Beta
48%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
41%

Total votes: 27

White Paw

pack rank structure

Post by White Paw »

kind of makes me start thinking......with all the chat about post count and how long weve been here and how old the pack is and all......what are the "official" ranks of everybody.... like whom are the Alphas and the betas and the omegas and so fourth..

i know Fig. and AB would definately be Alphas but.......whats the rest..??

im just wondering ......or thinking out loud..either way im curious to see what everyones reactions are :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Not a good idea. I've been a part of a community that implemented ranks before. The people with higher ranks became egotistic and were disliked by others because of it. That broke up the entire group into inactivity. I would hate to see a repeat.
Last edited by Kaebora on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well i dont want to start noth i was just curious.....maybe i should get rid of it? ?
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Dont sweat it. Its just my past experiance with ranks that I'm mentioning. Why do you want to impliment ranks?
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

This issue has been discussed before.

http://thepack.network/thepackboard/viewtopic.php?t=705

Not very much came from it. Turns out no one has ranks at all.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

oh..i dont really want to implement ranks...but being as how this is a pack and we all do act like wolves or, like in my case, are wolf therians..i was curious what if .....

what would everybody feel that there rank would be..... how would they fit in a pack ranking structure or whom do they feel is what??

this is just a simple curiousity of mine...i dont mean any harm or disruption of friendships by it wha so ever... :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:This issue has been discussed before.

http://thepack.network/thepackboard/viewtopic.php?t=705

Not very much came from it. Turns out no one has ranks at all.

ahh...i see...bUt this is kind of different ...like in a real wolf pack there are alphas , betas, and so on all the way to the omegas....i was curious whom might be whom.? ?
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Didn't vote. don't like titles like that. They lead to everybody wantin' to be the Alpha....Like in Reservoir Dogs. Either everybody chooses the name "Mr. Black", or they get stuck with somethin' like "Mr. Pink."

Besides, ain't AB the de facto alpha, since he is the proverbial Founder of the Feast?
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Alright ............... you know what ..forget it ...just erase the thread.... :(
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

No no no. Its a ligitimate subject. You're just getting some negetive opinions at first. I have my reasons to say no to the idea, but others may disagree. Don't get depressed if other people's opinions point to the contrary. We all have our own points of view. Disagreement can open up room for debate and discussion which leads to progress. You have to hear the counter-point of every idea. It's just the nature of the way it works when ideas are made public.
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:No no no. Its a ligitimate subject. You're just getting some negetive opinions at first. I have my reasons to say no to the idea, but others may disagree. Don't get depressed if other people's opinions point to the contrary. We all have our own points of view. Disagreement can open up room for debate and discussion which leads to progress. You have to hear the counter-point of every idea. It's just the nature of the way it works when ideas are made public.

your very right.....i just..dont want to get on others bad sides...and because of that ive been really .....reserved on a lot of posting lately..... :(
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Don't worry White Paw. So long as we treat it as a fun hypothetical scenario we shouldn't have any problems. :)

So to get this topic headed in a better direction, I'll start.
If I was a wolf(which implies that I would have an interest in following a social structure, which I, as my rebellious kitty self, do not :lol: ), if I was a wolf and part of a pack, I believe I would be a beta. I have been told I have alpha qualities, but I have no interest in being a leader. I don't feel like I have the skills to do so or the energy to make sure everything is running smoothly. But neither do I submit to anyone "just because". I will only follow a leader if I believe he/she is in the right. If my implied 'superior' is leading poorly, I will challenge him.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, man. don;t worry bout it, wp. i mean, it's jus a simple question.

if i was to guess my postition in the pack and give reasons why, i would prolly have to say the same thing as pariah, 'cept the whole being a kitty thing. i'm wolf, through and through.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'm not an Alpha, a Beta, an Omega or any letter in between either...

...I'm not even a letter...I'm the Apostrophe ( ' ) of the Pack.

I have no idea where that puts me, but that is what I am. Image
( It's actually a bit of an inside joke between my siblings and I. Don't worry...you are not supposed to understand... )

I have to agree that I don't think it would be wise to grant official ranks like that to any members. I don't see any possible good coming from it, but alot of potential bad.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i think he was just asking how you see yourself. Nothing serious. geez. sometimes you guys take things to seriously/litterally

*omega. not really active enough.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Z wrote:lolz

Z = OMEGA

omegas an awesome word
It's not a word it's a letter too. http://info.uah.edu/student_life/organi ... /omega.gif

trust me on this one
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:
Z wrote:lolz

Z = OMEGA

omegas an awesome word
It's not a word it's a letter too. http://info.uah.edu/student_life/organi ... /omega.gif

trust me on this one
Fenrir is right. "Omega" is a letter beyond Z in the Greek Alphabet. ...it is the real last letter.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ya, way way beyond Z(eta) which is like the fifth letter
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well I think there would be more than just three ranks. And noobs are always omegas! :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Omega for me, despite my post count. I don't feel any higher than that, even doing that poster competition gave me the shivers until Anthony said it was okay to do. I think if I met anyone from here, I'd wait until I was talked to. I'm also dreadfully shy in new situations, even online! Took me a long time to get anywhere on here, but I still feel (no fault of anyone's) very low in the ranks here. I think in any circumstance it can take months, years, to gain any status. But in real life, for me, the first impression within the first week (in any group situation), ranks are determined and usually kept that way, in a sort of sense. If I'd been the first into a real life group, or any online group, I might feel inclined to be equal or alpha (alpha if I owned the website, equal if it were a band I'd formed) whereas if I join later, I'm inclined to be much more submissive. I should probably point out that I also don't follow blindly, being fairly eccentric, individual, different. I don't conform easily at all but am not aggressive about my beliefs.

That's fine with me however, I'm not complaining or anything :D you guys are great and I'm not used to being alpha or beta anyway.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

PariahPoet wrote:
If I was a wolf(which implies that I would have an interest in following a social structure, which I, as my rebellious kitty self, do not :lol: ), if I was a wolf and part of a pack, I believe I would be a beta. I have been told I have alpha qualities, but I have no interest in being a leader. I don't feel like I have the skills to do so or the energy to make sure everything is running smoothly. But neither do I submit to anyone "just because". I will only follow a leader if I believe he/she is in the right. If my implied 'superior' is leading poorly, I will challenge him.
Wow! :o That's ME all over. Will fight for my beliefs but am quite happy just chugging along. Beta it is for me! :D
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Still haven't voted. Still don't like being tied down by titles. I'd be the rogue wolf, the one who may join a pack for a time, but comes and goes as he chooses.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

MoonKit wrote:Well I think there would be more than just three ranks. And noobs are always omegas! :lol:

i had a fourth option there but i guesss it didnt show up.. :?

i had said other please elaborate... :)
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kanibal »

I dont know about ranks though I'd probebly be an omega. But the system we have that works off post counts seems to run out very quickly considering the number of people that are legendery.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Z wrote:"omega" also means "the end". and "Z" is the end of the english alpabet.
Z in the greek alphabet is Zeta. Omega is something else.
-Kaebora