What's your hobby or job or what do you do for a living?

The place for anything at all...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I need an avatar as well.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fang wrote:I need an avatar as well.
I made a few Wolf ones, and I'll try to add some more soon.

If you have a request for something special, post the request in the new AVATAR thread I just created.

-->Click Here<--
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

O.K ITS JUST NOT SINKING IN...........ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME..........
I FEEL LIKE A RETARD.... ?? ??
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

O.K BELAY THAT LAST...........I JUST GOT IT TO WORK......THATS COOL :D
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

My hobby is to draw my comic online lol :P - hell yeah, time to do some pimping around here :lol: (Click on My signature).

Reviews are all welcome ^_^ \ /
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

I can help you with all the things you may need for your favorite furry friend. any questions about dog trainsing just ask. probuct informations im your gal

god i need new job
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

me in a nut shell

Post by wolfsangel »

job: i'll be graduating this year and starting to work on a bs in genetics( main project will be gene manipulation) :D
hobby: well trying to figure out how to grow fur is a hobby right :?
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Well my situation has certainly changed :lol: ...

Job: Currently unemployed thanks to some scheming beeps at my old work. Looking for a lower level starting position in a Journalistic or Writing Capacity that actually presents me with a career instead of a temp job :D

Hobbies: Going to the Blue Mountains (Extremely cool place here in Oz, if you've ever heard of/seen the Three Sister's you know about it :) ), Writing (Running story on both Deviantart, Myspace, and now here as well :) ) Drawing, Inking previously mentioned drawings, Music, Writing Music, Writing Lyrics to said Music, Playing said Music, Miniature Wargaming (Confrontation and Warhammer mainly)

Aspirations: Publish Novel of previously mentioned story, Travel Europe with group of close friends, Open Youth Centre (orientated around Rock Music and the Straight Edge philosophy of living) and finally settling down and starting a family :D

And i'm only 18 so PLENTY OF TIME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I hope you find a good job soon FB.

Hmmm, I've never seen this thread. Is anyone here actually curious about my job? ??
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Currently full time student (16 credit hours) and part timer at Trader Joe's. Also martial artist, w/ black belt in yunmudo tae kwon do. Currently studying Shorin-ryu orthodox under Tim Vandenover. Great guy, has trained with the best, and is a big Star Wars nut/Trekkie (would never have expected that of him).
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I...am a former 2D ( drawing ) animation artist who screamed and whined and resisted the fact that computers were taking over animation. I spent most of last year learning computer animation and now that I'm finished learning it, I have decided never to touch it again. Yay!

I am getting back into the business of being SERIOUS about my art for a change. I haven't been trying very hard for the last 4 years because well, i was really depressed and angry about CG. I thought it basically killed my career, but the truth is, I LET IT. I became scared of computer animation, so much so, I stopped drawing.

So now...all my CG files are trashed. My copy of Maya is uninstalled from my computer, and my stack of dust-covered colored pencils ( all 3000 of them ) are now being dusted off. Sketchbooks are being opened again.

DAMN THE COMPUTER! ( Except when I can connect to this board ) AND DAMN ALL TECH-NERDS EVERYWHERE! ( i'm sure you're nice people but damn you :} )
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:
So now...all my CG files are trashed. My copy of Maya is uninstalled from my computer, and my stack of dust-covered colored pencils ( all 3000 of them ) are now being dusted off. Sketchbooks are being opened again.

Cool!!

I bet some pack members can get a commission from you. :wink:
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

MattSullivan wrote:I...am a former 2D ( drawing ) animation artist who screamed and whined and resisted the fact that computers were taking over animation. I spent most of last year learning computer animation and now that I'm finished learning it, I have decided never to touch it again. Yay!

I am getting back into the business of being SERIOUS about my art for a change. I haven't been trying very hard for the last 4 years because well, i was really depressed and angry about CG. I thought it basically killed my career, but the truth is, I LET IT. I became scared of computer animation, so much so, I stopped drawing.

