Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

thx anook for this

Post by Lukas »

http://st.aemilian.tripod.com/projects/ ... imalwk.htm
she did this a long time for school and i was browsing teh fourms so I checked it out and choose teh wolf and cat cause i liked those animals the most and what do you know there discription are dead on for my charecteristics, espiclly the wolf charecteristics is 85% of how i act and i think thats great :D :wiggle:
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

interesting :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Unfortantly for that page there are lots of pop ups.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

THE WOLF

Wolf Feared and hated by men the world over, the mighty wolf has been plagued by all forms of evil stories, myths and legends. Hunted, trapped and killed to the point of extinction, many of these majestic animals are gone forever — their breeds and blood lines never to be seen again.

In spite of the many horror stories of wolves hunting, tracking and killing humans, no such event has ever been confirmed. Their eerie and lonely howl, which can make the blood run cold, is merely their form of communication. Each howl, with its tone, depth, length and frequency carries a different message to the pack, or to the partner who is out of sight. They're merely "talking". If you carry wolf medicine, here are some characteristics that sound familiar to you:

You are fiercely loyal — to friends, family, ideals and principles. There is no compromise for you.

You are very territorial. You protect all that is yours and your family's at any expense. You are fearless in your protection, but not reckless. You plan your strategy carefully, and wait for the opportune moment for most powerful effect.

You have a strong family structure. There is no doubt who the elders, patriarchs and parents are, or about their roles in the family structure. Disobedience, selfishness and unruly behavior is not tolerated as there are strong boundaries for the young. They are taught well and carefully so that they may assume leadership roles in their own family structures.

You have an unrelenting sense of adventure. You love to explore new things, to stretch out for new horizons. You have a thirst for knowledge and for learning new things. You are eager to share these things, which makes you a natural teacher. Your adventures may take you away from home and family, but it is important that you have this base of security to return to.

You have an unrelenting need to be alone. You are so busy being the protector, the provider, the teacher, and the trailblazer, that it's very easy for you to become exhausted and burned out. In order to re-charge your spirit, and keep your balance, it is critical that you have time to be alone with your thoughts and your own sense of self. This is one side of your nature that must not be overlooked. Even if you lock yourself in the bathroom for 15 minutes a day, the time alone must be honored if you are to have value to those you care for.

Wolf is power. Wolf is honor. Wolf is integrity. Brother Wolf; Sister Wolf — I honor you

^im telling you those traits are so true for me its scary but cool 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Some of those traits are true about me, I say about 40% of that wolf traits I have. Im gonna have to find some other animal I can relate to.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Coyote
Coyote represents the 2 sides of every coin, every issue, every situation (including ourselves), and urges us to examine all the facts before we take a position or offer an opinion. Coyote is duality in everything: wisdom and folly; humor and seriousness; work and play; simplicity and complications — the wise fool. He is the living paradox at the heart of all things. He is here to teach us the value of living and walking in balance. Coyote also uses humor to cover sadness, pain, loneliness, and deep emotions. His laughter many times has an hysterical quality to it for, if challenged, he will burst into tears. Coyote will play the fool to get a laugh, and he is the one with the lampshade on his head at a party.

Wolf
You are fiercely loyal — to friends, family, ideals and principles. There is no compromise for you. You are very territorial. You protect all that is yours and your family's at any expense. You are fearless in your protection, but not reckless. You plan your strategy carefully, and wait for the opportune moment for most powerful effect. You have an unrelenting sense of adventure. You love to explore new things, to stretch out for new horizons. You have a thirst for knowledge and for learning new things. You are eager to share these things, which makes you a natural teacher. Your adventures may take you away from home and family, but it is important that you have this base of security to return to. You have an unrelenting need to be alone. You are so busy being the protector, the provider, the teacher, and the trailblazer, that it's very easy for you to become exhausted and burned out. In order to re-charge your spirit, and keep your balance, it is critical that you have time to be alone with your thoughts and your own sense of self. This is one side of your nature that must not be overlooked.[/size]

Dog
If you are a dog lover, you are saying that your loyalty and devotion to your family and friends is endless. You will fight against all odds to protect them. You also find your greatest satisfaction in life when you are being of service to others — the helping hand — the friend in need. You are practicing the true "giveaway" for you ask nothing in return for your good deeds. You also like to be "scratched behind the ears". A kind word, a loving cuddle, a small act of kindness means more to you than diamonds and expensive gifts. The way to your heart is through kindness - not material rewards.

