what animal Personality closely resmebles you??

The place for anything at all...
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

what animal Personality closely resmebles you??

Post by Anook »

Ok,

I'ev changed this entir thing. People were getting to confused by what i first had up here and i don't blame them. Anyway, curiouse to see what animal do people here on THE PACK closely resemeble. I
To people who already responded to the first post. Sorry about the whole confusion thing. Renorei thanks for your thougths and opinions about the difference in therian and werewolves. You anwered my questions. The last post i made( i mean to the old one explains why i put it up there. I don't think any of you will really care, but oh well)
Last edited by Anook on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: what is your animal side and what kind of shift do you d

Post by Renorei »

Anook wrote: Anyways, most of us think that by having a dream that you are a werewolf or any other werecreature; then that must mean your one.

Actually, most pack members are in agreement that things such as dreams, mental shifts, and therianthropy don't qualify you as a werewolf. If it's something that's in your head, but isn't happening to your body, then you aren't a werewolf...

But, aside from that, what a cool dream! I rarely dream anymore these days, and when I do it's usually just something random.

I'm not really sure if I have an animal side...but if I do, I'd be a dog. Not a wolf, but a dog. There are certain personality traits that dogs have that are very similar to mine...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Grey jaguarundi with silver toes- dream, phantom, and suntherian shifts.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Meh, I'm pretty human.

I attribute myself mostly to birds if I had to throw something out there, I have an obsession with ornithology, birds of prey, falconry and whatnot. Yet even then it's just a human hobby of study - no shifting.

There's no inner animal pushing to get out in me. I'm quite able to pull out all the primal stops being the b**** I tend to be.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Ink wrote:Meh, I'm pretty human.

I attribute myself mostly to birds if I had to throw something out there, I have an obsession with ornithology, birds of prey, falconry and whatnot. Yet even then it's just a human hobby of study - no shifting.

There's no inner animal pushing to get out in me. I'm quite able to pull out all the primal stops being the b**** I tend to be.

Hmmm...yeah this is actually pretty much how I feel too.

Humans are crazy, amazing, interesting animals and I don't feel that simply being human is in any way lacking.

Also, a lot of people (though certainly not all) who call themselves therians are posers, IMO.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Well, i wasn't implying that i was a werewolf or a wolf Renorei.
But I think i have some dog and wolf characteristics.
I think its more dog. There is this lady who lives in my neighborhood and she owns 9 LABS. :D
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ITS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Sorry, i just LOVE DOGS and they all love me. All nine of them love to jump, lick, and chase me. I wish i could have every single one of them. I also have this thing with animals. I can look into their eyes and know exactly what they're thinking and feeling. After high school i'm hoping to study to become a vet, and when i do. I will own a lab, german shep., husky, golden retrevier, and possibly something else. My mom finally said i could get a dog, but i have to wait until next Christmas. :cry:
Anyways, if I had to tell someone what animal or animals i mostly resemble Personality wise. It would be wolf and dog, but mostly dog.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

I'm just talking about Personality. I should have made that clear in the post title. There really is no shifting for me. That was just one dream I had nothing more. Oh, and you dream every night; you just don't remember them all. And there is nothing wrong with being human. Sometimes i think the reason (some people) wbelieve they are some kind of animal is because, they don't like their lives to begin with. I could be wrong and if i am please don't get mad. Just tell me your thougths and opinions. :D :D :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Anook wrote:Well, i wasn't implying that i was a werewolf or a wolf Renorei.
Oh well I misunderstood you then. Sorry. I'm just really tired of all these wolf therian people saying things like "WELL I HAVE A WOLF ON TEH INSIDE SO I WILL CALL MYSELF A WEREWOLF". As a fan of actual werewolves, I find it annoying.

But anyway...yes, dogs are awesome. They're massive ego boosters. You come home, and they act like they've just won the lottery...you leave, they act like the sky is falling. They're awesome. As for me, I can't have a dog now, but when I have a house of my own, I'm going to get a Catahoula Leopard Dog.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Sounds like an awesome dog. :D
And I know what you mean Renorei. It does get annoying. :x

Hey Renorie if i sounded mad or there was a weird tone to my post. I'm sorry i didn't mean to have it sound the way it did. I seriously have to work the whole posting topic thing out. I should i have made the title more clear and explain inside the post that i was mainly talking about
Personality.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

My animal side? Hmmmmm.....Thats a toughy.

