McFarlane's DRAGONS

The place for anything at all...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

McFarlane's DRAGONS

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

I've heard many on here mention that in additon to werewolves some of you, like me, have a love of the Draconic.... :wink:

And in that spirit I would like to introduce anyone who may be interested to the McFarlane's Dragons : Quest for the Lost King series of figures.

Series 1 Released Feb. 05'

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=268

Series 2 Releases Oct. 05'

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=285

Series 3 Releases Feb. 06'

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2866
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Ahh, Todd McFarlane. I almost worship that guy. :howl:  :oo
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I don't know as I'd go that far, have you seen his Twisted Tales Red Riding Hood ? He does go in for detail though, which I love to see.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: McFarlane's DRAGONS

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:I've heard many on here mention that in additon to werewolves some of you, like me, have a love of the Draconic.... :wink:

You should already know that I like dragons as well. :D
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

But of course Figarou ! You are certainly one of the specific few in the many I was reffering to...... :wink:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

I have no real interest in Dragons but a friend of mine would love those. I always love to remind him of that "dragon" guy in Starskey and Hutch the Movie.

Fig, I find your signature somewhat disturbing....
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Akela wrote: Fig, I find your signature somewhat disturbing....

You like my sig? :lol:

Nothing beats a blast of cheeze through the nose!!!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

We sell those at GameStop. :) They're very cool.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Figarou wrote:
Nothing beats a blast of cheeze through the nose!!!
Except someone eating a fry through their nose. I've seen someone do that.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

This guy is sitting on my desk right now...he rocks.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/horror/dragon ... _01_dp.jpg
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Wow, that's pretty neat. I really like the detail
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I really like the first dragon.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I have all the 1st series and I'm waiting to pounce on the 2nd one, but now with series 3 it seems Todd is running a bit low on ideas. His Water Clan Dragons are my first gripe , I loved the 1st one but they just keep getting weirder, I could over look it if they put a sunken ship or two on the bases to make them look larger. I guess he's walking a fine line between Sea Dragon and Sea Serpent. Lastly his Komodo Clan Dragon from Series 3 looks too much like a real Komodo Dragon that is standing upright with armor....at least give it wings..... :roll:
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

I have the complete Series 1.

I have begun my search in local stores for Series 2 (no luck, yet).

Now, I am going to start saving up for Series 3.

I've always loved dragons, longer than werewolves I think. It's hard for werewolves to compete for my cash though.. darn dragons are everywhere!
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I know what you mean, I have a rather large flight of dragons myself. Though they are everywhere it's hard to find good detailed ones that are also reasonable, before Mcfarlane's came out I was collecting all the Dragonheart figures by Kenner, then I was buying Enchantica, now that's an expensive series I only have 5 of em' out of several hundred just for an example. Good werewolves are even harder to find than a good dragon though, I'm lucky if I find one or two good werewolf items a year.

Since I have so many Draco fans here, I'll tell you about a movie I just found out about that is coming out Holiday next year, it's called Eragon based on the book by the same name ( which I'm reading/it's great ! ).

www.alagaesia.com

www.eragonmovie.com

http://www.shurtugal.com/

I don't think the series 2 is out yet, Mcfarlane says October, Amazon says November 11th. The Eternal Clan Dragon boxset is December I think.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I'd like to collect a few dragon figures. But I have other plans with the money I have saved up. A-kon17 is one. Some DVD titles. A new HD-DVD player when it comes out. That or Bluray. And maybe a new gaming system. (Xbox360)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

OMG I love dragons!!! I don't have any dragon figures, though. :(
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:I'd like to collect a few dragon figures. But I have other plans with the money I have saved up. A-kon17 is one. Some DVD titles. A new HD-DVD player when it comes out. That or Bluray. And maybe a new gaming system. (Xbox360)
I'm waiting on a 360, 399.00 is just way too much for a system though when the games are 50 bucks each. After Christmas they may go down in price and if not then I'll hold off until Halo 3 releases.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Excelsia wrote:OMG I love dragons!!! I don't have any dragon figures, though. :(
This would be a great series to start with then, TRU carries them, Gamestop stores, and some comic shops. You can order them from Amazon.com also just search for Mcfarlane Dragons and type in the series # you want. The basic figures are around 10.00 while the boxsets are only 20.00 and since they are twice the size , it's worth it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Figarou wrote:I'd like to collect a few dragon figures. But I have other plans with the money I have saved up. A-kon17 is one. Some DVD titles. A new HD-DVD player when it comes out. That or Bluray. And maybe a new gaming system. (Xbox360)
I'm waiting on a 360, 399.00 is just way too much for a system though when the games are 50 bucks each. After Christmas they may go down in price and if not then I'll hold off until Halo 3 releases.
There will be 2 packages to choose from. One for $299.00, and the other for $399.00.

The one for $399.00 also comes with other stuff thats normally sold seperately. If you bought the Xbox360 alone and the accessories seperately, you'll be spending somewhere around $500.00
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

games are going to be $60. Atleast for xbox360.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
There will be 2 packages to choose from. One for $299.00, and the other for $399.00.

The one for $399.00 also comes with other stuff thats normally sold seperately. If you bought the Xbox360 alone and the accessories seperately, you'll be spending somewhere around $500.00
That's why if I was to buy one I'd purchase the 400.00 set..unfortunatly I need 400 first..... :wink:

I know this system is supposed to be great, but 400 ? Didn't Bill Gates learn his lesson with the orig. Xbox ?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
That's why if I was to buy one I'd purchase the 400.00 set..unfortunatly I need 400 first..... :wink:

I know this system is supposed to be great, but 400 ? Didn't Bill Gates learn his lesson with the orig. Xbox ?

Don't be suprised if the bundled PS3 costs a lot more than the bundled Xbox360.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

And yet suprisenly alot of people are wanting to get the PS3 right after they buy the xbox360

Don't be suprised if the bundled PS3 costs a lot more than the bundled Xbox360.
Yet alot of people are gonna save up for the PS3 right after they buy the xbox360.
Image Image