If you could get your canid teeth enlarged would you

The place for anything at all...
shey
Legendary
Legendary

If you could get your canid teeth enlarged would you

Post by shey »

I know their is another topic like this but would you get your canid teeth enlarged I think it is a real thing you can have done :?

But if you could would you

I would if it did not cost a lot :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Maybe enlarged slightly...but mainly sharpened (which, granted, I could do that on my own). I have a couple of friends who have naturally really sharp canid teeth, and they look really cool.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

As Excelsia said. Slight enlargement and sharpening would be cool, but nothing that'd keep me from getting a job. Besides, the human mouth just isn't designed for anything too big.
Sanity is relative.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

There are other things that I would add or change about my mouth if I could though. For example, there's some breed of snake that lives in the desert that can spit blinding venom from these small, discreet venom sacks in it's mouth. I wouldn't mind having a set of those. :D

When it comes to making changes to my body...I have two ways of thinking. Either very discreet, almost to the point of unnoticable, or HUGE, MASSIVE, TOTALLY OBVIOUS CHANGE. Nothing in between. Not sure why, but that's how I feel about it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well. . . Maybe if I could get the full dental surgery package beforehand. Enlarged canines might be cool, but not if their digging into my lower gumline like they would be if that's all I got done. :roll:
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Excelsia wrote:There are other things that I would add or change about my mouth if I could though. For example, there's some breed of snake that lives in the desert that can spit blinding venom from these small, discreet venom sacks in it's mouth. I wouldn't mind having a set of those. :D

When it comes to making changes to my body...I have two ways of thinking. Either very discreet, almost to the point of unnoticable, or HUGE, MASSIVE, TOTALLY OBVIOUS CHANGE. Nothing in between. Not sure why, but that's how I feel about it.
I hadn't thought about it like that before, but I agree. I either want to be unobtrusive, or go all out. Halfway seems like I'm making too many sacrafices (imagine trying to get a job) without all the benefits of completion.

Although, now that I think about it, having pseudo-canine eyes would be a cool modification for an otherwise human body, and probably wouldn't label you as "freak" to anyone too quickly due to the subtlety. Myself, I'd prioritize night vision over color, but that's just me. It'd be interesting to see how people reacted to catching glimpses of light reflecting from the eyes.
Sanity is relative.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Only if they were inside of a canine muzzle.

So long as I have a Human Mouth, I'd prefer to have teeth that fit, and look right.

I have no difficulty ripping and chewing meat as it is. My teeth are strong and sharp enough. I have no need or desire for such a thing.

(...again...unless I had a head with a muzzle...in which case I would obviously want my teeth to match.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I've met several people who have had their canines capped. It's basically a crown; you'd have to find a real open-minded dentist but I've seen it done.

Myself, I don't need to. I have natural fangs that actually drop down to points 1/4" below the rest of my toothline. I slit open CD wrapping with them.
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:I hadn't thought about it like that before, but I agree. I either want to be unobtrusive, or go all out. Halfway seems like I'm making too many sacrafices (imagine trying to get a job) without all the benefits of completion.
I'd get it just long enough so that they'd look abnormal. Just to see if anyone notices.
Although, now that I think about it, having pseudo-canine eyes would be a cool modification for an otherwise human body, and probably wouldn't label you as "freak" to anyone too quickly due to the subtlety. Myself, I'd prioritize night vision over color, but that's just me. It'd be interesting to see how people reacted to catching glimpses of light reflecting from the eyes.
The reflective layer would be cool, even if it didn't really improve night vision. Plus I'd mess up all the photogrphs I was in.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Hehe, that's a cool benefit. You'd look normal most of the time but come out fscky in flash photos.

My subtle-or-obvious point was in general, not specific to the teeth. I'm with you on that; just slightly more than looks normal. People would think I just grew them weird, if they noticed, but it'd add nice effect.
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: If you could get your canid teeth enlarged would you

Post by Figarou »

shey wrote:If you could get your canid teeth enlarged would you?

No.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Hehe, that's a cool benefit. You'd look normal most of the time but come out fscky in flash photos.
Yep, and red-eye reduction doesn't really work on that either. I'd have it since I don't like being photographed. (Oddly enough I like taking photographs.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Not really...not unless it came with a mzuzle and such.. :P

Human + big canines teeth = Vampire looking. Bleh. :roll:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I wouldn't mind them a bit longer. Mine are already a lot sharper than most people's. ^_^
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

ya haveing them just a little bigger would be cool but not like some one looks at you and sees them right off but they would be good for opening things :wink:
they have contects(I think thats how you spell that) to give you wolf looking eyes my friend says that in Mexic he saw some that gave you the cat looking eyes and they were really cheap he got some that made his eyes a different color.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think having my canine teeth a little longer would be a little cool. Yet I don't want a vampire look, or having them poke into my mouth. So only a bit that they were long looking, but still fit into what could be normal human teeth. (I need to get braces first anyway, one of my canine teeth grew up at the top because it got pushed up there.)

Now the eyes are a bit interesting. I beleive I've seen those contacts before that were in all different styles and colors.'

Yet, I personally don't want to do etheir. It's something I think is cool, but not something I'd really want to do.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

I was thinking actual wolfish eyes; those colored contacts aren't even close, as they can't actually change your vision (well, maybe prescription ones can correct it, but they can't add anything), and wouldn't have the reflectiveness that was half the reason in the first place.
Sanity is relative.
Silver Bengal Tiger
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Silver Bengal Tiger »

I think I would like to have my canines enlarged, but your right not like a vampire but curved to look more canine. lck
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I'd do it! :D I'd get the top and bottom done 8) As for eyes, I want them to glow, like animals' eyes do when light hits them in the dark.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

I seem to have picked up someone else's pet peeve.

They REFLECT, not glow! This is because there's a reflective layer at the abck of the eye which bounces light back through the sensing layer again, greatly increasing effective sensitivity to light (night vision). And yes, that would own.
Sanity is relative.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I saw some white scleral cat eye contacts and I want them so bad but they don't make them in prescription! :evil:
Last edited by PariahPoet on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aki wrote:Not really...not unless it came with a mzuzle and such.. :P

Human + big canines teeth = Vampire looking. Bleh. :roll:
Same here, but mines already pretty sharp.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Tempting. I'd have to factor in my line of work as an ER physician, especially when suturing cuts or treating young kids. Still, I'd at least consider it, which makes me wonder about my brain's serotonin levels.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Heh. I've had kids ask me if I'm a vampire before.

I probably wouldn't do anything extreme.

-- Vilkacis
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Ralith Lupus wrote:I seem to have picked up someone else's pet peeve.

They REFLECT, not glow! This is because there's a reflective layer at the abck of the eye which bounces light back through the sensing layer again, greatly increasing effective sensitivity to light (night vision). And yes, that would own.
Alright, I want eyes that reflect light when light hits them :wink:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)