But I can tell you the kinds of shift I do.

I work the night shift and I drive a stick shift.

:D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Well Ren, there are therians on the board. We are animals inside. Nothing outlandish about that. Nobody is claiming the ability to physically shift.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Figarou wrote:My animal side? Hmmmmm.....Thats a toughy.

My computer has Shift keys... two of them!
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:My animal side? Hmmmmm.....Thats a toughy.

My computer has Shift keys... two of them!

Oh man!! I forgot about those!! :lol:

A a A a A Cool!! I can make my letters shift!
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

As I see it, it's really hard for a person to judge that about themselves. It's really easy to say that you're like a cat because you love cats, or like a dragon because you're infatuated with the idea of them. You don't see very many people going around comparing themselves to emus, chinchillas, pigs or anteaters, though. Anything I'd say about myself would probably be biased, which is why I'd much prefer that someone else tell me what animal they think my personality best matches.

Even so, in answer to your question, here is how I see myself. I doubt any single animal could adequately describe me, so I've broken it up into traits:

Honesty: Chameleon -- I try to keep my promises, but I'm rarely exactly what I seem.

Courtesy: Hawk -- I'm usually a bit too focused on things to bother with pointless courtesies, but I can put on a show if needed.

Responsibility: Dolphin/Beaver -- I'd rather not have any responsibility (Dolphin), but if I need to do it, I'm going to do it well (Beaver).

Compatibility: Wolf -- I do well as long as there is structure and I know where my place in the hierarchy is.

Loyalty: Cat -- I'll fight fiercely for my friends today and leave the next day without a second thought. I'm loyal, but I've never learned how to grow close.

Enthusiasm: Squirrel -- If I'm interested, I go all out, but if I'm not, I have a really, really, really hard time making myself get it done.

Open-mindedness: Owl -- I try my best to judge things wisely. I don't simply believe everything I hear, but nor do I simply reject things without consideration.

Self-Control: Alligator -- I usually have excellent self-control, but if I lose it, I'm all teeth!

Influence: Peacock -- People pay a lot of attention at first, but tend to become habituated over time.

Initiative: Beaver -- I tend to start ambitious projects on occasion. Smaller things sometimes get left by the wayside.

Adaptability: Goat -- I'm very good at finding new ways to get around boundaries.

Industriousness: Beaver -- When I work, it's all or nothing.

Self-Reliance: Cat -- I prefer to take care of myself, but I don't mind the occasional belly-rub.

Compassion: Dog -- I care, but I'm a bit stupid about it sometimes.

Competitiveness: Mountain Goat -- I'm at my best when I have someone to butt heads with. A rival is the best motivation for self-improvement.

Patience: Bear -- I'm incredibly patient, usually, but there are some things I just won't put up with.

Perfectionism: Beaver -- I'm somewhat obsessive.

Courage: Snake/spider -- I'd rather run away, but if I have to take a stand, someone's going to end up regretting it.

Decisiveness: Dog -- I'll chase after whatever seems promising at the time.

Drive: Cat -- I'd rather just lie in the sun, thank you very much!

Calmness: Bear -- It takes a lot to get me angry, but that doesn't mean I won't calmly take your head off.

Stability: Crow -- I'm a bit unstable, but I like it that way.

-- Vilkacis
Last edited by Vilkacis on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

There are some interesting faiths in the world. There is Christianity, Hinduism, Taoism, Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Shamanism and many others. I don't have a spirituality that can match anything that I have learned about, but I can tell you that a moral life being led doesn't necessarily stem from a religion. Some people need it though to keep them honest and truthfully, so many need a moral compass now that it just makes me sick. I am not Christian, but I wish that more people would accept a religion of some sort to keep them honest and moral.

What I CAN tell you is that some people describe faith building dreams and feelings that convince them to believe in one thing or another. A few years ago for me I had a period in my life that was not particularly stressful nor a huge change in lifestyle when I began to have dreams that were all very peculiar. Today, I find that the natural religions like Buddhism, Wicca, and some Native American Totemism all seem very plausible and real to me. I had dreams of a wolf guiding me and I do believe that I can call him/her my guide. So is there a wolf inside me? No. But, I can say that the wolf as a great teacher has been there when I need him/her to help with stresses in life.

