The Werewolf fans need a name!!!

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.

What do you want the name of the die-hard fans to be called?

The Pack
68%
The Shifted
4%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
10%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
No votes
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
10%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
4%
Werians
4%

Total votes: 50

NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

"Howlers"
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

How about "Weres" ?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Treads Lightly wrote:How about "Weres" ?
Sorry...that one is taken as well. However, I am growing fond of the "Howlers" suggestion. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lycanthropians
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

WolvenOne wrote:Were Wolf Fanatics.....

....I GOT IT!

From this day forward, we shall be known as the WWF!

*is beaten to death by a hord of Lawyers*

......medic...

ROFL!

Hmm, how about lycans? its been about already... or somehtin whatever :P
*When you're down... howl*
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmm, I'm just gonna type down stuff from my brainstorming session :D

Lupus Sapians
MoonShifters
NightHowls
MoonHowls
NightRunners
MoonRunners
MoonWolves
NightShifters
The Pack
:D
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I really can't think of anything on my own. I will, however, cast my vote *against* 'lycans' since a) it's already been used in a movie and b) it's something that grows on trees. ;-P I'm sorry, I thought it was the worst word to use for werewolves without calling them werewolves.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Werewolf wrote:
Terastas wrote:How about the Werekin?
That's pretty good, the only thing I could see is people pronouncing it wrong since if you say the word it sounds a bit like "working"... maybe with a Boston accent :lol:
Yeah, well... I'm from Boston and I got it right. :D
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I'm takin' what they're givin' 'cause I'm Werekin for a liviin'...
dD
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by dD »

Aren't we all TF fans anyway? I mean we are into werewolves but for most of us isn't it part of the bigger thing?
http://tfboard.co.uk if you think human to other creature transformations are cool then I'd love to see you there.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Re: ...

Post by Lasthowl »

dD wrote:Aren't we all TF fans anyway? I mean we are into werewolves but for most of us isn't it part of the bigger thing?
I can occasionally enjoy other carnivorous transformations, but werewolves are special to me.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

WolvenOne wrote:Werekin, Wolfkin, that sounds sorta familier to me.

Isn't there an obscure subculture on the internet called Otherkin? If I'm remembering it correctly, they're a group of people that believe they're mythical creatures in disguise, not human.

Hmm, if I am remembering that correctly, that those names would be a bit too closely related for comfort.
Otherkin essentially think that they are born into the wrong body. Much like a transsexual often states how they're a woman born into a man's body, they say they're a wolf (or whatever) born into a human body. I don't think the words are so close that people think they're referring to these people, though.

Still, I rather like "Wolfkin." You could also call us "Lunatics" - note the capital L. "Mooninites" would be fun, but I think Adult Swim might object.

How about you just call us, "Duckies"? Then people can get really confused!
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Xodiac wrote:Still, I rather like "Wolfkin." You could also call us "Lunatics" - note the capital L. "Mooninites" would be fun, but I think Adult Swim might object.

I like "Lunatics" also.
Then again, "Just Duckies" has a delightful quixotic ring to it, too.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Xodiac wrote:Still, I rather like "Wolfkin." You could also call us "Lunatics" - note the capital L. "Mooninites" would be fun, but I think Adult Swim might object.

I like "Lunatics" also.
Then again, "Just Duckies" has a delightful quixotic ring to it, too.

Lunaticks are those tiny parasites found on werewolves. :P

WWF gets my vote!!

(Were Wolf Fanatics)
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I like just "The Pack". It something that can go really well into a sentence of general conversation.

For example:

"The new werewolf transformation scene is complete! We've got to show a screenshot to 'The Pack'."

I think it works quite well.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

ShadowFang wrote:I like just "The Pack". It something that can go really well into a sentence of general conversation.

For example:

"The new werewolf transformation scene is complete! We've got to show a screenshot to 'The Pack'."

I think it works quite well.
:) :D I like that too. :wink:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Off topic for a moment, sorry :) Ahem. There are Therians and Otherkin. Therians are people (like me) who feel that they are either in part or in whole a normal animal in spirit. Otherkin are people who feel they are pretty much anything else in spirit. Dragons, faeries, gryphons, angels, demons, etc..

Sorry, had to clarify :)

Now, back on topic.

Hurrm, this is a good question. Hard to know what to call yourself as a werewolf fan. I do like "the moonstruck", but I agree that that can mean a bunch of things. I think it should be something distincly werewolfish in nature. Here are a few suggestions from me:

Wolf Souls (could also mean general wolf fans)
Wolfen (but that's been used many times)
Lupines
Vargr (Danish or something for wolf)
Lycans (again, used a bunch)
Lunes (heh heh, play on words)
Moon Wolves
Those Crazy Werewolf People
The Wolf Hearted (could also mean general wolf fans)
Changers
Shifters (though this term is also used a lot)

Eh, not too happy with many of those. I think this needs some more thought :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Goldenwolf wrote:Off topic for a moment, sorry :) Ahem. There are Therians and Otherkin. Therians are people (like me) who feel that they are either in part or in whole a normal animal in spirit. Otherkin are people who feel they are pretty much anything else in spirit. Dragons, faeries, gryphons, angels, demons, etc..

Sorry, had to clarify :)

Now, back on topic.

Hurrm, this is a good question. Hard to know what to call yourself as a werewolf fan. I do like "the moonstruck", but I agree that that can mean a bunch of things. I think it should be something distincly werewolfish in nature. Here are a few suggestions from me:

Wolf Souls (could also mean general wolf fans)
Wolfen (but that's been used many times)
Lupines
Vargr (Danish or something for wolf)
Lycans (again, used a bunch)
Lunes (heh heh, play on words)
Moon Wolves
Those Crazy Werewolf People
The Wolf Hearted (could also mean general wolf fans)
Changers
Shifters (though this term is also used a lot)

Eh, not too happy with many of those. I think this needs some more thought :)

Those are good choices. But instead of Lycans, how about Lycanthropians.

I still think Werewolf fanatics/fans is the best choice. That way everyone will know who the director is thanking. I hope the message is during the start of the credits, not at the end.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Those are good choices. But instead of Lycans, how about Lycanthropians.

I still think Werewolf fanatics/fans is the best choice. That way everyone will know who the director is thanking. I hope the message is during the start of the credits, not at the end.
"Lycanthropians"?...That is too much of a mouthful.

It may be for the best just to call ourselves "WereWolf Fans" and leave it at that.
...though I think it would be really cool if we can come up with something. :D

As for that special message we seem to be expecting now, I think it will be a good idea not to get conceited. We are just giving ideas. We are not making this movie. A brief "special thanks" at the very, very end of the closing credits would be an HONOR. Try not to get snobish about it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:Those are good choices. But instead of Lycans, how about Lycanthropians.

"Lycanthropians"?...That is too much of a mouthful.

It may be for the best just to call ourselves "WereWolf Fans" and leave it at that.
...though I think it would be really cool if we can come up with something. :D

As for that special message we seem to be expecting now, I think it will be a good idea not to get conceited. We are just giving ideas. We are not making this movie. A brief "special thanks" at the very, very end of the closing credits would be an HONOR. Try not to get snobish about it.
Oh, yes, it would be an HONOR to see a special thanks at the end of the closing credits. But like I said earlier, the theater will be empty by the time the credits finish.

Hmmmm....I bet we can point out who the werewolf fanatics are when the movie is done. Those who stays and watches the credits till the end are werewolf fanatics!! :P
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Figarou wrote:Oh, like at the end of the credits? Just so you know, the theater will be empty by the time the message appears.

It should be a message that everyone will understand. Not just the werewolf fanatics.

Like this...

"Special thanks to all the werewolf fanatics for thier encouragement and wonderful ideas."

A non-werewolf fan won't know what you guys are talking about if you say for example

"Thanks to the "woofers" for thier encouragement and wonderful ideas."

They'll think.... "Woofers?" "Whats a woofer?" "Do they mean sub-woofer?"

keep this in mind.

thats my 2 cents.
The thing is, this isn't for the mainstream fans. This is a special thank you put in exclusively for everyone on the site that gave us great input. Anthony and I, along with everyone else associated with Re-Quest is deeply greatful that we were able to get such great input from you guys and really want to express our thanks and this is the way we think would be best.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Lasthowl wrote:
Vuldari wrote: You know...something simple...like ONE word.
Like the Moonstruck :)
The only thing about "Moonstruck" is that this movie will be getting away from the whole "werewolf's change b/c of full moon". (Mod note: We are not dedicating this to werewolf fans in general. I mean we are sort of. Very hard to explain while you're typing. lol)
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

So far, what are people liking the best?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:Oh, like at the end of the credits? Just so you know, the theater will be empty by the time the message appears.

It should be a message that everyone will understand. Not just the werewolf fanatics.

Like this...

"Special thanks to all the werewolf fanatics for thier encouragement and wonderful ideas."

A non-werewolf fan won't know what you guys are talking about if you say for example

"Thanks to the "woofers" for thier encouragement and wonderful ideas."

They'll think.... "Woofers?" "Whats a woofer?" "Do they mean sub-woofer?"

keep this in mind.

thats my 2 cents.
The thing is, this isn't for the mainstream fans. This is a special thank you put in exclusively for everyone on the site that gave us great input. Anthony and I, along with everyone else associated with Re-Quest is deeply greatful that we were able to get such great input from you guys and really want to express our thanks and this is the way we think would be best.
Well, not only should there be a name for ourselves in the "special thank you," you should also mention where the info came from. Maybe a non-werewolf fan would like to see/read how everything came to be.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

That's true. We could always do something like:

" A special thanks to (insert name) and thanks to everyone at www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewerewolf for all the great input" something kinda like that. I think it should go at the end though. As I said, this isn't a thank you to the general public. Though, they'll prolly stay cause we will more than likely do outtakes or something... but yeah, just toying with the message. Im gonna make the poll now.