Werewolf Allergies?

The place for anything at all...
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf Allergies?

Post by celtwolf »

lol, i came up with this while reading the 'werewolf perks' topic.
i have allergies towards dogs. what would happen if i was bitten and turned into a werewolf? would i be allergic to myself?

~First full moon!
i walk into the light of the full moon and change. "AROOOOOOOOOOOO--KTCHOO! WACHOOO! ACHOO! KTCH-ACH-WATCHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
and i'm stuck for the rest of the night huddled in an alley, sneezing over and over and over.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Hmmm...interesting question. I think maybe your gestalt or wolf self would probably lose that allergy while you were transformed. After all, the majority of humans aren't allergic to themselves (although there are exceptions) so I think a werewolf (in wolf or gestalt form) probably wouldn't be either.

But I really don't know. That's a toughie.
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

heh, i just thought it'd make for an interesting discussion.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

perhaps the lycanthropy would remove the allergy? :|
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

well, i don't like the idea of the 'magical immunity to everything' part of the werewolf mythology. but i guess that'd work

Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I guess you could always see how well Flonase works when you're trying to use it with claws :lol:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Well, you probably wouldn't be allergic to yourself, but you might retain the allergy to other dogs/wolves.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

My "lupus" is flaring; it happens when I'm on my &

Post by Scott Gardener »

The immune system is conditioned during early childhood by the thymus gland, filtering out the tendancy to react to one's self.

But, lycanthropy acquired after this time would introduce all kinds of other new chemical receptors in the body that the body would again have to relearn not to attack, so preventing autoimmune problems would have to be ingrained into the process of infectious lycanthropy anyway, otherwise not just you, but all werewolves would be self-allergic, and with the kind that causes anaphylaxis and sudden death.

One more thing to worry about when getting lycanthropy, along side disseminated intravascular coaggulation, cerebral herniation, seizures, and upset stomach. People who have taken MAOIs within fifteen days or who have certain liver problems should not take Lycanthropy. Ask your doctor if Lycanthropy is right for you...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

:roflmao:
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: My "lupus" is flaring; it happens when I'm on

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:The immune system is conditioned during early childhood by the thymus gland, filtering out the tendancy to react to one's self.

But, lycanthropy acquired after this time would introduce all kinds of other new chemical receptors in the body that the body would again have to relearn not to attack, so preventing autoimmune problems would have to be ingrained into the process of infectious lycanthropy anyway, otherwise not just you, but all werewolves would be self-allergic, and with the kind that causes anaphylaxis and sudden death.

One more thing to worry about when getting lycanthropy, along side disseminated intravascular coaggulation, cerebral herniation, seizures, and upset stomach. People who have taken MAOIs within fifteen days or who have certain liver problems should not take Lycanthropy. Ask your doctor if Lycanthropy is right for you...

Well, your a doc. Is Lycanthropy right for me? :jester:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote:But, lycanthropy acquired after this time would introduce all kinds of other new chemical receptors in the body that the body would again have to relearn not to attack, so preventing autoimmune problems would have to be ingrained into the process of infectious lycanthropy anyway, otherwise not just you, but all werewolves would be self-allergic, and with the kind that causes anaphylaxis and sudden death.
Yeah, the 'virus' is already messing the immune system anyway. I don't really see this as too big of a fudge.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Scott Gardener wrote:The immune system is conditioned during early childhood by the thymus gland, filtering out the tendancy to react to one's self.

:roflmao: I think I'am out of running for taking Lycanthropy though, lol
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lycanthropy has done wonders for me!!! Except I cant figure out why I get black outs for 3 nights each month and waking up in the morning naked...is that a side effect?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Lycanthropy has done wonders for me!!! Except I cant figure out why I get black outs for 3 nights each month and waking up in the morning naked...is that a side effect?
Perhaps you should have the local vet adjust your dosage. :grinp:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Oh ok, and I should mention the vet about my headache.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Re: Werewolf Allergies?

Post by Wolveblade »

celtwolf wrote:lol, i came up with this while reading the 'werewolf perks' topic.
i have allergies towards dogs. what would happen if i was bitten and turned into a werewolf? would i be allergic to myself?

~First full moon!
i walk into the light of the full moon and change. "AROOOOOOOOOOOO--KTCHOO! WACHOOO! ACHOO! KTCH-ACH-WATCHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
and i'm stuck for the rest of the night huddled in an alley, sneezing over and over and over.

that would not be fun *hands u a tissue*
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Wonder if a WW in human form would still set of a persons dog/fur allergies...?
:lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Correct me if Im wrong but hasnt this been discussed before?
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If you or a loved one you know has acquired lycanthropy and suffered a stroke or heart attack, call the law offices of Morden and Associates!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Yeah it has, not that long ago either.
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

i'm sorry if i redid the post. it was actually meant to be a comedy thread more than one for gathering information. i thought it'd be funny, and by the looks of it, it was.
anyway, if a mod or admin wants to delete this for redundancy, go ahead.

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

celtwolf wrote:i'm sorry if i redid the post. it was actually meant to be a comedy thread more than one for gathering information. i thought it'd be funny, and by the looks of it, it was.
anyway, if a mod or admin wants to delete this for redundancy, go ahead.
It has been discussed before, but I think it was buried in another thread somewhere. As such, you couldn't have known, and, in fact, it's probably better to have a thread devoted to it like this so it can be found. In the case that I or someone else comes across the original discussion, it's easy enough to simply post a link to it here.

-- Vilkacis
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

thank you for not deleting this! :D