Religion is all about feeling confident and confortable in your own skin. Spirituality is very personal and I cannot buy into any one and I believe that others should do the same. Whatever makes you a good person, is what you need to believe in and have faith that it will carry you through thick and thin.

The human mind is a marvelous thing. It is capable of so much pain and horror but is also capable of healing and love. What I mean by that is: you can get your mind to believe whatever you want it to. Reason is what you make of it and even though I am firmly rooted in science (I will have a bachelor's in biology at the end of the year) I still can believe that there are forces and dreams that cannot be explained by science. At least, not in the strictest sense. Yeah, a dream is a combination of REM sleep and random firing of neurons within the brain and so on...but how you interpret the dream is really all personal and sometimes it is just much more comforting to believe that it isn't as random and that there is something deeply rooted that can surface now and again.

Do I want to be a wolf? No. I would like to adopt some of the wolf's characteristics and live a life that I and others can be proud of. I believe that the wolf is a noble creature and its strong and good characteristics should be emulated. Am I proud to be human? No, but I am glad I am. That's a fine line huh?

OK I wasn't going to ramble...too late.

In short and conclusion, my spirituality is a combination of several religions or faiths. Buddhism, Wicca, and therianthropy (I am not the animal but believe that I can emulate a more noble species and try to be them by action) and the Native American totemism.

I understood that this thread may have had some religious implications to it and I apologize if I missed the point entirely, but spirituality is something I greatly enjoy discussing and I love to offer an argument and discussion to anyone that is willing to argue civilly. My recommendations to all that have not discovered what fits them best, is to read about what interests you. Absolutely keep an open mind and sometimes discuss religion with friends and family. Play devil's advocate and even argue against your own thoughts and feelings because only then can you be sure that you have chosen what's right for you.

OK I am gonna shut up now.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Anook wrote:Sounds like an awesome dog. :D
And I know what you mean Renorei. It does get annoying. :x

Hey Renorie if i sounded mad or there was a weird tone to my post. I'm sorry i didn't mean to have it sound the way it did. I seriously have to work the whole posting topic thing out. I should i have made the title more clear and explain inside the post that i was mainly talking about
Personality.
No problem. You didn't sound mad. :D
PariahPoet wrote:Well Ren, there are therians on the board. We are animals inside. Nothing outlandish about that. Nobody is claiming the ability to physically shift.
Oh, I have no problem with therians. What does annoy me is when therians start calling themselves werewhatevers. While they don't claim that they can physically shift, they somehow are under the impression that their mental animalistic side somehow entitles them to the right to call themselves werewolves...or were-whatever-their-animal-is.

It's hard for me to explain, and probably even harder for other people to understand...but as a person who is NOT a therian but IS a devoted fan of werewolves (the kind that actually shift), people who aren't really werewolves but start calling themselves werewolves is kinda like...a blaspheme to actual werewolves (yeah, I know, there aren't actually any real ones)...which bothers me.

I hope that makes sense...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Ha, well I guess I can understand that. When the culture was first beginning that was the best term most people could think of, and unfortunately some people still cling to it. But yes, therianthropy and were-creatures are two very different ideas.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

I agree therians are totally different from werewolves, and if your a therian that doesn't make you a werewolf.
Ok here is a website i think you guys should look at. You don't have to and I'm not trying to convince that therians are werewolves, but this is part of the reason why i posted this topic ( which now i wish i never did since its such a broad thing, but i was too curious about what people would say shame on me. :cry: )

I'ev just recently gotten into werewolvs (I mean I knew about the subject, but i never really thought about it) :cafinated: . So to find out about this new interest of mine. I went and serfed the internet for hours; learning about werewolves, but i wasn't familier with therians. I came across this website and i read this girls journels about her wolf changing experiences, and being new to this whole therian thing(forgive me this is so nieve). I instantly believe what she said.

