Body Condition Vs "THE BITE"

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

i personaly dont believe anything that those type of websites say. peanuts , oook.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote:
Lupin wrote:
WolvenOne wrote:Okay, to get back on topic, would becoming a werewolf have any affect on allergies?
If you have an allergy to dogs, you'd better hope so.
There was an amusing article in THE ONION last year about a werewolf with allergies...

NEW ORLEANS—The werewolf who died while attacking a young woman Sunday (16 MAY 2004) must have been allergic to peanuts, experts said. "The wolfman crashed through the intended victim's front window, but before the accursed beast could tear her apart in a savage fury, he stepped in a bowl of honey-roasted peanuts," said Dr. Alex Price, professor of lycanthropic studies at Tulane University. Price contends that the werewolf collapsed into an anaphylactic attack and died.
*woman stares at the dead werewolf then yells out.....*

"Saved by my nuts!!" :lol:
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Figarou wrote:*woman stares at the dead werewolf then yells out.....*

"Saved by my nuts!!" :lol:
Better her nuts than mine!
:hsup
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

What happens if a werewolf bites a snowman?

He gets Frostbite!! :roflmao:
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Figarou wrote:What happens if a werewolf bites a snowman?

He gets Frostbite!! :roflmao:
Okay, NOW you're just being silly! :jester2:

How did the country werewolf greet strangers?

"Fleas to meet you! :lol:

Hmmm... Maybe there's a reason there are no werwolf stand-up comics.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Hmmmmm, unless it slipped entirely by me, I have not seen mention of an alleged allergy which seems to permeate at least the modern mythology about werewolves.

Wolf'sbane

Now the question might be; How would this allergy manifest ?

Sneezing ?
Siezures ?
Runny Snout ?
Fever ?
Hives ?
Watery Eyes ?

and so forth ?
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

There's an entire thread about it here:

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=206

(Wolfsbane wouldn't be good for figuring out who is a werewolf and who isn't since it's also toxic to humans.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Lupin wrote:There's an entire thread about it here:

(Wolfsbane wouldn't be good for figuring out who is a werewolf and who isn't since it's also toxic to humans.)
Especially since humans have this nasty nasty tendency to break out in DEAD when they ingest wolfsbane.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

garouda wrote:Hmmmmm, unless it slipped entirely by me, I have not seen mention of an alleged allergy which seems to permeate at least the modern mythology about werewolves.

Wolf'sbane

Now the question might be; How would this allergy manifest ?

Sneezing ?
Siezures ?
Runny Snout ?
Fever ?
Hives ?
Watery Eyes ?

and so forth ?

Hmmmm.... :sneeze:
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Lupin wrote:There's an entire thread about it here:

Hmmmm, and I thought we were talking about allergies ....

Many substances, for sufficiently sensitive folks, can have moderate to severe effects WITHOUT ingestion.

So, let's speculate short of being Aconite Poisoners.

If you had the scent acuity of a wolf or perhaps even a bloodhound, and were acutely allergic to wolf'sbane, what might occur when you sense it ?

burning in your nasal passages
respiratory congestion
headache
disorientation etc ?

And if you recognize these symptoms, how as a werewolf would you respond, considering your sensitivity?
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Wolf'sbane Allergy

Post by RedEye »

Given the symptomology quoted as potential, the first vector would likely be Airborne Pollen, or the results of some Land clearing idiot...that would start with Nasal Congestion (the Were's body tries to protect itself by flushing these toxic substances out with mucus)...if that failed there'd be burning in the nasal passages from the poison interacting with mucosal linings. That would bring on Headache...bad headache, from swelling of the Sinuses as well as the beginning of systemic poisoning.

At this point, any Werewolf smart enough to Live and breed would do a 180 degree turn and decamp at maximum speed. If they're really smart, it would be cross-wind, to get out of the area of Poisoning faster.
Were's not in the above group...such as researchers and Reality-TV contestants...would experience Resparatory difficulty next (the Lungs are now trying to isolate the toxin the same way the Nasal Passages did...Mucus...welcome to dry-land-drowning! There would also be some disorentation, cognitive defecits, and eventually neural shutdown...Aconite, in any form, is Neurotoxic.
NOW...comes the Save!!! This would trigger a return to Human form as the Wolf is overwhelmed. THe Human would probably NOT be as sensitive to Wolf'sbane as the Were' was, and might be able to make an escape.
Good try at shifting next-time, unless you can convince the Wolf that it's safe to Manifest.
It would seem to me that the Wolf would smell the danger before anything like this would happen, and do the smart thing....go somewhere else(Wolves are Pragmatic about thing like that) where there is no scent of "Death in the Air, Death on the Wind"
*the reactions are from my old Chemical Warfare Survival manual from the Army, altered to fit the situation.
The First warning of anything "bad" is from the Nasal region...so if you suddenly start Clogging up and producing rivers of Mucus...get the H--- out of the area!
Come to think of it...even Aconite Smoke is toxic...to Humans, let alone Were's.

That's my two bites worth.... :wink: :)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

The sap of wolfsbane, along with the leaves, stem, flowers and roots, are toxic if injested or if applied to skin.
The pollen of wolfsbane is nontoxic, as bees and other insects readily visit the flowers for nectar, and have done so for hundreds of millenia with no adverse affects. Honey made from wolfsbane nectar can be eaten with no adverse affects, either, though, the herb's malignant reputation has lead some witches to use wolfsbane honey in curses and other black magic spells and rituals.
Wolfsbane produces toxic aerosols only if burnt, and can not broadcast its poisons without outside assistances, like, say, the way the sword-trees of Palau can drip corrosive, allergenic sap from its leaves.
In fact, wolfsbane can not even spread its pollen about without outside assistance, unlike say, olive trees or goldenrod, as its hooded flowers prevent wind-borne pollination.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

I read somewhere that Wolfsbane if rubbed on the skin stimulates the hair follicles and the person believes that the hair is growing at an exponential rate, This is why it is in some of the "devil's ointments" that witches were believed to use in the Middle ages
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Yes, we mentioned wolfsbane's psychotropic affects in the wolfsbane thread.
That, and the use of mixing fat with wolfsbane helps to prevent the user from overdosing and dying in agony.
Plus, it's not recommended to use wolfsbane on your skin, given as how it can cause nerve damage if used repeatedly.
-Calculon
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

OOps....

Post by RedEye »

We were discussing , I believe Allergic reactions. I have been downwind when Wolf'sbane was being burned, and experienced the first two reactions. There may have been other things there, but the principal growth was Yellow and Green Wolf'sbane (Aconitum).
And if MY shnozz was affected...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

It's not surprising to develop severe allergic reactions when burning any sort of highly toxic plants.
Think of the difficulty in clearing away castor bean bushes or wild oleander.
-Calculon