Wolves and the wind

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Wolves and the wind

Post by Set »

Does anyone know of any good resources that tell of the wolf's connection with the wind? All I have is one little part in a book saying "If a wolf howls, it created wind. If it continues to howl then fog would come." Apparently this was a belief of the Native Americans, but I've never been able to find anything on the subject.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Frankly, I don't know of any solid connections, there. The comic book Fables has Bigby Wolf's ("Bigby" as in "Big B" = "Big Bad") father the West Wind (I think - one of the winds, anyway) and I guess that comes from the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs and Bigby's prodigious huff-and-puff. I have heard the wind howling around the house so that it sounded just like a wolf. In doing a factor analysis of Therian personality and response to elements in nature, I fouund a strong relationship between response to the moon and response to wind.

In other words, not all Werewolves are strongly affected by the full moon but those that are tend also to be strongly affected by high wind.

I know of no Werewolf stories that strongly feature the wind.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Hmm. Well...thanks. I was only curious, I've never come across it anywhere else.