Yes this post was to see what animal personality wise fits you, but there are two reasons why i put my dream up there

1. Because its my dream and i felt like putting it up. :x :grinp:

2. I really thought that if you dreamt that you were some weird werecreature, then that made you one. I came to that stupid conclusion by reading that girls journels. And i wanted to see what you guys thought.
So, basiclly i was looking for answers, but thanks to Renorei it was answered :D

Yes i'm a big werewolf fan, and i think it would be cool that actual werewolves existed, buuuuuuuuuut........... they don't :( :splat:

So check this out and then you might see where i'm coming from. No i don't want to be a wolf. Being human is a blast :duckbomb:

Sorry if i caused any confusion. Argh i feel so stupid now, but when it comes to werewolvs i really care what the pack thinks. God you guys probably think i'm nuts.
:cafinated: :wacko:

Oh and i really don't want to annoy, or make anyone mad here on this forum. I like talking to you guys, and i like to hear your opinions

SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ALL THE STUPID THINGS, OR THING I'EV DONE.
Snifful..snifful................tear...............wheres my tissue :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:puppyeyes:

If you do want to take a look; bring up the page, click on jounery to wolf and scrolll down and you will see her journals.

Oh, and it looks like i'm a pack leader now. :shift: :o

http://wolfslair.5u.com/
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, there WAS a thread for dreams... had you searched...

And could you edit your topic title? It's all caps, rather obnoxious...

I compare myself to a cat. That's almost certainly biased. I've been compared to a monkey (favorably) before, as well as a cat.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Sorry about the all caps. I see what you mean.

Oh, and i did look for a thread for dreams and there wasn't one.
oh well
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Renorei wrote:
Oh well I misunderstood you then. Sorry. I'm just really tired of all these wolf therian people saying things like "WELL I HAVE A WOLF ON TEH INSIDE SO I WILL CALL MYSELF A WEREWOLF". As a fan of actual werewolves, I find it annoying. .
Im a Mexican wolf therian (Well, I still have much inner research to do) and I dont believe in werewolves. Id love to, Id love to think people could shape shift (Physically) out there, but realistically, a therian who calls themself a werewolf...yes, the term DOES mean man-wolf, but werewolf in literature and such implies physical shapeshifting. In our culture and society, really, a werewolf and wolf therian are different things. Well in my view they are anyway.

And thats true, almost every therian is a poser. There arent many true ones, try looking at Myspace. My friend Neo is the only one I feel is truthful. And Librarius Lupus, maybe a couple of others. But everyone else on there? 14 yr olds with nothing better to do.

As for animals, my personality...haha a monkey. Im curious, Im playful, growl at people, etc. There are wolf characteristics (In theory) but they are so similar to human ones nobody can really tell. Haha so Im gonna go with the good ole' primate here, considering I am a primate and proud of it! But yeah the rest of mine would be human because I have this intense imagination and music obsession!

Edit: Well I read some more posts here and see some others agree too :P haha Im not the only monkey personality! And I wouldn't want to be a wolf either -shudder- I couldnt play guitar! Id have no will to live!
Last edited by Kirk Hammett on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well, first off, I must say that this girl is quite a good writer. She's very convincing. Her journals do have the occasional flaw, but overall, they were very enjoyable to read. I could almost feel myself 'shifting' as I read some of her passages :D .

But, I'll reiterate, that therianthropy and lycanthropy are two different things (though I'm certain most therians would love if therianthropy came with a case of lycanthropy :lol:). Therianthropy is a mental (and, depending on the therian) spiritual thing, while lycanthropy is PHYSICAL. If that girl wants to call herself a werewolf, fine. I disagree with her, and I find it annoying, not only because (as I mentioned earlier) it's a bit of a blaspheme to real werewolves, but also because a therian calling herself a werewolf is misleading to people who don't know a whole lot about either...such as yourself.

I'll close by saying this: Be more doubtful of things you read on the internet. Just because you read something somewhere doesn't mean it's right...and even if it is right for the person who wrote it, it may not be right for you. Everyone believes different things, but it's entirely up to you to decide what YOU believe. When you read something or hear something, put a lot of thought into it before deciding if you agree with it or not.

Also, try to be a little more...stable :) . You seem to have a tendency to go to extremes. One minute, you're ready to totally believe a girl's journals that you've read on the internet, and the next, you're ready to completely renounce them and agree with almost everything I say :lol:. That slight miswording in her journals doesn't make them all stupid or worthless (they are still a darn good read....and probably a reasonably accurate reflection of what some therians go through) and I'm certainly not right all the time, or maybe even most of the time.

Also, don't worry about being annoying. I don't find you annoying, and I doubt that most other pack members do either. You don't have to worry so much about what others think of you or your posts....we're all weird in our own ways, so just lay back and relax :D
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Anook: Firstly, Im not bashing your post. :P Im about to bash those who misled you. Im sticking up for you in other words. Im agreeing here with Renorei about misleading internet rubbish.

Renorei: The amount of things found on the internet that are appaulingly fake is amazing. The funniest I read was one off a Myspace forum. A so called 'Therian' forum, where therianthropes had to answer a questionaire to prove they were serious. At first I was like 'Oh, someone serious for a change. No 'werewolves and vampires war' people.

Boy was I wrong
:cry:

The leader posted a message about hunters. I read it in disbelief. I first found out about 'hunters' off this forum, I believe, someone had a link. People laughed at it. Anyway continuing on. The next comes online. A 14 year old (both I think were 14), can't spell, one sentance answers 'I was chased by a hunter, oh horrible experience I got shot!'

The leader: 'But I bet your therian powers healed you really fast'
Girl: 'Yeah luckily, but it was so horrible'

I couldnt help it, Im not an antagonistic girl by nature, but I went on and said 'I think hunters are psychotic and watch too much television.'
Of course I found out later that these hunters do exist, (Most are 14 yr olds, but some real older ones), and they must be ... well, pathetically obsessed with television, because they 'hunt therians and vampires'.

Renorei is right never read whats on the net it's fake! And these hunters if they really do exist like people claim, would only go after (Because they have no brain and they need psycho help, and are too gun happy or religious in a way that they misinterprete the bible or whatever God or Goddess they follow) therianthropes who advertise themselves. Or vampires, or whatever you say you are. I don't really discuss therianthropy offline anyway. It's not a huge part of my life, doesn't rule it, (music does :P and some other things), and of course therianthropy is an internet community and was coined on the net. Those who know other therians offline are probably lucky, but I guess I don't take it so seriously enough to care much. Not yet anyway. Though my therianthropy is obviously there, my music to me is more spiritual.

What I like about this forum is people are not joking and faking something, Im not bashing therianthrope forums, there are a few good ones where no fake bull is allowed, (Coyote's and Jakkal's and Neo's), but Im gonna bash the 14 year old forums! -Cowers- Im sorry I dont want to be mean :cry: but they annoy me to no end!

'Lycan and vampire wars'

That is the most annoying out of the lot! -Sob sob- Underworld!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Renorei wrote:
Oh well I misunderstood you then. Sorry. I'm just really tired of all these wolf therian people saying things like "WELL I HAVE A WOLF ON TEH INSIDE SO I WILL CALL MYSELF A WEREWOLF". As a fan of actual werewolves, I find it annoying. .
Im a Mexican wolf therian (Well, I still have much inner research to do) and I dont believe in werewolves. Id love to, Id love to think people could shape shift (Physically) out there, but realistically, a therian who calls themself a werewolf...yes, the term DOES mean man-wolf, but werewolf in literature and such implies physical shapeshifting. In our culture and society, really, a werewolf and wolf therian are different things. Well in my view they are anyway.

And thats true, almost every therian is a poser. There arent many true ones, try looking at Myspace. My friend Neo is the only one I feel is truthful. And Librarius Lupus, maybe a couple of others. But everyone else on there? 14 yr olds with nothing better to do.

As for animals, my personality...haha a monkey. Im curious, Im playful, growl at people, etc. There are wolf characteristics (In theory) but they are so similar to human ones nobody can really tell. Haha so Im gonna go with the good ole' primate here, considering I am a primate and proud of it! But yeah the rest of mine would be human because I have this intense imagination and music obsession!

Edit: Well I read some more posts here and see some others agree too :P haha Im not the only monkey personality! And I wouldn't want to be a wolf either -shudder- I couldnt play guitar! Id have no will to live!
Hey now, you really can't judge people like that. You can only know your own experiences. I'm in Lupus Librarius' pack and I think that whether other members are 'true therians' or not is inconsequential. What matters is that they are experiencing something that is real for them.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

I'm too lazy to write more than this.

Post by Set »

PariahPoet wrote:suntherian
Oy vey...another term...you would think that in the six years I've been in the therian community, they'd decide what they had is enough. Guess not. What exactly are "suntherian shifts" anyway?
Anook wrote:Anyway, curiouse to see what animal do people here on THE PACK closely resemeble.
Eh, I dunno. Maybe a bear. I've had other people compare me to hyenas alot though.

Hmm. You guys can see a good bit of my personality by reading my posts here, what do you think? Label me!