A flipped idea.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fastenjaw
Pack Member
Pack Member

A flipped idea.

Post by Fastenjaw »

I'm odd :wink:

Well here is my strange idea below. Just popped into my head. It sounds stupid at first but I wonder what the possibility of it working as silver is usually only presented one way.

Silver has usually been presented as the weakness of a were. They can't regenerate due to contact with the stuff and tends to be a poison. Well what if a werewolf was dependent on it instead? As in they need the stuff to regenerate and even to achieve full potential? If they get exposed to too much of it then it could cause complications and even death. So a silver jammed in the gut isnt gonna kill them, its getting too much of the stuff that would be damaging instead. I know this would result in the arguement that they would be unstoppable for sure due to the super strengthed fast regen were versions. But removing it from them instead is what can be the end of them. Also regen use can use up silver stores. Taking too much silver at a time could also spell disaster if they are not careful. Yes I know that was an odd take on the idea. But it would be a rather interesting concept if it could be made to work.
Killa Tofu!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

You're making it sound like a drug addiction. :P
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

Figarou wrote:You're making it sound like a drug addiction. :P
Exactly what I was thinking.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well...the human body requires water to survive. But drinking too much water can cause your cells to explode and you'll die.

I think it's at least an interesting idea. It's a fresh take on an old concept, and done properly, it could come out fairly interesting.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:Well...the human body requires water to survive. But drinking too much water can cause your cells to explode and you'll die.

Huh? I drank lots of water when I was young. LOTS and LOTS of water!! I didn't die.

It made me go the the bathroom really bad!! It came out clear instead of yellow.
Edit.

Oh wait. Nevermind. It depends on the body condition.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/arc ... 02417.html
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Figarou wrote:
Renorei wrote:Well...the human body requires water to survive. But drinking too much water can cause your cells to explode and you'll die.

Huh? I drank lots of water when I was young. LOTS and LOTS of water!! I didn't die.
You actually need to drink more than 108 glasses of water in less than 24 hours to drown your cells and expire. You'll need double that amount if you're in an area of immense heat like the sahara, i think.
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

I think that exact word is something like turgor.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

kitetsu wrote:
Figarou wrote:

You actually need to drink more than 108 glasses of water in less than 24 hours to drown your cells and expire. You'll need double that amount if you're in an area of immense heat like the sahara, i think.

Thats a lot of water. :o