OFFICIAL "PACKMEET"

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote:Okay, that would explain it...

Then again, prices have gone up everywhere, on everything... :(
A-kon is a 3 day event. I arrive early Friday, spend 2 nights, checkout Sunday before noon.

Simple as that. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

hmmm...good thing I've started savin up already, I really want to be about to enjoy this since it will be my first time at any type of Convention. $1500 would have most likely have been fine a few years ago, but vrikasatma is right, everything has been so pricey, I do hope it's still possible to go.. :(
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Akon wouldn't cost much for me. I have friends in Dallas.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:Akon wouldn't cost much for me. I have friends in Dallas.

Of course. Sharing the room with friends can save you money if everyone agrees to pay thier share.

Since lots of people did that, that hotel became overcrowded. Trying to get back to my room was a problem. It took me up to 30 minutes!! Riding the elevators up was out of the question since it was always full when the doors open. So I had to take the one going down. Then stay in there for the return trip up. Now I understood why the elevators was full when the doors opened. Everyone else had to do the same thing.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Damn me being so on another planet and all. Australia - distant. Oh well, maybe one day when one of my band tours over there, and everyone's still friends, we can be the band that plays! Corny werewolf songs. :P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hate you guys, why does everything have to be in texas? :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Have you missed all the times that Abr, Fig, and others have said that there will probably be meets in various locations?
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Illl have to try to pull a large sum of money out of my azz to get there, :( but we will defently need some furries there,

YAY for the furries,

Ps. im not a furry, just a writer for furries
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

strykeriuswolf wrote:Illl have to try to pull a large sum of money out of my azz to get there, :( but we will defently need some furries there,

YAY for the furries
One of us! One of us! One of us! :P
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Hehe. :lol:
It's funny. I fought being furry for months, mostly because people have a warped impression of furs, but with the help of some friends I realized that there's nothing wrong with it.
I'm still really picky with what I enjoy though. I am not into yiff at all...not by any stretch of the imagination. My tie to furrydom is an appreciation for realistic were-style anthro art, and an affinity for making were costumes. :) Then my fur-sona is my real personality as it is my therian side. ^_^ I have no desire to portray myself as something I am not, but I find that through art and costume, I can more fully express my jaguarundi side.
:o
navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

Jeez, poop and other such words to express negative emotions ;)

Hey! I have an idea! Come have the con at my place :D Put yourselves way out for the sake of my own laziness and lack of cash-flow 8)

Of course, I kid. All going to plan, I should be able to make it in about... 6 years? :P Maybe less! :D
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

South Africa: OK, we've got Pack members on at least four continents! We'll definitely need some sort of web-casting technology if we want to pull off an open invitation. Not to mention time zones; I think an afternoon in Australia must be something like bloody three in the morning here in the U.S. The post immediately above me was from Ireland; we're quite multinational. Freeborn's gone global!

A-Kon budget: $500 is fairly typical, but you can get by on much less. If you just stay the three official con nights and split a room four-ways, you can reduce your hotel expenses to about $100. You can expect about as much on food and other essentials, and at least as much on merchandise. The most I ever spent was about $800, but got back $350 (I paid for the room, but got paid back from a group of roommates afterwards). The least I ever paid was a $50 profit, because I sold a bunch of Magic: the Gathering cards that year. But, I don't have any more $200 game cards to spare, and I suspect most of you don't, either. So, $500 is probably about right. Not cheap, I know, but, it's the sort of thing worth saving for.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Just checked the mileage on the AAA fuel calculator. I'd need in excess of $1500 for the gas. Planes would probably be that much, too. :(

Nope, sorry guys. I'm not worth that much on the white slavery market. Maybe we'll see ya at FurCon...
ImageImageImageImage
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Short Tail wrote:
strykeriuswolf wrote:Illl have to try to pull a large sum of money out of my azz to get there, :( but we will defently need some furries there,

YAY for the furries
One of us! One of us! One of us! :P
:roflmao:

FurCon, where is that?

