Wolves considered for removal from endagered species list

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Wolves considered for removal from endagered species list

Post by Set »

I'll just give you all the link to the topic, I found it on another message board. (And I'm well aware it's nearly a month old. I'm just surprised no one here brought it up.)

http://cgi.furtopia.org/cgi-bin/ib311/i ... 12;t=15939
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Son of a b****!!! Its amazing how stupid those dum redneck hunters can be. they just hate the fact that they cant hunt as freely as they think should when in reality they shouldnt even have any freedom at all when it comes to hunting or killing animals, infact they should make having a rifle illegal in Idaho.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Son of a b****!!! Its amazing how stupid those dum redneck hunters can be. they just hate the fact that they cant hunt as freely as they think should when in reality they shouldnt even have any freedom at all when it comes to hunting or killing animals, infact they should make having a rifle illegal in Idaho.
Violation of the ?th amendment (not that it isn't violated enough anyway).

While I don't quite agree with your approach to demonstrating their failings, I do agree with the core. This is just stupid. There're so few wolves in the continential US that you can almost count them on your fingers, and numerous reasons for there to be a normal population.
Sanity is relative.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i say BRING IT ON!! they won't have an easy time while i'm around. because as of two minutes ago. "The werewolf" the wolf activist is born.

just don't speak out take a stand, urge government officials to not to go through with this. it's time to fight back against the clampits!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Simple:

If the population is not endangered (I.E. They can happily not go extinct in the next years)...

Take them off.

This will call for a wide range field study and open doors to other things -- and they will not immediately be taken off the Endangered Species list.

The Endangered Species list is not a conclusive list of all things endangered on this planet. It is a noted cultural grouping of animals we don't want dying out.

And then there are those things we've helped to eradicate to a point of extinction we forgot to mention on the list.

The list does good for what it can. Wolves are loved, they will not dying out anytime soon with fantastic funding from Urbanized areas who've fallen in love with them and with people dedicated to their survival.

Public outcry will be heard -- but until any of us know the cold hard facts the removal of the wolf off the Endangered Species list will be handled by, not rednecks, but those in charge of such animal management which is safe-guarded by highly skilled people in Natural and Environmental Science.

Getting panties in a twist before facts are all in a row is pointless. The lab results and preliminary field tests alone won't be ready anytime soon because, again, it will take at least a years worth of field research and lab-coordinating to hammer this out.

They won't go off the list without reason. This is not a 'game' and Animal Management knows.

Being fanatical and irrational only serves for people to discredit your opinion and move on to someone not bolstering threats and crazy theatrics.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Well said. You beat me to the punch.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Counted on fingers in the United States? Wow. You're a mutant. Where did you put your 1,800 fingers?!?

[/joke]

For a species to lose its endangered status DOES NOT automatically mean there'll be a hunt for them. They'll be downgraded to "Threatened" and after that, they go to "Non-Game" status. There will only be a hunt if and only if they are designated specifically as "Game." That will never happen here, there's too many people who'll scream "NO!!" and too many animal rights groups with multi-million dollar budgets and millions of members.

Example: cougars aren't endangered or even threatened in California, but you cannot hunt them there. And here in Oregon, white-tailed deer — yes, white-tailed deer — cannot be hunted because they're on the threatened list here.

Wolves being taken off the endangered species list is good news. It means they're making a comeback. We'll all be hearing wolf howls in our woods within our lifetimes :howl:  :oo

Anubis: You don't have to become a vigilante, you're of the age, train to become a game warden. Wolves are in Wyoming, they'll probably make it to Utah within the next twenty-five years and you'll be in on the ground floor to protect them. You'll have full arrest, prosecution and lethal force powers against poachers.
ImageImageImageImage
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

"So, our of pure, irrational fear and a general disregard for facts, the wolves are being hunted as if they were twenty times the "threat" that they are."

I thought we humans are 1.8 billion times the threat that we are?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:they just hate the fact that they cant hunt as freely as they think should when in reality they shouldnt even have any freedom at all when it comes to hunting or killing animals, infact they should make having a rifle illegal in Idaho.
WTF?!

Let me preface by saying that I'm all in favor of saving the wolves too. But that DOES NOT mean that government officials should take away a person's right to hunt with firearms. I can almost see the argument for gun control of hand-guns, but rifles? A human has just as much right as any other animal to kill their own prey.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Renorei wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:they just hate the fact that they cant hunt as freely as they think should when in reality they shouldnt even have any freedom at all when it comes to hunting or killing animals, infact they should make having a rifle illegal in Idaho.
WTF?!

