If you Could Become a Werewolf, Would you?

The place for anything at all...

Would you Become a Werewolf

Yes
56%
No
3%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
41%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
No votes

Total votes: 59

Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:But a werewolf's defenition states that when a man transfroms into a creature thats half man half wolf.
dictionary.com wrote:A person transformed into a wolf or capable of assuming the form of a wolf.

Nope.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Shadow Wulf wrote:And in the third Harry Potter movie, the only one that was called a werewolf really was the proffesor even though the other guy can turn into a wolf.
Harry Potter is a unique universe in which werewolfism is a curse. Those who can assume an animal form without being cursed, and by animal form I mean they actually look like the animal they change into instead of a hairless rat thing, are known as animagi and use spells to do it. They have no ill effects whatsoever from the transformation. Animagi aren't born that way, nor can they just be bitten and turn into an animal. They have to learn to shapeshift with a type of magic that can be very dangerous to those who don't know what they're doing.

Back to the question. I'd prefer something other than wolf, but provided it's not a curse and has a decent looking form I'd take it. If only to get away from these damn chatterboxes called "humans".
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

dictionary.com wrote:A person transformed into a wolf or capable of assuming the form of a wolf.
my dictionary doesnt say that. :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That's also what marriam webster days.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I just have an old spanish/english dictionary. But if all those dictionary says that, then I believe it. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Lupin wrote:
Aki wrote:Agreed. OF course, a gestalt would be a nice bonus. Adds some more lupine advantages with handy things (er, pun not intended) like thumbs and fingers. :P
Oh, of course it would. It would also give you the wonderful ability to scare the crap out of people, which just wouldn't have the same qualities as a wolf. Meanwhile, the wolf form would give you the ability to wander around unnoticed, especially if you spent $12 at Petsmart. I was just saying that I think the neatest thing would be the ability to turn into a wolf.
Yeah.

Thoughwandering unnoticed might be hard if the people around aren't, dumb enough to mistake a wolf for a dog. Of course, if you a mostly one-color coat rather than the normal timber-wolf coat it'd be easier to pass oneself off as a dog. :P

So one's chances of success might be higher in Europe or the north or south eastern US, where wolves have been gone for a long 'nuff time.

But that ability to scare people in gestalt is universal and fun. :D
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Scott Gardener wrote:I think around here, I've got a pretty good guess of the probability spread.
hehe :)
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:But a werewolf's defenition states that when a man transfroms into a creature thats half man half wolf.
That depends on what definition you are going by.

I'm more familiar with the definition that describes a werewolf as a man that becomes a wolf, or wolflike creature.

And you are right...not everything that changes into an animal is a "Were"-something...

I think it is the scenario of a werwolves existance, tied specifically to wolves, that makes a werewolf it's own creature, rather than just another shapeshifter. IMHO, when one takes away or changes all aspects of a werewolf exept for it's shapechanging ability, then I feel it ceases to be eligable for the category "Lycanthrope", and becomes a general shapeshifter instead...

...but that is getting off topic.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

geekboy1500 wrote:I ment how u would aquire it, but i like your interpreturtion better (still cant spell)
Hmmm...

If I was born with it, then I don't think I would really appreciate it.
(You can't really fully appreciate anything untill you have lived without it for a while)

...sci-fi laser beams and gene-altering injections just don't work for me either...

Either Bitten or somehow "Enchanted"/"Cursed" with Lycanthropy.

Nothing else would feel right. Anything else, and it wouldn't really be Lycanthropy.

(Though honestly...I'd rather be a different kind of Shapeshifter than a "True" Werewolf, by my own definitions.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Ofcourse.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I would so become a werewolf as long as i didn't go off killing at random
and could shift whenever I like. :thumbsup:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Like everyone else, it depends on what lycanthropy is really like. If werewolves aren't unsightly like they were in Harry Potter or Darkwolf, if it's possible to force/restrain a shift, and werewolves don't automatically revert into "savage beast" mode, I'd consider it. Otherwise, I could only assure them their secret is safe with me.
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

Yeah.

Being an ape sucks as it is.
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

I would.
I think I would.
But.....where I live no kind of wolfish creature would survive very long
(how long exactly did the first bear for 'bout 100 years that accidently set his paws across the border survive...I think it was ~1/2 day before it got the name " The Problem-Bear" in the press and it took ~2 weeks till it got shot down).

But as I would be able to resume my human form, I would simply emigrate.
Of course, my werewolfish being would have a Gestalt Form as well as a pure wolf form. Cool thick fur, no rat -tail. No real bloodlust, formchanging at will. Many very mystical insights 'bout erverything growing and living (some of the literally).
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
FireStorm
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Wolfs Vampire lover

Post by FireStorm »

Hmm maybe but to be honest I am happy as a Sang Vampire. My love/Mate is a Wolf therian though.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

And the Question WAS....

Post by RedEye »

SO...Geekboy 1500 wants to know our list of Preferences in Getting The Virus....
Here be mine:
1: Could it be mixed in Coffee?.....right, I'll be serious. :P

1: again: Do I have to type it? Unless She was Literelly-"a Dog"... Yiff!
2: Transfusion of 1/2 unit of Viral-loaded Blood (being used in Novel)
3: The Bite! and I get to pick where!
4: Vaccination; Scratches and Licks (with #1, sure!)
5-10: Various other ways (your minds are as twisted as mine...)

Good enough Answer? While the Virus may like to hang out under the gums, it's everywhere in the Were's body. The Bite may be Ritual, but # 1 would work nicely, and there's no nasty wounds and infections, and would be more likely to "Take" (you aren't biting me twice!).

Well? Nuff said? :shift:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

And you may decide, if releasing the virus onto someone when biting/scratching/licking him?
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

for me, depends. I dont wanna go around killing all my friends. Nor do I wanna look like a monkeyor a giant hairless man-rat. If being a werewolf was pretty the ability to transfom into a gestalt with yourmind intact, and all the health pluses, then yeah. I wouldn't mind the deadly silver part, even uncontrolable transformation.
native
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: alpha male

Post by native »

becoming something i already am...........
well of course ^..^
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

native wrote:becoming something i already am...........
well of course ^..^
*GROAN*

...not again... :roll:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Quite frankly, I dont mind if anyone here says the'yre a real physical shifter... My personal line is where they begin to attempt to build themselves up, and look down on other folks.. and be beligerant towards those that dont' believe they're telling the truth.. Quite frankly, any real physical shifting werewolf is going to know that folks won't believe them anyway. So why advertise.. it does nothing but cause commotion..

Fig, if anyone says they're a werewolf, let em. But if it gets out of hand, give em a friendly warning about making claims without proof and to respect others right to disbelieve.. if they don't listen.. pull the post.. if they then continue with new posts.. its ban time.

I hate being that way.. But to any real physicla shifters out there.. Just please know.. that if you wanna come out and reveal what you 'truly' are.. do it all the way.. Dont make claims about something that most have no proof even exists, and expect folks to just believe you because you said it.

Oh and by the way, I have the ability to levitate things with my mind..

:)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

ABrownrigg wrote:

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode I saw.

Mr. Burns- I too have special power I can move things with my mind, For intstance I shall make this vase rise with my mind. RISE VASE! Rise Vase! Smithars! *smithers lifts the vase*

Smithers- Mystafying sir
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

ABrownrigg wrote:Quite frankly, I dont mind if anyone here says the'yre a real physical shifter... My personal line is where they begin to attempt to build themselves up, and look down on other folks.. and be beligerant towards those that dont' believe they're telling the truth.. Quite frankly, any real physical shifting werewolf is going to know that folks won't believe them anyway. So why advertise.. it does nothing but cause commotion..

Fig, if anyone says they're a werewolf, let em. But if it gets out of hand, give em a friendly warning about making claims without proof and to respect others right to disbelieve.. if they don't listen.. pull the post.. if they then continue with new posts.. its ban time.

I hate being that way.. But to any real physicla shifters out there.. Just please know.. that if you wanna come out and reveal what you 'truly' are.. do it all the way.. Dont make claims about something that most have no proof even exists, and expect folks to just believe you because you said it.

I actually sent native a private message saying essentially the same thing. Followed by a freindly "Welcome".

It's really hard for me...but I guess I can stand a few people claiming the status of "Werewolf" now and then...

...but as Anthony said...ONLY so long as the proverbial "Line" is not crossed.

BTW...I can read minds and see into your SOUL...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
native
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: alpha male

Post by native »

point well taken,ill behave.you all have my word on it.
''we exsist, all you have to do is believe''