E3

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

E3

Post by Vuldari »

The Big three have each presented thier respective Press Events, and the stage is set for the chaos that is E3...which starts TOMORROW.

Go HERE --> http://www.e3insider.com/ ...or to ANY VideoGame News website in the world to get the scoop on what is going on.

Here are some Highlights:

*Sony's PS3 graphics really ARE that good.
(well...close enough).

*The PS3 controller is back to the old "Dual Shock" design...but with MOTION DETECTION.
(...just like Nintendo...sort of...)

*Nintendo is making TWO "Mature" First-Party games for "Wii"* (*formerly "Revolution") ...a Nintendo First.
("Disaster:Day of Crisis" and "Project H.A.M.M.E.R.")

*Both halves of the Wii "Nunchuck" combo controller have motion sensors, and the Wand now has a Speaker built in.

*Super Mario Galaxy...Metroid Prime 3: Corruption...ExiteTruck...Red Steel...PilotWings...REAL Wii Games finally shown...

*LOTS of 360 games, including...

*...Halo 3...

...and So...SO much more.

All I can say is...WOW!...Image

Check it Out!
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

There is going to be 2 versions of the PS3.

Read this.

http://www.us.playstation.com/E3/News/PressReleases/341
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

ZOMG!!!! i watched E3 '06 live on G4TV last night! did anyone else? who saw the thing on Spore? wasn't it just the coolest thing ever?!?! oh yeah, red steel, MGS4 and the Halo 3 Trailer were cool, too.[/i]
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:There is going to be 2 versions of the PS3.

Read this.

http://www.us.playstation.com/E3/News/PressReleases/341
Yup...

A FULL version, and a "Why the hell would anyone buy this cheaper model, with not only a smaller hard-drive, but missing wi-fi, flash card support, and various other features as well" version for $100 less.

...just like the 360.

On that note...there will be TWO versions of "Zelda: Twilight Princess" as well. The GameCube and Wii versions will be sold seperately, but on the same day...Wii launch day.
Darum wrote:ZOMG!!!! i watched E3 '06 live on G4TV last night! did anyone else? who saw the thing on Spore? wasn't it just the coolest thing ever?!?! oh yeah, red steel, MGS4 and the Halo 3 Trailer were cool, too.
Yeah, I watched it. Spore looks really cool. I still haven't seen the Halo3 trailer yet (I must have missed in on G4), because my computer has been having trouble downloading the videos. (It took me all night to see the Nintendo Keynote speach and Demonstration).

As as Crazed Nintendo fan, the biggest shocker at E3 so far (that I didn't allready see comming from a mile away), was the announcement of "Disaster: Day of Crisis" and "Project H.A.M.M.E.R." as frst-party Nintendo games.

...do these look like typical "Nintendo" games to you?

In spite of being a little pissed that Sony Stooped so low as to steal some of Nintendo's thunder with thier "Six Axis of Freedom" motion sensitive Controller (with NO rumble function though...Nintendo still has rumble), Sony's press Event got me really exited about PS3 as well.

...I want one.

Too bad its SIX freekin HUNDRED dollars!!!...Image :cash:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:jawdrop: OMG!! Look at those graphics!! I so wnat to get those, but money don't grow on trees unfortunatlly :P
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Vuldari wrote: Image
Hey, that looks like me, just add a mustache.....

Oh and add glases :wink:

Click the Pic for a picture of me :lol:
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Omg it does! GLEEEEEEE! Halo 3 is coming.... :Foam forms around mouth:
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Wierd :lol:

Halo 3 mmmmm :headbanger:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Why does the playstation have to use Nvidia :cry:

I ask this because I smell a flop coming since in the video I saw sony did not recieve an aplause :lol:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

i'm actually a little excited about the PS3, now that i've seen all the games it's got! :o
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Solid Snake in SSB?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Post by Vuldari »

Holy %^$% ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL

...new characters include WARIO, PIT, SUITLESS SAMUS, META KNIGHT, (a Nintendog??), and more expected to be revealed, including...

Solid Snake...of "Metal Gear" fame.

Image Image

...are other THIRD-PARTY characters, such as SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, PAC MAN, or LAURA CROFT far behind??...or is SNAKE a special exeption?...

:jawdrop: :cafinated: *HEAD EXPLODES* :VERYcaf:

[EDIT: ]HIGH QUALITY PICS

*speachless*

[size=0].[/size]

=^.^'= ~
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Solid Snake in SSB?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Post by Darum »

Vuldari wrote:SUITLESS SAMUS
damn, Samus is looking good! i hope this game has breast physics! :lol: (i'm such a perv...)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Solid Snake in SSB?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Post by Vuldari »

Darum wrote:
Vuldari wrote:SUITLESS SAMUS
damn, Samus is looking good! i hope this game has breast physics! :lol: (i'm such a perv...)
Samus is H.O.T. allright...

Here is the "Official" Website for the game: SMASH Bros. Brawl

Smash Bros. Dojo

Official Teaser Movie

[Note: Japanise Nintendo fans are being given the opportunity to Suggest what OTHER characters should appear in the final version, as well as favorite game tunes to be composed by a FULL orchestra for the game score. Source:IGN ...but it is unknown if those OUTSIDE of Japan will be given the same opportunity. ]

...speaking of music...

The Main Theme of the New Smash Bros. game is composed by none other than Nobuo Uematsu!, who is the man responsible for the fantastic themes of the "FINAL FANTASY" series of games.

MP3

=^.^'= ~
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

*face palms* perky pixilated bounciness!! :roll:
Does nobody here follow the pc aspect of E3? How about Crysis? It has been refered to as the best looking game at E3, and I for one agree. I was however, dissapointed by how little Spore's presentation differed from last year's, but I stilll think it has the makings of the best game ever. (since half life 2) :lol:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Short Tail wrote:*face palms* perky pixilated bounciness!! :roll:
yes, it's immature, we get it. :roll: but immature can be fun sometimes, lighten up! :D
Short Tail wrote:Does nobody here follow the pc aspect of E3? How about Crysis? It has been refered to as the best looking game at E3, and I for one agree.
there's no way in hell my PC is going to run that game. :cry: it may look good. but, is it fun?
Short Tail wrote: I was however, dissapointed by how little Spore's presentation differed from last year's, but I stilll think it has the makings of the best game ever. (since half life 2) :lol:
agreed.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Yeah...Spore is my most anticipated PC game displayed at E3.

Crysis does look amazingly beautiful...but I'm with Darum. I wouldn't buy this game just for the graphics. If I hear that it is a REALLY fun game to actually PLAY...even after the novelty of the SFX wears off...THEN I will get exited about it.

For some reason, I just don't seem to care about X-box or the 360. I don't have any fun getting my butt whooped on Halo Multiplayer, and I am actually driven AWAY by eccessive Blood and Gore, (meaning "Gears of War" is not interesting to me), so I have little to get exited about on that system.

...exept "Geometry Wars", "Full Auto" 1&2, and "Fable 2"...and GTA4...

Okay...so XB360 has SOME things I am interested in...but I doubt I will have the money to spare to buy any of those games, since I will be spending it all on Wii games, like SSBB, MP3, SMG, SWF...(and numerous other abbreviations that you will give yourself a headache trying to decypher).

=^.^'= ~