Let me preface by saying that I'm all in favor of saving the wolves too. But that DOES NOT mean that government officials should take away a person's right to hunt with firearms. I can almost see the argument for gun control of hand-guns, but rifles? A human has just as much right as any other animal to kill their own prey.
I'm all with you on the firearms thing, I just wanted to note:

Does everybody know what goes into getting a gun?

Gun Control is stiff.

The easiest way to get a gun is NOT to go through the legal system. Illegal gun ownership comes mainly from theft and such. Guns are well controlled when they're sold to the world -- the fact that there are laws and regulations so steep is why the black market is so cushiony. Which makes gun owners a target for theft. The steeper we make the challenge of getting a gun, the more we make it impossible for legal, monitored gun ownership and better to go buy one in a back alley.

And at this point taking guns away is absolutely out of the question. Lest we want to end up like England. Where everyone who didn't have to turn theirs over became a criminal and crime skyrocketted.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ralith wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Son of a b****!!! Its amazing how stupid those dum redneck hunters can be. they just hate the fact that they cant hunt as freely as they think should when in reality they shouldnt even have any freedom at all when it comes to hunting or killing animals, infact they should make having a rifle illegal in Idaho.
Violation of the ?th amendment (not that it isn't violated enough anyway).

While I don't quite agree with your approach to demonstrating their failings, I do agree with the core. This is just stupid. There're so few wolves in the continential US that you can almost count them on your fingers, and numerous reasons for there to be a normal population.
Renorei wrote:WTF?!

I didnt really mean that I was just saying that for the hell of it. I own a gun myself and I dont want it being taken away.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote: I didnt really mean that I was just saying that for the hell of it. I own a gun myself and I dont want it being taken away.
Ah, cool then. :)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

gosh does everyone takes things so literal around here? :lol:
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Those wolf-smileys on that board are really crappy...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Shadow Wulf wrote:gosh does everyone takes things so literal around here? :lol:
:) No, but you touched a raw nerve. People who hunt get attacks like that all the time, and the attackers aren't kidding like you were.

Embattled minority and all.
ImageImageImageImage
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:Those wolf-smileys on that board are really crappy...
Hah. Blame Goldie. She's the one who made them. :lol:
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

vrikasatma wrote:For a species to lose its endangered status DOES NOT automatically mean there'll be a hunt for them. They'll be downgraded to "Threatened" and after that, they go to "Non-Game" status. There will only be a hunt if and only if they are designated specifically as "Game." That will never happen here, there's too many people who'll scream "NO!!" and too many animal rights groups with multi-million dollar budgets and millions of members.
Ah, ok, that changes things. Nevertheless, I'm all for overkill on wolf protection :)
vrikasatma wrote:Wolves being taken off the endangered species list is good news. It means they're making a comeback.
Assuming they're being taken off for the right reasons.
vrikasatma wrote:We'll all be hearing wolf howls in our woods within our lifetimes :howl:  :oo
I hope so :)
Sanity is relative.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Set wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Those wolf-smileys on that board are really crappy...
Hah. Blame Goldie. She's the one who made them. :lol:
:oops:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

*Nods head* oooh wait till Goldie hears about this. :lol:
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think she came up with the original design for our own wolfie emoticons, too, however. That, and if God were a therian artist, people would accuse His work of being a rip-off of hers.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Too bad God doesn't exist huh? :D

Edit: Erh, damn, isn't that a bit overreacted Scott? :roll:
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

From the article it sounded like there were alot of wolves. So then yes they are being taken off for the right reasons. And it doesn't mean that they can hunted. Just offed if they think they're a threat. From what that ignorant fool is saying it sounds like they (the hunters) are getting ready for a genocide. But, the past will teach us just because one person is making unimaginal threats, doesn't mean that all of them are. Aye, history has its volumes of people like this.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Morkulv wrote:Too bad God doesn't exist huh? :D

I suppose we'll find out one day, won't we?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

If God exists, then werewolves must be real. Werewolves sound even more convincing then any fairytale like the bible.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Morkulv wrote:If God exists, then werewolves must be real. Werewolves sound even more convincing then any fairytale like the bible.

Hmm...how about leaving other people's religious beliefs alone?

Seriously. Calling the stories of the bible 'fairytales' is making fun of Christian beliefs, and many on this forum are Christians. Nobody makes fun of you for being a nihilist/atheist/agnostic/whatever you are.