Werewolf kids and childish antics rarely/never seen.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fastenjaw
Pack Member
Pack Member

Werewolf kids and childish antics rarely/never seen.

Post by Fastenjaw »

I surfed the forums and failed to find a specific topic. So someone who knows of a topic that is about this may wish to inform me about it.

This topic is about werewolf kids and werewolf play in movies. I have always seen adult and teen werewolves. However I have never seen kid werewolves in movies. As in tweens and below. My question is why do you all feel that they are nonexistent?

I have never have seen them in any werewolf films. For me, I think the focus of these films is often a message of sexuality and puberty changes when entering adulthood. The abscence of children weres may be intentional due to that it may imply inappropriate things. One thing that the inclusion of werewolf kids may unintentionally suggest is that the children are experiencing puberty at too young of an age. On the other hand it may suggest a non agressive social family that is just like a normal family. This could be something that viewers might not like as it would take the supernatural and mystical animal and turn it into a regular (and not so special) everyday creature just trying to coexist. Though I would find it interesting and different to see them in a more natural light. Adding them could also suggest that they are born werewolves and are not based on the bitten method so often used. Another alternative effect is that it may imply that werewolves can only be born off of other werewolves. Something that breaks from the traditional mold. It also breaks away from the disease and curse concepts as they are of natural origin. The inclusion of them would be a cute statement that would not work well in a horror. Though they could be portrayed as monster demon spawns. I would rather they be more normal and more like real kid wolf mixes as opposed to vile creations. Big horror makers wouldnt care though and would use them in that manner to the max. But there is one thing that stands out as a HUGE ground of potential. The potential for them to be used as show stealers. Just like Puss in Boots from Shrek 2 who stole the lime light, werewolf kids could be major show stoppers with their looks, antics and comic relief. This is assuming they are done well and have a good script backing them up. Time will tell if this concept ever enters the big screen.

Now about the idea of werewolves engaged in play? I dont know if anyone would ever try that in a film. It would be nice to see the softer side as stated in another post. But softer as in just having fun and not male female werewolf mating/ intimate socializing. That is something that would only work if done well anyways. A male were nuzzling a female were is enough to suggest they are mates.

Fastenjaw

As a side note: I would want to see werewolves playing other pack mates as you might expect to see in a social family group. I would also assume were kids would be quite the silly wild party animals. Note that a werewolf as a family social being would pull from the horror and serious elements of the film. That may be why nobody will probably ever include that in a live action were flick as it would no longer be a horror. Something that most werewolf flicks strive to be.
Killa Tofu!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

*cough*

You do have a point though. If it's about werewolf stories most of them are only about male gay orgies and human characters getting killed by werewolves or becoming instantly evil when they finish getting "infected". And yet nobody who isn't from japan's stepped in and paint werewolves in a more casual manner.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Werewolf kids and childish antics rarely/never seen.

Post by Figarou »

Fastenjaw wrote:I surfed the forums and failed to find a specific topic. So someone who knows of a topic that is about this may wish to inform me about it.

This topic is about werewolf kids and werewolf play in movies. I have always seen adult and teen werewolves. However I have never seen kid werewolves in movies. As in tweens and below. My question is why do you all feel that they are nonexistent?

You won't find kid werewolves or werewolves at play if its a horror film.

Why?

You don't want to attract the youngsters to an "R" rated film. And its hard to find "werewolves at play" if only one werewolf is in the film. Unless the werewolf thinks killing everyone is some type of game.

If it was a "G" rated werewolf film, sure its possible.

But until then, the only place you'll find a "Tween wolf" is here.
http://www.figarou.com/videos/Irwin.mov
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

LOL! I loved that episode!
He was so cute later in the show as a full quadrupedal wolf!
Dog show!
:lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:LOL! I loved that episode!
Dog show!

Yup!!

And guess who did the transformation sequence!!

:howl:  :oo Matt Sullivan!! :howl:  :oo

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

AAAAH!
How did I miss that!?
:shift:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I'm all for young weres. I see absolutely no reason for them not to exist or be used in movies.

I always thought the "weres can't shift until puberty" thing was bull, anyway.

:family:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I don't necessarily think that having kid werewolves suddenly means that werewolves have to be 'natural'. They could still be magical in origin.

And I don't think child werewolves should be totally written off for horror. Lots of horror movies nowadays are using small children to scare, I think a child sized werewolf could be pretty scary if it's done right.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Lady Renorei; Human children are quite scary enough on their own! Especially when their parents are "Letting them just develop Naturally"

I point out that in Nature, most offspring are destined to be something else's dinner.

