What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Silent Hill series

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

I agree that Silent Hill is scarier but Resident Evil has plenty of awesome action. I say in their owns ways both of them are equally good.
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Never played Silent Hill, but I'm working on it :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

I would have to say Silent Hill is rather better cause I'm not into games that don't scare me, unlike Silent Hill. Aww man that game scared the hell outta me a few times and still does when I play it in the dark and when I'm alone.
"lolis"
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

OK I got all the silent hill games. Currently working on SH2. Love it so far.

Oh and a friend showed me this, so I thought I would share it here: http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/334798

:lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I just got Silent hill 2 for PC this week. Best thing about the PC version is that you can save anywhere at anytime you want. And you can review all the movies youve seen so far.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

As far as the horror element is concerned, Silent Hill is the king hands down. The concept behind Resident Evil is fairly simple: everything is the product of a virus, which limits the fright factor to just gore and things jumping out at you. Silent Hill, on the other hand, has the fog and the radio; you don't see the monsters until their practically on top of you because of the low visibility, but you're given a radio that will emmit white noise whenever a monster is near. That ads anxiety and paranoia to the element.

Plus, Silent Hill is psychological. If you look at the Wikipedia list of Silent Hill Monsters, almost all of them are psychologically representative. On top of having to fight for your life, it's disturbing to think that all this is because of the torment an otherwise ordinary human being had to endure.

So yeah, Silent Hill all the way for me.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Don't forget to mention the music-score, wich is probably the best and most freaky ambient-keyboard tunes you could get in a horror-game.

:D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The problem Im having with silent hill 2 right now is that I only experienced one really pop out scare.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Silent Hill isn't really about small scares, but its more about the whole atmosphere of the game. There are some 'quiet' parts in the game though. Can you mention were you are right now in Silent Hill 2? I might now it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im at the second apartment complex. I saw a clip of ed throwing up and the one lady with the kitchen kniife about facing the mirror, now I got to find some coins to put on this box.
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Oh, i'm there too. I only have one coin though.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Haha, that part is kinda lame. Probably the lamest part of the game. Just find the damn coins (they should be rather easy to find), and the game should progress again. Did you already fight Piramide Head?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I encountered him. (while hiding in a closet and shooting some caps at him from there)
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Ohh that part. You haven't even reached 25% of the game yet, I figure. :P When you encounter him again, you'll have to beat the s*** out of him. Or at least try to do so. :D
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I was told to......RUN THE HELL AWAY from him if I ever saw him.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »