals to anyone :roll: Hopefully we can all change that in Freeborn :D
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

One thing I've never understood about this is the logic behind "making a quick dollar." Isn't a movie that's confirmed to be interesting to its fanbase more likely to profit?
Sanity is relative.
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Ralith wrote:One thing I've never understood about this is the logic behind "making a quick dollar." Isn't a movie that's confirmed to be interesting to its fanbase more likely to profit?
Yeah it is, but it requires alot of reaserch and time to look into a fanbase's intrestest's, therefor the doller they would end up making would be nowhere near as quick.

It's the basic idea of quantity over quality, they hope that if they realise lots of medocre-at-best movies that they came make roughtly the same amont of money as if they only realeased a few realy good movies, only with less effort.
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

I think they should be beautiful and cool. When they are on the normal mood they would look pretty calm and when someone is threating the werewolf, it should look dangerous and ferocious (teeth showing and growling).
I think there should be little bit cuteness too :D
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Sometimes marketing dogma goes beyond profit and into just plain dogma. For example, the marketing of really expensive things, like cars, to teenagers and 20-year-olds. Marketing is so heavily geared towards a young audience. It would make economic sense to market to the people who actually can afford these expensive stuff. I dare you to name one person you know under the age of 35 who ever bought a Cadillac brand new. And, if per chance you can, did he or she buy it, or was it the parents?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Most 'Corvettes' I see have Age 50+ drivers behind the wheel.

...so yeah, I know what you mean...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I was just thinking the same thing as I wrote the article. Sure, a used Corvette might make its way in the hands of a guy in his thirties who loves tinkering with cars. (Even then it's likely only maybe an eighties model. Any newer and it hasn't depreciated enough, and any older and it's gained value as a collectable. Corvettes have among the lowest depreciation of regular market vehicles, in spite of a low track record of reliability, because of their raw power and huge cult following.)

I figure in ten years I can walk into a Chevy dealership and tell them I'm an upper middle class balding guy with a mid-life crisis, and they'll show me straight to the Corvettes.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

I think the Gestalt forms should have the look of furred gods.

Impressive, powerful, beautiful, dangerous.

But we should also remember that they each contain a full and dynamic personality.

Further, they should always have tails. Nice, long, gloriously floofy tails.

Which when they should so choose, they can use for appropriate body language.

Such as being friendly .... aka .... wagging it .......

Everyone knows what that kind of body language means.

Right ?
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Why do you think cute is an abomination? I mean it's all about genetics, if you get the "good" genes you look better so why wouldn't it be the same for the werewolves?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Fenrir wrote:Why do you think cute is an abomination?

If I am correct, I don't think Set actually thinks cute werewolves are an abomination. I'm pretty sure it was a barb directed at the line of thinking that werewolves must be uber-badasses.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Renorei wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Why do you think cute is an abomination?

If I am correct, I don't think Set actually thinks cute werewolves are an abomination. I'm pretty sure it was a barb directed at the line of thinking that werewolves must be uber-badasses.

ah i see i had a feeling that was it
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Super cute! The whole slide show is neat!
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I think I have to disagree that a WW by committe looks like crap. The PACK seems to have come up with a pretty cool idea of a WW.

Do I think WWs can be cute? If Gorillas can be cute, then anything can.

Actually, there was this documentary(must be my night for 'em) about baby mammals and how they're genetically designed to appeal to ANY adult mammal. They ALL have big head for their body size, bigger eyes, bigger ears, etc. So they're designed to make even other mammal species hesitate to harm them. So baby ones, sure.

Adults ones - sure. Anyone who has a big dog can tell you that.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Silver wrote:I think I have to disagree that a WW by committe looks like crap. The PACK seems to have come up with a pretty cool idea of a WW.

Do I think WWs can be cute? If Gorillas can be cute, then anything can.

Actually, there was this documentary(must be my night for 'em) about baby mammals and how they're genetically designed to appeal to ANY adult mammal. They ALL have big head for their body size, bigger eyes, bigger ears, etc. So they're designed to make even other mammal species hesitate to harm them. So baby ones, sure.

Adults ones - sure. Anyone who has a big dog can tell you that.
We're not just any committee.
Technically, we're not a committee, even, given as how we know the subject, and yet, are not getting paid for being a committee.
-Calculon
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

well, remember that the WW apearance may be a mix of the human's original face and wolf. So, it can be anything, right? cute, beautiful, your worst nightmare...

Still, it will really depend of where the were will be. If it's something light, like cartoons of just stuff that does not terror, I will apreciate much more the WW as something beautiful or cute. If the intention is to cause terror or for action (like Van Helsing), I will never, ever, want to see a cute 2W. You know? It's just hard to mix these things.
huh?