I took out the traits that most describe me out of the three animals that caught my eye. Now as for percent-wise:
50% Wolf
25% Dog
25% Coyote
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

:o The wolf one is almost exactly like me! Freaky!
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I never like these things, they were always to vauge, but I do, however, like the Fox deffinition 8)
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Well, they're vague, but so far, the following match me exactly: Badger, Coyote, Dog, Eagle, Fox, Otter, and Wolf. Granted, not all of them precisely at the same time, but they're all definitely there.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

You can have more than three?
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

it read this: it is believed that each of us is born with 9 animals who bring teachings and messages for greater understanding and insights for our benefit throughout our lifetime. Two of those animals are permanent and never leave us; they are our primary totems — sometimes called Power Animals. We usually know these animals by instinct because we are especially attracted to them throughout our lives. They are not necessarily exotic animals, but can be anything from the animal, bird or reptile families. Sometimes we may even dream about them.

so you have only 2 main anaimals that make up the most of your personialty and the other 7 are not as important :P
im am 85% wolf and 15% cat based on teh fact it says the 2 main animals that are your are based on instic and are attracted to them throughout our lives and i checked teh starts and it matchs my personiality mostly :D so yeah
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Hmmm
Ok then, let me refraise what I though I was.
I think I'm 45% Coyote and 55%Wolf.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i was looking around that page, and if i had to guess, my two animals were wolf and squirrel. i'd sya i was about 40% squirrel and 60% wolf. they both sounded a lot like me, but the wolf one was more accurate than the squirrel one.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

The Wonderful, Powerful, Mysterious Cat

Don't sell the domesticated cat short, for there is hardly a culture in folklore that does not have cats as symbols for something. In Egypt, they were given special privileges, and even their goddess Bast is shown as a cat, or with a cat's head. The temple cats wore heavily jewelled collars, and were treated like royalty.

In Scandinavia, the cat stood for fertility, and for the Hindu, it was the symbol for childbirth.

Cats are fiercely independent. You never own one. It allows you to take care of it and spoil it and love it — but — only on its terms. They come and go as they please, when they please. Their wonderfully expressive faces tell you at a glance what they're thinking.

Traits usually associated with cats are curiosity, many lives, cleverness, unpredictability, healing and witchcraft since in ancient times it was believed that witches took the form of their cats at night.

If a cat adopts you, it may very well stay with you forever. It's not unusual to find the spirit of a cat still attached to its owner even after the animal has passed on. Even when they are alive, they are notorious for astral travel because they have to know what's going on.

If you're away from your cat, and you can still feel its presence, it's probably there with you. Nosey!

If you're a cat person, then you have magic and mystery in your life, you're independent and probably a "free thinker" even if you don't admit it, and you like the night; probably feel energized at night. You will stay with a person or situation until it bores you, and then you're gone. You have a great talent for organizing things, but probably hate the nitty-gritty paper pushing to keep it going. Non-cat people can do that.
zomg, that's me! :o
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

They are not necessarily exotic animals, but can be anything from the animal, bird or reptile families. Sometimes we may even dream about them.
:? Anyone else see something weird about that quote? :lol:

---

Im not sure they make up one's personality. I think they are there to give lessons, whatever your personality is. So if you're not independent for example, then the independent cat spirit is there to teach you that all your life. But that's just my believe :D

---

I did dream walking excersizes years ago. And suprise suprise, the wolf and the cat. But I dream about a lot of things. Going by these though...

I feel the cat is trying to teach me independence...despite my age, I'm not very independent sometimes. Also boldness. Although I do get bored of people very easily...Im just way too nice to assert myself to be gone when I'd rather be gone.

I think the cat may be trying to teach me to be more organised (Im not very at all) and also to be a bit more arrogant...not in a bad way, but just more assertive. For a guitarist who has to solo onstage a lot, Im not an arrogant person by nature, but to make my way in the music world, I might need to learn to be assertive.

And my cat, well he's an assertive being, no suprises there. He asserts his presence all around the street I live. (I mean my physical cat, not my spirit cat).

As for the wolf, lets see what he or she needs to teach me...not loyalty, because Im 100% loyal. Actually the wolf is me all over.

- I need to be alone a lot. I am not really a pack creature, unless its my family. But I need to be alone more than with anyone
- I'm actually a teacher by trade! (Guitar)
- I'm extremely sensitive to heirarchy, in my family, (Which includes two of my friends), in all groups I am with...anywhere there are groups of people and animals
- I am loyal
- I get bored easily so am adventurous
- Territorial. Do NOT mess with my family.

.... And if anybody laid a hand or paw on my guitar...I'd kill them. Okay that's extreme, but I'd be extremely angry. I get anxious when people walk into my personal space, anywhere I have personal things. If I dislike someone I hate them in my territory. I'm too nice to be overly defensive, but I can be defensive. Im not really a leader figure though. But I will observe carefully if my rights are being ditched out the window. If they are, then I prefer to work alone than to lead or be abused in a group (I have been in the past...with the feline there to teach me to be assertive, maybe I won't have so many problems!!)

-----

Of course, nothing can really determine your personality but nature and nurture. There are LOTS of traits of other animals there that are me. For example I am very giving, too giving, like the dog. I'm a crazy joker and humourous person too.

The only reason I've picked cat and wolf, is because that is what my dream showed me, and they have been chosen to guide me. The cat was in the form of a black lion and doesn't occur as often as the wolf, and can occur as any type of cat. But the cat makes his or her presence known in other ways than dreams, as does the wolf. But many animals have been present for me.

:howl:  :oo
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

there are 2 main animals that you are similar too, and then there are an additional 7 that are also like you, just not as important.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

wolf.. :)
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

White Paw wrote:wolf.. :)
and?...