Total votes: 10

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Favorite type of car

Post by Miguel »

If I got a car I would get a black sedan with tinted windows. Who gives if it illegal. I don't care. I would make it look Italian Mafia style. Next I would want to get a Jaguar. They are pretty nice cars. The only problem is PPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :cry: :). It is pretty tough to decide if you will do stuff to your car illegally but if it looks good......I don't know UGGGGGGH.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

the new GTO, always has been my fave too
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Very nice. *Nods* :wink: :)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well... My only experience with illegal car mods are what my step-brother did to his truck: he put stack pipes on it.

Now... I live in a quiet neighborhood, he lives in a quiet neighborhood, and my father and his mother live together in a really quiet neighborhood. And for those of you who don't know, stack pipes are what you install on your vehicle when you want loud roaring flames to come out of it.

Needless to say, he's out of place everywhere he goes.

So now having experienced the utter stupidity of car mods, I doubt I'll ever be getting any of my own (I'd need to own a car for that anyway).
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

On looking illegal:
Is "look illegal" a slang term for something? Or, are you specifically talking about making the car look as if it's not up to legal road specifications without actually being illegal? Or, are you talking more about making it look as if the driver were a profile stereotype of a law-breaking group, such as gangsters? Difficult to answer, when one does not understand the question.

On the utter stupidity of car mods:
I can't make this same statement myself, since the car I usually drive from day to day is a light blue Toyota Celica with an oversized rear wing and aero skirting. But, I do think car mod extensions should look like they belong there, rather than hastily tacked on. I have seen a few really cool cars out there, and a heck of a lot more crappy ones, especially small sporty import coupes in the same genre as my celica. The Mitsubishi Eclipse in particular seems targeted for bad aftermarket clutter, but the domestic Mustang (well, domestic if you drive on the left side of your car and the right side of the road, anyway) seems almost as cursed.

My wife's principle vehicle, doubling as my second--usually when we're travelling together--is a Chevy Avalanche. Not known for their good looks to begin with, we did add a chrome step rail, which with some of its other accents does help make it look pretty good, at least as far as big trucks go. One of the rear view mirrors has a chrome accent--I accidently bashed the original backing out of the garage. Sometime soon I'll need to have the other mirror replaced, so it looks even.

Most pickup truck mods are even worse than car mods. Trying to make a huge brick aerodynamic with a rear wing and ground effects is pretty oxymoronic. Lowering the truck to the ground kind of defeats the point of being a truck. I can understand raising the suspension to a point, but not everyone needs to drive the monster truck Bigfoot in their daily commute in and out of suburbia. And, without even getting into the ecology of the situation, just how big do you want your truck to be, when gas prices are going through the roof? Do you really need a front grille protector and off-road hardware if you're not actually going off-road?

One final thing: Hood covers. Why do people put them on the front of their cars? I know, to keep the bugs off, and to keep it clean. To make sure the car continues to look nice. But... The effect is lost, if you're driving around town with the thing still on. If your car looks like an Autobot bank robber, it doesn't look cool, it looks dorky.

I know, not my usual "resolving the paradox of infinite space and an expanding universe." But, car bras look dorky!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Making a car look illegal definition=No it is not a slang term,if you have ever been to little Mexico or Italy or Havanna you will realize the things the mobs do to their cars.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The problem with making your car look like a mobster's is having real mobsters shooting at you. At the very least, they might tail you, seeing as you're a new kid in town, and get a bit put out for leading them on a wild goose chase.

And, don't mistake them for Freeborn werewolves!

"The way I sees it now, you have two choices..."

"Bite me!"

"OK, schmarty pants..." (draws out Tommy gun and fires...)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

No,if i'm Italian,i go through little Italy in NY.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:The problem with making your car look like a mobster's is having real mobsters shooting at you. At the very least, they might tail you, seeing as you're a new kid in town, and get a bit put out for leading them on a wild goose chase.

And, don't mistake them for Freeborn werewolves!

"The way I sees it now, you have two choices..."

"Bite me!"

"OK, schmarty pants..." (draws out Tommy gun and fires...)

ahem.... :gangster:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Hey,i'm italian so I will go through little Italy....!OH NO GREEK GANG! :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :toxicduckie:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:Most pickup truck mods are even worse than car mods. Trying to make a huge brick aerodynamic with a rear wing and ground effects is pretty oxymoronic. Lowering the truck to the ground kind of defeats the point of being a truck. I can understand raising the suspension to a point, but not everyone needs to drive the monster truck Bigfoot in their daily commute in and out of suburbia. And, without even getting into the ecology of the situation, just how big do you want your truck to be, when gas prices are going through the roof? Do you really need a front grille protector and off-road hardware if you're not actually going off-road?

One final thing: Hood covers. Why do people put them on the front of their cars? I know, to keep the bugs off, and to keep it clean. To make sure the car continues to look nice. But... The effect is lost, if you're driving around town with the thing still on. If your car looks like an Autobot bank robber, it doesn't look cool, it looks dorky.

I know, not my usual "resolving the paradox of infinite space and an expanding universe." But, car bras look dorky!
The underlined sections had me rolling for a while. Thanks Scott, I needed that.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Hmmmm! Pondering! :| :|
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i like the 1965 ford mustang!!! :howl:  :oo a hell alot of power :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

VROOM...............!Awesome car I agree :howl:  :oo :)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Pimped my ride yo! :lol:

Serious: I don't have a drivers licence so I don't give a s*** about cars. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Don't have my licence yet, but when I do get a car, the most extreme thing I'll probably do is paint it.

Lime green.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

My car would be in the range of 20,000-100,000$
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

My ideal car has two wheels and is a motorcycle. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:My ideal car has two wheels and is a motorcycle. :wink:

Two wheels, eh? Well, check this out!! :o

http://www.stuntteam.nl/video/rinse.wmv
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

That is awsome!! :o

Fig you have too much time on your hands ......you love to search everything on googles. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Figarou wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote:My ideal car has two wheels and is a motorcycle. :wink:

Two wheels, eh? Well, check this out!! :o

http://www.stuntteam.nl/video/rinse.wmv
A Dutch site? Hmm.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv you just love everything thats dutch, mabey I should send you killzone. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I don't have a PS2. :P