The place for anything at all...
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I get phantom ears occasionaly. I can feel them flicker

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

i could say my tail bone hurts when i sit in a certain way and say its a panthom limb but its proable just my a** hurting :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

I think that anyone can get phantom limb syndrome. For those of you who aren't a natural at this (like myself) one way of obtaining it is through energy work. I followed an energy body raising tutorial created by Robert Bruce called N.E.W. energy ways. It invoves manipulating your sense of touch in order to increase the power of and heal the energy body (the psychic part of yourself used for metaphysics and all the kinnesises).

After I had my fair share of manipulating my senses for my energy body, I thought I might give Phantom limbs a try. And for the first time I attempted this, I imagined that I had a pair of hands molding my ears like clay or putty and that a third hand was pulling out a tail. I have to say that it worked although its effects might have not been as powerfull as many who have phantom shifts claim to be. In order to keep the sensation, I had to not make any sudden movements. The sensation produced by that would tell me that such appendages usually don't exist and the phantom limbs would die.

For those interested in N.E.W. energy ways, here is the link...
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=143
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Fortunately I have no phantom limbs. I can imagine having itchy ears or something like that which I couldn't scratch... it would be horrible.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

LoyalReaperDragon wrote:i could say my tail bone hurts when i sit in a certain way and say its a panthom limb but its proable just my a** hurting :P
:lol: Ive had that feeling. Much cooler to just say your tail is bugging you.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Lunatic_36
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lunatic_36 »

My friend put a hat on my head at the same time I had phantom ears once. WEIRDEST FEELING IN THE WORLD. :cowboywolf:
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, i've felt some phantom body parts. i've had claws, fangs, high-set ears, a tail (sometimes sitting can be difficult) and dew claws on the bottoms of my feet. those are really weird. it is so uncomfortable not walking digitigrade when you're feeling thos things.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Personally, I enjoy the phatom limbs (It's a predecessor to the eventual, actual limbs. :D ). I have also done psychic work, and it's helpful on cold days to have phantom fur. I have ben able to keep warm in subzero temperature with only minimum clothing with this kind of phantomism.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Set wrote:Anyone ever done this before?

http://therithere.comicgenesis.com/d/20050905.html
short but good, a little more insight in what and why they feel this idea or belief :)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

None here except in dreams, in which i have full working control over them, usually wings. Several times i've gone "flying under my own power" with wings in dreams. Quite fun, though it's tiring.
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

Set wrote:Anyone ever done this before?

http://therithere.comicgenesis.com/d/20050905.html
Occasionally, but the people I would work with have multiplanar vision, so they can see where I'm pointing.
Though apparently, it really scary when I'm pissed. :evil:

Edit: BTW, has anyone had glove tips explode when they try to extend phantom claws? They were nice gloves, too. :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

http://therithere.comicgenesis.com/d/20050919.html :lol:

I've never had that happen, but I have had phantoms hit stuff before. Ow...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I've had the feeling that my canines are longer than they usually are. And my canines aren't average either, they are naturally long and pointy. *toothy grin*
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I think I posted here. Usually a monkey-like or wolf tail, ears when interested or scared, clawed hands with the pads, I can feel that when walking generally, sometimes full body feelings, (when just walking around, not exactly a mental shift with it), digitigrade and clawed feet, fur, a snout, teeth, etc.

Depends I guess. I met a ferret today, my ears perked! :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I once felt claws and my ears shift. I think my friend even said my ears appeared a little more pointed. But I'd have to say on the most part no. never really had phantom limbs.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Oh I forgot to add. Claws and paws, but only on my hands. I feel like I can flex them. It's such a cool empowering feeling. :D
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

At one point, I had designed a chair that would be catered to Anthros who have either or both wings and a tail. I haven't been able to make it, but I know that it would finally help end my back pain and tail and wing kinks. Now if only I could get it into production... :D
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

BlackWolfDS wrote:I've had the feeling that my canines are longer than they usually are. And my canines aren't average either, they are naturally long and pointy. *toothy grin*
i know what you mean, bw. my teeth are naturally long and sharp, too. and yeah, i've felt them grow. it's pretty crazy.

but yeah. i've been told that i am prolly a werewolf by many people since i was a little kid, because i have immense teeth (especially canines), said teeth are really sharp, and i have always had a really hairy back. sure, the people who told me were'nt experts or anything, but for a furry, it's jus bout always good to hear that you could easily be a werewolf.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

no phantom limbs for me..(yet, even tho im proable just plain human)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

well, I pretty-well view phantom limbs as being something that you want so much that you start to feel it, even if you do not know that you want it.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i always feel that i have a phantom tail...... :D

sometimes look in the mirror expecting to see one.. :D ...but i dont. :( ...which sucks.. :P
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

but yeah, another thing to do with phantom limbs could be from your astral form, its usally I topic I stay off of here because I feel no-one will believe me, but people often feel things they atain from the astral realm, most of the things I feel is pain from wounds.
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

The only incedent I can recall is with a phantom tail which stayed for a fair while. Trouble was I'd do something to take my mind off it and then think 'has it gone?' and guess what .... It would come back.

Shame, now I want it.... Nothing. :(