End of the school year burn-out

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

End of the school year burn-out

Post by Anubis »

the summer is about 1 1/2 months away and i am tired emotionaly and mentaly. I losing interst in things that i'm usually excited about like the forum. And drawing!!!!! :cry: the stress of the year is wearing me out! and i can't wait for summer vacation. to chill and relax, and not do school work!

at least when untill summer school starts!!! :cryeyesout: I'm 4 whole credits behind!!!! ((that's 4 full year classes or 16 packets worth!!!))

i hate high school i can't wait when i'm done with it!
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I have three weeks of school left (college)....man am I looking forward to a break! I'm going to take some summer classes, but it won't be nearly as rough as the regular semester is.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I envy you. I'm temporarily out of school (college) because I don't have any money for it (but I've ranted about that enough, so I'll stop here).

Best of wishes -- enjoy the Summer.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I know what you mean Anubis. With the end of classes in two weeks, I still have a total of 4 six+ page papers due for various classes. :read2: Just be sure to keep something in mind that you are looking forward to and that helps me keep chugging along. For me, I just think of all the parties I am planning on having up at my ranch with friends. Find something big like this that you have planned for the summer and keep it in mind that you have to get through this stuff in order to get there. That is what I do when I feel burned out. Hope it helps :wink:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Ah, yes, the end-of-school burn-out. Definitely been there.

Just last week, I did my last work shifts. Took bloody forever.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Sigh... at the end of my senior year, but i can't look forward to graduating. Too many stories of how spoiled i've been growing up, how hard i'll be hit in the real world, about how tough life is...

doesn't help any that i'm practicly my uncle's clone, and he tried to kill himself twice shortly after graduating highschool.... took forever to get a collage degree... is over 40 and still doesn't have a decent job...

my mom's half of the family seems to think i'll follow is footsteps print by print, and is always hounding me about how unprepaired for the world i am.

...one of the reasons i'm looking to enlist. Mabye they'll all stop worrying about me so much. (or at least i wont have to listen to it every day)
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

AHAHAH!
I know how all of you feel because I'm losing my mind.

<RANT>

I work in a lab for 12-16 hours out of my day. By work I mean I am an UNDERGRADUATE SLAVE... I am a double major in Anthropology and Environmental Studies.

What is Anthropology? Anthropology is the study of humans. It entitles four sub-categories of study that intermingle constantly: Cultural Anthropology, Linguistical Anthropology, Physical/Biological Anthropology, and, last but not least, Archeology.

My concentration is in the study of between Cultural Anthropology and Archeology (Yes, digging holes) under the wonderful supervision of my advisor and friend, Professor John Vetter, EPA's National Expert on Archeology. (I just like righting that last part because he's a cool guy)...

I skitter in at around 7am usually, after my morning 6am cigarette and seven gagillion cups of French Vanilla Cappacino.

I bug the professor for several moments and then end up waiting until the annoying other lab partner/assistant shows up. My day is then inevitably crushed by five gallon pails of oyster, clam and scallop shell, mingling with some gastropods, all on trays sifted out by screening size... All of this is stuff being analysed by us, the Lab Slaves, who horde over mindless quantities of shell.

We seperate, weigh, record, record and record... We're backdated to stuff pulled out in 1987 from the 10,000 year old archeological Native American inhabited site that was never gone through.

And we got ONE WEEK of break this semester so my mind, in all its fluent capacity, is shutting down, one bloody nose at a time. Yes, with the dust quantity in the work area rampant cups of blood from the blood spitting nose are usual.

This is my hell. Add on top of that my lab assistant, who is not my friend just an associate mind you, tells me of every minute, completely useless detail of her life in India. And wonderful as India is, and as wonderful as it sounds: I DO NOT CARE.

But for 12 hours a day I am subjected to the laborous, tedious, completely incomprehensive damnation that is my circle of hell.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am thinking of uptaking something besides cloves, and coffee as a drug habit. Maybe perscription pain killers would easy my day...

OR, just maybe, summer break could stop me from chewing my own hands off so I don't ever have to touch another shellfish ever again (unless I am going to eat it... I still like to eat the nummy shellfishies)...

</RANT>
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Wow.

See, i'm beginning to treat my classes the way i do my books, so long as i memorise most of the material, i don't really mind it. but work? i'd have straight A's if we didn't have homework!

Thankfully i'm going to go for art.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Ink wrote:
(Yes, digging holes)

Add on top of that my lab assistant, who is not my friend just an associate mind you, tells me of every minute, completely useless detail of her life in India. And wonderful as India is, and as wonderful as it sounds: I DO NOT CARE.
These two statements made me :lol:
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Heh, lab stress makes for some funny commentary. That's the tip of the berg of this crap. I could write a humerous novel on this crap.

I mean, the b**** spent 30 minutes talking about popcorn in India on Monday because I brought popcorn into the lab.

THIRTY MINUTES TALKING ABOUT POPCORN,
but not just popcorn... NO... Popcorn in INDIA... like it makes it more important.

How her mom, in India, makes popcorn. How there's this guy that makes popcorn, in India. How it's so cool the popcorn in India. The India and the Popcorn. Popcorn is amazing, in India.

India.
India.
India.
India.
India.

AHHH! *Breaks*
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Jeah, well, can't say my worries are nothing compared to others.

But I still have 2 stories and a literature essay to be done inside this week. And I was gone only for two days (and it was permissioned! Went to north with family to meet relatives)....
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Sometimes international students can be so...oblivious.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm too busy to get burned out!

Normally I'd be plenty sick of it all by now, but I haven't had the time to dwell on it lately. On the bright side, I'm much better at cramming a lot of things into my day now.

On a slightly unrelated note, I picked up my commencement gear this morning. I never bothered walking for my high school diploma or my associate's degrees (I didn't really consider them significant achievements), but my family really seems to expect it this time. I suppose Magna Cum Laude is significant enough, but I still feel like I'm just jumping through the academic hoops. Maybe that's why they call the degree 'B.S.'

-- Vilkacis
Ink
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ink »

Renorei wrote:Sometimes international students can be so...oblivious.
She's not even FROM India. She's from Chicago - she was born in Chicago! ARGH! She summers in India...

*Twitches*
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

then politely tell her to shut up. she may have a right to blab about India if she was born there and talking about it to combat home sickness. but if she's not it's obnoxious like if some rich A-hole bragging about skiing in the Alps and summering in italy or what ever!!! :roll: these kind of people i hate! People bragging about stuff to make them selves feel supirior. these people need to be shot!!!!

((whoops heading into a rant, back to topic))
Just tell her to can it! School is bad enouf you shouldn't have to tollerate mindless talk from an idiot that need to brag to feel better about her self.
THE GAME

My Armory
Ink
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ink »

Anubis wrote: School is bad enouf you shouldn't have to tollerate mindless talk from an idiot that need to brag to feel better about her self.
Ditto.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Heh, call me crazy, yet I actually really dislike the end of the School year.

I mean, though I'm not the most fond of school, I do prefer it to sitting home alone on the computer all day for three months. School gives me something to do, and allows me to meet my friends and Teachers (who tend to be my friends, also.).

Also, because next year I'm going to Highschool, and I'll be seperated (yet again) from most my friends.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Ink
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ink »

Outwarddoodles, I think I understand where you are coming from.

Summer, for a lot of people, is displacing. And the second you are settled something else occurs, like the start of the school year to make you displaced again.

I get that a lot especially when my life goes from studies to back home on the farm in 6-9 hours. Nagging parents and batteries are included.

We either adjust or fall behind - and neither are often comfortable... so I get where you are coming from. Very much so, in fact.

Though I still am going slightly insane... Finals pressures and all. I just want these specific classes to be over so I can start on a new game of things.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

I know what you mean about seeing friends and such, but since I moved schools anyway, I dont really care much for going.
As for the Parties I get to sit at home and listn to all my friends telling me about them cose Im too " untrusted" to go out :roll:

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I DONT WANT THE SCHOOL YEAR TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol:

J/k. no but this year has been one of the best years of my life. Some of the cool people I met I won't see agien next year cause thier seniors. its sad really. :( . But to be honest, I am pretty exausted from all the work, But I cant let my will down just because its the end of the school year. I still got an F in english which I am trying to raise up.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image