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Convention: I can arrange to be up at 3am. My time difference to Texas is 13 hours behind. So if you held it at say 7pm, it'd be 6am for me. Well that's sort of crap then isn't it, but I wake up at 7am as it is. Every morning. Besides I lack a web cam. Eh scratch that, just tell me how it went! :lol:

Furries: I have a tail and found a wolf mask, but I've only recently found out what a furry is. Well I knew the word, and I always liked anthro art, I draw a lot myself and werewolves, and I was a big Redwall fan as a kid. I recently searched furries up, I have a bisexual male friend who is a fox furry. I love to dress up, usually as a music wolf haha. Or something. But the tail looks more like a spotless snowleopard. Ive been looking at furry sites for very big detailed feather wing help. Im building some. They need to be about my height, so huge, (Im short but human sized wings...O.O), realistic, strong and feathered. Add a cat skull mask and a tail, and I look very scary.

But if anybody wants to fill me in on more furry information, I'd be interested in learning about them. We dont have conventions here so becoming one would be useless, except Halloween, but Im interested regardless. Also about the so called 'Furry badness' What is that all about? Probably fake? Ive never met any sick minded furries before.

Anyway off topic my apologies! :|
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Um furry Badness? lol I have no idea what that is can you explain a little?

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

silverpaw wrote:Um furry Badness? lol I have no idea what that is can you explain a little?
Somebody mentioned here that they have a bad name. What does that mean? What sort of a bad name? I've never come across that except on the CSI mention I got also from elsewhere.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Hey i sawa that CSI one, i thought it was funny
Well some peple think furries are bad cose furries are sometimes seen as "a sick gruop of people who dress liek animals and have sex, and also have sex with animals"
Thast one ive heard but thats kinda bullshit, sure some furs do fursuit and all that but theres nothign wrong with.

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

silverpaw wrote:Hey i sawa that CSI one, i thought it was funny
Well some peple think furries are bad cose furries are sometimes seen as "a sick gruop of people who dress liek animals and have sex, and also have sex with animals"
Thast one ive heard but thats kinda S#@^, sure some furs do fursuit and all that but theres nothign wrong with.

Wow that's a harsh thing to claim. People insult what they don't understand, don't they. Well frankly I don't think Mike does any of that. Thanks for the explanation though! I think fursuits are an expressive idea, for example me becoming a werewolf on Halloween is me expressing my interests and inner wolf.

Besides, the creativity and the absolute skill of some of the fursuit makers is astonishing!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

haha i like fursuits, dont have one though, i mainly want one so i can terrorize people in china town :P

Yeah it is amazing what they can create, and yeah i hate people that judge something they dont understad, its plain stupid.

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Agreed. Ah well, we just have to ignore those people. ;) They're the ones who lose, because not having an open mind lands you in all sorts of rubbish, plus it denies you individuality in a lot of cases, and makes it harder for relationships.

Anyways off topic, sorry to clog the board with questions, thanks Silverpaw for the info 8)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Anytime, Glad to have helped
Back on topic now :D

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

"Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly." - The Zoo Story, Edward Albee

In other words I'm going to drag this off topic again just long enough to post a link. It has a very good article about furries on it.

http://firstlight.net/~chythar/manawolf/
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Kirk Hammett wrote:But if anybody wants to fill me in on more furry information, I'd be interested in learning about them. We dont have conventions here so becoming one would be useless, except Halloween, but Im interested regardless. Also about the so called 'Furry badness' What is that all about? Probably fake? Ive never met any sick minded furries before.
While there are no major conventions, there are small get togethers that I know of. You might concider looking at http://www.furry.org.au/mailman/listinfo/ozfurry since mailing groups and fourums are some of the best ways to get involved. I hope that helps. :D
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Set wrote:"Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly." - The Zoo Story, Edward Albee

In other words I'm going to drag this off topic again just long enough to post a link. It has a very good article about furries on it.

http://firstlight.net/~chythar/manawolf/
May I re-state that the majority of furs have no interest in yiff or other deviant sexual activites. I found ManaWolf's philosophy paper well-written, but fairly disturbing. Most of us would agree that that is definately not ok.