DAMN THE COMPUTER! ( Except when I can connect to this board ) AND DAMN ALL TECH-NERDS EVERYWHERE! ( i'm sure you're nice people but damn you :} )
Hey, Matt...

http://sactolounge.com/Bill%20Conti%20- ... Theme).mp3

Heheh...I couldn't resist...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

LOL! That made me nearly fall out of my chair. I think you're reading it wrong tho :P

*dun dun dun do dooooo I'm the bestttt. arewwwwnnnnd!*
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

MattSullivan wrote:I...am a former 2D ( drawing ) animation artist who screamed and whined and resisted the fact that computers were taking over animation. I spent most of last year learning computer animation and now that I'm finished learning it, I have decided never to touch it again. Yay!

To tell you the truth, I miss 2D animation. I mean some of todays 3D movie are great but I miss those 2D movies by Disney, Bluth, and all those other animators; those were the movies I grew up with. It's a shame that there are a few 2D movies made these days.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

KittyRose wrote:

To tell you the truth, I miss 2D animation. I mean some of todays 3D movie are great but I miss those 2D movies by Disney, Bluth, and all those other animators; those were the movies I grew up with. It's a shame that there are a few 2D movies made these days.
yeah I totaly agree, half of the CG movies that are out now could have easily be 2D and I would prefer that way too. I miss 2d animation, I actually like it better than 3D unrealistic looking movies.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

It's funny. Now studios are even banking on the failure of American animation in previews for japanese animated ( drawn ) films, like in this preview for the upcoming PAPRIKA.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/trailer/

It's actually very depressing. Cartoon Brew put it best when they described american animation as moribund.

The dictionary definition of moribund is

1. in a dying state; near death.
2. on the verge of extinction or termination.
3. not progressing or advancing; stagnant

It's not like we American animators haven't been TRYING to get more adult films made. We just aren't the ones with the money. We have to rely on pitching to executives who hold our careers in their hands.
Last edited by MattSullivan on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Japanimation is just easily taking over the animation business. Thats why I dont have that much respect for anime as much as I use to.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I work as a Customer Service Representative at the JC Pennys cataloge call center. For customers I take orders, solve problems, file complaints, fill out forms, and hang up on prank calls.
:D

On the side, I'm a freelance computer animator. I have already done several logos for local buisnesses, and assisted in compositing a few commercial ads. I'm not too well known right now, so jobs in this area are few and spread apart.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

There's truly nothing wrong with anime. I'm just sick of it being the ONLY 2D animation on tv these days, and the one animation every young kid asks me about when i say I'm an animator.

"OH! Have you seen NARUTO???" *shudder*

( i don't count things like fosters or the majority of shows on cartoon network. Those are still aimed primarily at kids, while the "adult" shows are really nothing more than extended drug trips ( aqua teen, etc ) that go nowhere, make no sense, and look like they were drawn by a 4 year old. And I'm sorry. When i saw the ATHF episode all about ripping of people's D***, I almost threw myself in front of a train. I mean why even bother learning to draw well when that kind of crap pollutes the airwaves?
Last edited by MattSullivan on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I liek anime, Ive always thought that they are way better than our current cartoons. its just that I hate that we cant do anything better, or rather we are not allowed it seems like.
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Well, maybe you could harass the studios with fan mail telling them to option Camp Lycanthrope LOL :lol: It worked when they were gonna cancel Quantum Leap :o

I can just imagine a typical phone call from a PACK member to a studio head now...

"Say Mr. or Mrs. film studio executive, have you ever heard of this kewl film by this guy, it's about werewolves. And it-Hello? Hello? Dude! They hung up on me!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

MattSullivan wrote:Well, maybe you could harass the studios with fan mail telling them to option Camp Lycanthrope LOL :lol: It worked when they were gonna cancel Quantum Leap :o

I can just imagine a typical phone call from a PACK member to a studio head now...

"Say Mr. or Mrs. film studio executive, have you ever heard of this kewl film by this guy, it's about werewolves. And it-Hello? Hello? Dude! They hung up on me!
Theres always emails. you think that would work?

What if all of us and some people from other forums(like werewolfcafe)were to write emails to a producer to make camp lycanthrope in 2d ofcourse. :D
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I wouldn't care if it were 2d or 3d. as long as it got made. Thing is, a producer would probably insist that it be 3d these days.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Damn 3D!

Well anyway what do you think about everyone sending emails to a producer?
Image Image