Alone and Afriad

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

((My fault. Sorry 'bout that. Just wasn't thinking.Just ignore that part. :| ))
Forest-Wolf nodded and waited for the others.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Grayheart wrote:
"So, you grab his upper half, and I'll handle the lower half or...?"
Night-Song thought about this a short moment, using this time to look at Dark-Moon's dead body. She sighed. It would be quite easy to carry his body, since he died in his wolf-form, but on the other hand it was sad that he hadn't died in his glorious war-form! She gave Metal-Wolf a short nod.

*wolf-speech*
Seems to be a good idea. I would suggest that you first help me to lift his head and forepaws onto my shoulders, so I can grab the latter in my claws and there is no danger that he falls down. The rest is up to you then.
Metal-Wolf helped Night-Song lift Dark-Moon's head and forepaws onto her shoulders, and carefully picked up his lower half by his legs, gripping tightly. Metal-Wolf nodded towards the ruins and waited for Night-Song to start walking so they could move in unison, and thus not drop the warrior's body.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song took care of her grip before she turned her head slightly to the side and gave Metal-Wolf a short nod that she would now start to walk.

*wolf-speech*
Forest-Wolf and the others should have built up the pile by now ...

she spoke while carefully walking towards the ruins and balancing the dead warrior on her shoulders

... so we can rest his body already there and don't have to move him any more. But there is still a lot of work to do and especially for me. We have now one hour for the last preparations I think.

I will tell you now what I will tell the others when we are finished with the actual task: While I take care for the last preparations think of a little story about Dark-Moon you want to tell to honor him and a little gift that you can give to the spirits of fire afterwards. This is the way of my folk and usually we have more time to prepare such things - but, you've seen it as well: A lot of interruptions in these nights of new fortune.

Then she fell silent again, concentrating on the things that were to be come and not to let her precious burden fall down to earth
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

Lone-wolf raised her head when Metal-wolf and Night-song brought Dark-moon's body, but didn't move.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf looked up. Seeing Night-Song and Metal-Wolf, he stood up.
"The pile is finished," He said while pointing towards the wood pile.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl walked up a few feet behind Metal-Wolf and Night-Song. She stoped in her steps seeing her father's body again.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Although Night-Song was strong even she had problems with carrying the old warrior's body over this last few meters. She was very relieved when she saw that Forest-Wolf and the others had already built up the pile, so she gave
Metal-Wolf with a few words the order to walk a little bit faster.

Few moments later they had rested Dark-Moon on the pile, where he would be given soon to the spirits of fire. She lifted her head up and looked around to see, if all of them were there. She couldn't see the stranger any more and was concerned about this fact but as she noticed Bright-Howl she forgot about him for this moment.

She walked over to her, lowering her head to look straigthly into her eyes

*whispered wolf-speech*
Are you okay, young one?

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl's eyes held a sadness yet her spirit was strong as ever. She looked to Night-Song.
"I suppose I am. It's just...different. Seeing him after all this."
*She calmly looked at her father's body.*
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Anubis solemly bowed his head, at the sight of his teacher's body.
"good bye darkmoon, may you have safe passage to the spirit world" he said softly.
THE GAME

My Armory
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song nodded.

*wolf-speech*
It is hard to see a loved one in this state, but keep in mind, young one - what you are seeing now is just a body, not your father any more. Your father's spirit is gone out of it already - we all saw it, we all heard him.

We will give this what the mother had given to him as a home in this world back to her through the spirits of fire. We show our respect through this act for her - and our respect to Dark-Moon.

But young one: Do not let the pain about his death eat your heart. It is a precious and seldom one from what I have seen already. Give your pain to the fire when it burns, howl out your pain to the world - but then: Give it away, let it die with the burning flames!

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl nodded and cast a look to the moon then back to Night-Song.
"From what you have spoken earlier it should be about time."
She half states half asks.
"I hope my father finds the peace that he could not find here."
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song followed Bright-Howl's gaze up to the sky - she was right, it was almost time! She thought about what now would be to do and sighed. She wished that there haven't been this much interruptions, but she couldn't change it now and had to use her creativeness to fill the holes that were left by inproper preparations.

*wolf-speech*
You are right, young one! It is almost time.

she raised her voice a little bit

Ye all! Listen! We will have to start soon - a few minutes are left and we will have to give this glorious warrior's body to the flames! There is not much time left, but you all: Think of a little story you wanna tell about him and a gift that you want to give to the spirits of fire afterwards!

When I will call you back again, be there, do not hesitate to come! This is a matter of respect!

Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

OOG: I would ask you all to take now enough time to think about what you wanna say at the funeral, okay? I will certainly need now a little bit time to prepare the ceremony in my head ... I will Night-Song let start the ceremony and then we all can go along. I hope, this suggestions are okay for you! If not, PM me please and we can discuss this.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Metal-Wolf nodded his acknowledgement of her words, but spared not a moment's hesistation into shifting back to his wolf form and running off. Metal-Wolf's mind raced as his legs did, thinking of what tale he could tell of Dark-Moon, and what to give to the fire spirits afterwards.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf sat somewhat dazed. He silently stared at his leader's body. The pictures of Broken-Fang's passing raced through his mind. He knew the ceremony was only a few minutes away. Slowly padding over to Bright-Howl, he let a false smile cover his face.
"I'm gonna miss him. I just want you to know that I though he was a wonderful leader," He stated towards Bright-Howl.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl smiled softly. Her expression helf sadness, but the same warmth as it always had. She looked to Forest-Wolf.
"Thank you my friend. I knew we were not wrong about you."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf lightly smiled. He then turned his attention to his leader's body.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl's gaze followed Forest-Wolf's she inhaled deeply. The spirit wind that accompanied her so often blew softly then was gone. She looked to her father, friend and teacher's body. A sense of peace was carried to her, but also a sense of great loss.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

Lone-wolf got up slowly and at Dark-moons body for a while saying nothing then she turned and walked away to wait until the call came.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl waited for Night-Song to start the ceremony. Her gaze never traveled far from her fathers body.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

While the others were thinking about their little story and thinking about the gift, Night-Song took care of the last preparations to inflame the pile. Then she brought Dark-Moon's body in the right position, letting his face turn into the direction where his spirit and the ghostpack had vanished before.

She then stood looked up to the sky and her gaze observed carefully the way of the moon. After a short while she raised her voice and began to howl.

*wolf-speech*
All ye brave garou, now you are all to come!
To see the last way of an old warrior that is gone!
Ye all who hear my howl do not hesitate!
Follow it without rest to come not too late!

It was a thrilling and urging howl and she repeated it two more times to make sure that everyone had heard her. Now she waited for them all to return in silence

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Metal-Wolf returned quickly, what looked to be blood soaked, rent, and slightly singed metal and leather chestplate in his jaws. The breastplate of the hunter who had commanded fire to his bidding, hunting Garou. The metal was all but gone now, which was good, the leather burnt easier. The tale he had planned to tell was obvious, as he shifted to war-form and drew himself up on two legs once again.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl came to the howl she was in human form. She stayed in human form as she watched Metal-Wolf waiting to see what he planned to do. She cast a look to Night-Song waiting.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf quickly turned his gaze towards Night-Song. He knew that this was it. The ceremony was about to begin.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

Lone-wolf came trooting. Neveer really taking in her surroundings