DOOM

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

DOOM

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm... Another version of Aliens.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

But I'm still going to watch it. :D
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Do you smell what The Rock is cookin'! I love Doom 3! I'm going to see this movie! :cafinated:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Still confused on why hell is on mars but i loved the game :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Fenrir wrote:Still confused on why hell is on mars but i loved the game :)
They had to take the hell away from the game because there is some people who might get "offended". :roll:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Doom on the big screen? How would that look? Just watching a gun that shoots 2346 zombies? :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

man i'm going to see that movie the video game scared the s*** out of me!! man i wonder how this movie will stack up?
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And yet they still havent made castle wolfenstien the movie, or half life (Half life 2 beat doom 3) Lousy hollywood!! Oh well Ill still see it, and Im buying doom 3 for PC not weak little xbox version which has stuff cut out. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Doom, Doom, and More Doom

Post by Scott Gardener »

It has no pretenses about being original or ground-breaking--just pure, unadulterated shoot-out stuff. It would be a guilty pleasure thing, but sure, I'm kind of interested. Hard to keep from smiling watching the trailer, however, seeing so much of the same old stuff--pointing out how much blockbuster action films these days already resemble video games.

On the other hand, for about three times the cost of movie tickets, you could play the game and live it yourself. However, you'd have to slug out twelve times more than that for a graphics card that can handle it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Spirit of the Wolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Spirit of the Wolf »

*sits in corner waiting for Half Life: The Movie*
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Spirit of the Wolf wrote:*sits in corner waiting for Half Life: The Movie*
*sits in the other corner* Wake me when they get to Syphon Filter. *snores*
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Terastas wrote:
Spirit of the Wolf wrote:*sits in corner waiting for Half Life: The Movie*
*sits in the other corner* Wake me when they get to Syphon Filter. *snores*
ahhh syphon filter rocks, but sadly all I have is part 1 and 2(2 is my favroite) I dont have 3 or omega strain. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:And yet they still havent made castle wolfenstien the movie, or half life (Half life 2 beat doom 3) Lousy hollywood!! Oh well Ill still see it, and Im buying doom 3 for PC not weak little xbox version which has stuff cut out. :D
*coughs* Max Payne *coughs*
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

*coughs*loser*coughs*
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:) Omg did you just call max payne a loser :lol:

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

no you must be confusing max payne with you. max payne atleast can smile unlike your avatar. :lol:
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Frowning gives his lips more excersize :P

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:Frowning gives his lips more excersize :P
he dont have lips :roll:
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

At least his non exsistent lips are clean, i don't know how this fits in to anything but somehow it does :lol:

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

what you talking about, my avatar 100% sanatized pure ingorged blood. :lol: atleast mines dont have to wear a mask, yours not doing any good, you should get a paper bag and poke holes for him. :D
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

*rolls eyes* ok, look, for those of you who have never even heard of Doom and Doom II, probably have never played it, it goes like this. First of all, doom came before aliens- doom was around WAY before aliens. Doom was around when pixels were the size of mnm's. The pixels in Doom (without the opengl graphics add-on that is recent) are seriously, this size: . doom was actually fairly original for it’s time- it sure was an improvement over wolfenstein and wolfenstein: spear of destiny. It wasn't the best, but it’s so fun that I’ve been playing it as long as I can remember having a computer. Now, for the storyline:

[spoiler]you're a marine on mars, in one of the space facilities there. The demons invade and you have to fight your way out through hell. You finally smash all the demons, then reach a spaceship- but you see the ultimate horror: the earth is already overrun. Humanity is left in a little area, trying to escape. The demons have surrounded the spaceport and you have to get them free. You find the switch, let them free, then have to go back into hell and close the little portal the demons were coming through from the other side. Then you get a donut.[/spoiler]

As far as I can tell, aliens have essentially the same function as the Zerg from starcraft do: KILL. And essentially the same storyline, too. Doom isn't an aliens rip-off- it's probably either the other way, or independant. but the this that makes doom unique: is it's genuinely demons, genuinely from hell. As in fiery pit, minotaurs, flesh-eating zombies of all your former companions, etc.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

ok now I know doom has not been around since 1981 or 82 the first doom came out in 1993 to be exact, after aliens the movie.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: DOOM

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmm... Another version of Aliens.
dude have you played the game its has nothing to do with alien try demons and zombies.
THE GAME

My Armory
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I think by the Aliens comparison, Fig meant it is movie about guys with big guns being attacked by weird creatures in a oppresingly claustrophobic setting, which is pretty much what Aliens was about... And Aliens was released in 1986, 7 years before Doom :wink: .
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Doruk Golcu wrote:I think by the Aliens comparison, Fig meant it is movie about guys with big guns being attacked by weird creatures in a oppresingly claustrophobic setting, which is pretty much what Aliens was about... And Aliens was released in 1986, 7 years before Doom :wink: .

Yup, thats what I was comparing it to. :wink:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

*is several weks late in reading the last few posts* hehe.... well ,as far as i knew it came out before, but it's defiently not a ripoff... but aliens was out that erly? really? hmmm... I'm not too sure about when movies come out. but it's not a ripoff. as previously stated, doom involves hell, and an ivasion of earth itself. in any case, there's no 'aliens reamke' involved... :ziplip: