How do you see the forums?

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

How do you see the forums?

Post by Set »

When you read the posts, is it just text on a screen, with a few pictures here and there? Or do you picture a group of people sitting around and talking?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just a textual discussion. I know for 100% sure that a lot of people will discuss a lot less, or not at all when it comes to discussions in real life.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I see it as text discussions. Imagine most on here as whatever their avatar is though :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I actually picture a group of people sitting around talking.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

same here, but i see people's avies as faces.
Last edited by Anubis on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

That should be a weird sight...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

It's not really real-time enough to see it anything other than text.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Anubis wrote:same here, but i see people's avies as faces.
So, when you talk to me. You see me as my avatar?
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Anook wrote:
yup, that's why avies are important, it gives the reader some thing to identify the writer with also, it's a clue to some one's personality.

so when i see you i see you as a cute puppy hanging on a pumpkin
THE GAME

My Armory
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Thats cool.
:D

I understand what you mean. When I talk to you, instead of actually seeing you as a person, I see you are your avatar.

I'd rather be a puppy or maybe a wolf then anything else . :love:
I'm such a freak. I couldn't decide which kind of lab for my avatar, so I just picked the chocolate one :lol:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anook wrote:.... so I just picked the chocolate one :lol:
Damn it, stop making me hungry!! :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Anubis wrote:
Anook wrote:
yup, that's why avies are important, it gives the reader some thing to identify the writer with also, it's a clue to some one's personality.

ok so how do you see me

and for that instance Set she keeps changing her avi?
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

I would say that I see or picture everybody as there avatars so thats it.
"lolis"
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Fenrir wrote:and for that instance Set she keeps changing her avi?
Yeah. How do you see me?

I guess if their image of me doesn't change with my avatar they could always fall back on my name, which would result in something like this, or any variation thereof.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I don't see merely text discussion, nor do i quite see people sitting around chatting either.

When I read someone's post, I see them (or rather, the version of them I've invented in my head) typing or sitting at their computer.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I see it as what it is...something else.

I can't really think of anything else to compare it to, because there is nothing else like it.

I see people...having long-distance conversations...with replys that can come seconds or weeks apart...and yet continue as if the conversation never paused at all.

I see a scattered group of like minded people who have found a way to speak to each other as if they were all together in the same place...even though they are seperated not only by distance, but by time as well. (We are only occasionally here at the same time, reading each others messages as they are written. Usually we are elsewhere when the responses are given, and yet, though we were not here to hear it, we get the message loud and clear anyway.)

I see personalities marked and flaunted by colorful avatars, the same way we would with the clothes that we wear if we were standing together.

I see a type of community that can not be compared with any other, as such a group could not exist in any other way.

...but mostly, I don't see text and images...

I see 'People'.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Anubis wrote:
Anook wrote:

A much too large picture of a puppy, to be exactly. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmmm........not everyone fills out their profile information.

I can't tell if some of the members are male or female. Young or old. Tall or short. (You get the idea.)

I don't want to say "I see people" without knowing who I'm seeing in the 1st place.

Its hard to see the person behind their text and images.

(images....as in the avatar they are using. A wolf....werewolf...ETC.)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Well, some don't feel comfortable about giving out their info.

You know, birthdays, occupation, gender.

There are alot of crazy people out there.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

:superwolf:
Last edited by Anook on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Morkulv wrote:A much too large picture of a puppy, to be exactly. :P

Oh well :thpt2:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmmm........not everyone fills out their profile information.

I can't tell if some of the members are male or female. Young or old. Tall or short. (You get the idea.)

I don't want to say "I see people" without knowing who I'm seeing in the 1st place.

Its hard to see the person behind their text and images.

(images....as in the avatar they are using. A wolf....werewolf...ETC.)
"People" are not the bodies they inhabit. It is the other way around. "People" are the personalities within the mortal shell.

Size, Color, Gender, Age...these things are not what "People" are.

...they are just circumstances of thier existance, such as thier Location, State of Health, and Nation of Citizenship.

These things effect how they became who they are...but they do not define them.

"People" are the unique personalities that are created out of these circumstantial factors...not the factors themselves.

That is what I see here. I see personalities...I see PEOPLE.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: "People" are not the bodies they inhabit. It is the other way around. "People" are the personalities within the mortal shell.

Size, Color, Gender, Age...these things are not what "People" are.

...they are just circumstances of thier existance, such as thier Location, State of Health, and Nation of Citizenship.

These things effect how they became who they are...but they do not define them.

"People" are the unique personalities that are created out of these circumstantial factors...not the factors themselves.

That is what I see here. I see personalities...I see PEOPLE.

Not all personalities are what they seem.

You should know that some people escape from reality and have a different personality online.

Do you think I toss duckies for a living? Well? Do you? :ducktoss3:

Think about it. :wink:

:jester:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Not all personalities are what they seem.

You should know that some people escape from reality and have a different personality online.

Do you think I toss duckies for a living? Well? Do you? :ducktoss3:

Think about it. :wink:

:jester:
We all wear masks in life. We wear different masks for different people in different places. Some are more true than others.

There is less fear, and a much more relaxed attitude in a place like this.

I think many of the personalities I see around here may be more True to themselves than the ones they share off-line, in the "Real World".

...but not entirely...

We never bare our entire souls to the world all at once. Only the parts we want others to see.

...in some cases, a young, male, prankster Dragon may be a more true to self representation of a person than the old, overweight, female Human body they may inhabit in real life.

It's true that we do not show our WHOLE selves in the masks we bare here on these forums...but in those masks are glimmers of light from each of our own true souls...sometimes the same light we shine outside as well, and sometimes colors that we we only show here... but no more or less True.

You may not actually be a 9-Foot, duckie tossing Werewolf in the flesh...but that creature is somthing that came from you, out of your own imagination...and though it may be only one of your many masks, behind it shines the light of part of who you really are...

...which is not the flesh and bone male human that turns the wheel, and shifts the gears of the trucks you drive, or punches the keys on your PC...but the personality inside of it that choose to get behind the wheel of that truck, and use that computer to come here and share jokes about rubber duckies, and a love for Home Entertainment...

THAT is who you are...not all of that other stuff...

The fact that some may be lying about thier physical truths doesn't matter, because those things are not what they are...

...the attitudes and ideas that we share paints a better picture of who we all are on the INSIDE...where it Really counts.

=^.^'= ~
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: I think many of the personalities I see around here may be more True to themselves than the ones they share off-line, in the "Real World".

:D

I would tend to agree. This is part of the reason I love the internet, and forums. In real life, I have a reputation to keep up. Here, or on other forums, or on online games, I don't. I can be a version of me that, while it isn't necessarily the whole, real me, it is definitely a part of myself that always gets shoved to the back in real life...on the internet, I can finally let it out.