They call security...(sigh) :(

I anything, Werewolf children would be better behaved than the average:
there's the "No show and tell" discipline, and Wolves..are quite involved and caring parents. Very likely their Human Cousins would be the same.
One would venture to bet that Were' children would be rather better mannered than their Smoothskin playmates...they'd have to be! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Figarou wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:LOL! I loved that episode!
Dog show!

Yup!!

And guess who did the transformation sequence!!

:howl:  :oo Matt Sullivan!! :howl:  :oo
Who is Matt Sullivan?
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

ChaosWolf, Matt Sullivan is on the Pack Boards, he's been pitching his werewolf animated Film "Camp Lycansthrope"
Here's one of the threads about his story: http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=2940
I didnt know he did the storyboards for "Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" I love that show! Watch it all the time ^_^

I havent seen too much on children werewolfs outside of Fred Perry's "Gold Digger" comics.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:But until then, the only place you'll find a "Tween wolf" is here.
What about Fangpuss?

As for baby werewolves, well. . . We did discuss wether or not we thought baby werewolves would be possible, and we came to two conclusions:

1) Shifting is a painful, sometimes even fatal process, so the chances of an infant werewolf surviving would be slim at best.

2) We didn't want Freeborn to go overboard with the cutsey content.

So the compromise we ended up coming to was to suggest that lycanthropy remains dormant durring pregnancy and childhood and gradually matures back into full lycanthropy around the teen years. That's not to say that there couldn't be child werewolves -- it's just easier than trying to explain how they survived infancy if a shift could kill a healthy adult, and also trying to justify kawaii content in a horror-drama.

As for how they would play, well. . . I imagine roughousing and pretend would would be the two major passtimes. They already are with normal human children after all. In all seriousness though, I don't think a lot of werewolf pups would play pretend wolves. I've seen normal kids moving about on all fours and barking and such, but I think half the point is to pretend to be something you are not.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Figarou wrote:But until then, the only place you'll find a "Tween wolf" is here.
What about Fangpuss?

Thats a baby werewolf. Not a "Tween wolf." (Preteen)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Terastas wrote:
What about Fangpuss?

As for baby werewolves, well. . . We did discuss wether or not we thought baby werewolves would be possible, and we came to two conclusions:

1) Shifting is a painful, sometimes even fatal process, so the chances of an infant werewolf surviving would be slim at best.

2) We didn't want Freeborn to go overboard with the cutsey content.

So the compromise we ended up coming to was to suggest that lycanthropy remains dormant durring pregnancy and childhood and gradually matures back into full lycanthropy around the teen years. That's not to say that there couldn't be child werewolves -- it's just easier than trying to explain how they survived infancy if a shift could kill a healthy adult, and also trying to justify kawaii content in a horror-drama.

As for how they would play, well. . . I imagine roughousing and pretend would would be the two major passtimes. They already are with normal human children after all. In all seriousness though, I don't think a lot of werewolf pups would play pretend wolves. I've seen normal kids moving about on all fours and barking and such, but I think half the point is to pretend to be something you are not.

Er...I don't believe that's actually a general consensus opinion. A good many of us feel that a child werewolf would be totally plausible.

But yeah, pretty much everybody does agree on number 2.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's right y'all. These are the two kid werewolves from Camp Lycanthrope. They get quite a bit of action in the film. They even kick the main character's a** ( a fully grown newbie werewolf )

ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

AWWW So CUTE!
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

What about the child monstrosity in Ginger Snaps BACK (the beginning)? Although i think he was infected rather than hereditory.

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

That tail of the dark brown one is sure fluffy. :D
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I like big tails :}
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

funny wolfs :lol:
"lolis"
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

why are the brown one's cloths ripped and the little one's not?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

MattSullivan wrote:That's right y'all. These are the two kid werewolves from Camp Lycanthrope. They get quite a bit of action in the film. They even kick the main character's a** ( a fully grown newbie werewolf )

OMG I love it!! It soo cute! :D :o

Your a great artist Matt! 8)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:why are the brown one's cloths ripped and the little one's not?

The "brown one" is a newbie werewolf. Meaning....his clothes ripped when he TFed for the 1st time.

Shadow Wulf wrote: OMG I love it!! It soo cute! :D :o

Your a great artist Matt! 8)

Yup...his art is REALLY something. I'm so glad he was able to draw my character. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Mischevious little things, arent they? :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i cant get over how cool and cute that is :D