Werewolf immunity

The place for anything at all...
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Werewolf immunity

Post by Alpha »

I know that a person who is already a werewolf is pretty much immune to acquiring new diseases, but what if someone had a pre-existing condition prior to being bitten? For example: if the person had cancer, Aids or someother disease, would they be cured after they were bit? What if they were a parapalegic, or had suffered severe burns over their bodies? Would an amputee be able to regenerate limbs?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I think this has already been discussed, at least at some length elsewhere on the forum. As far as amputees and paraplegics go, or for any other diseases and conditions, I'd say that many of them would remain, though their effects would vary, based on what form the WW is currently in.

No change for an amputee or for a paraplegic.
Cancer would still be there, but it's condition may get slightly better or worsen (a tumor in say the appendix might not be a problem at all whereas cancer of hair folicles could be downright disastrous to be in wolf form for).

AIDS is ASAIK (as far as I know) a condition that doesn't affect canine immune systems. Thus, an AIDS patient may choose to stay in wolf form for the vast majority of their time to live longer and healthier, or to use the canine's immune system to fight new infections. Heck, if the canine immune system treated HIV as a threat, it might actually eradicate it.

In all, conditions would probably be discussed individually on their own merits. There isn't a one glove fits all paws thing here.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook