The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Advertisments...

Post by MoonKit »

Anybody else notice that advertisments are evreywhere now? On the back of bills, on cars (hoods and wheels), playing on a tv at the mall. Its crazy. You cant look anywhere without seeing advertisments anymore. Soon theyre gonna have advertisments that pop up from street lights everytime its red! :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i wouldn't pay for a logo on a red light. Nobody likes to see a red light. A green light on the other hand...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Nah. It's going to go the way of Retinal recognition like in the movie Minority Report
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

Try going to Japan. Its hard to look anywhere withount seeing an ad. The trains are stuffed with them.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Timber-WoIf wrote:i wouldn't pay for a logo on a red light. Nobody likes to see a red light. A green light on the other hand...
A green light people only look at for a few seconds. A red light, on the other hand, tends to last about the average commercial length.

As for advertisements being everywhere, well. . . To be honest, it doesn't bother me. Just as long as they don't delve into any more pop-up-esque methods of advertisements, it doesn't bother me.

What really bothers me are the clothing companies like Abercrombie that charge extra for clothing with huge corporate logos across the chest. People should be getting payed to wear that crap, not paying extra.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

You should be glad there just signs and what not. Just wait until they hire people to follow around town telling you how great a product is. :p
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

That already happens in some places. :)

At present, you typically get about 5000 invasions of ads per day. My signature probably among them.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Jarden's Sig as well
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Baphnedia wrote:That already happens in some places. :)

At present, you typically get about 5000 invasions of ads per day. My signature probably among them.
True, but you aren't trying to make us buy anything.

Regarding ads I sometimes get annoyed when I see a really pathetic ad on TV or somewhere and just think 'what the hell was was the idiot making this ad doing?'

Also regarding brand names - I think the prices are ridiculous especially when you become a walking advertisement for them.
Eat more tobasco.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Ads irritate me. I was watching Smallville tonight and ads actually dared to come up during the show. Sickens me. If anything makes me really mad it's ads :x haha! Youd be suprised how angry I can actually get, and ads tend to be a big cause, especially in my inbox, Hotmail is failing me in junk protection.

Ooooh and Myspace or whatever ads. Those talking emoticons! Someone had an idea for noise ones on here, which was a cool idea if you click them by will, but those Myspace ones...oooooooooooooh!!

I need one of Fig's angry dragons to convey that rage!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-