Gah! Stupid newbie questions!

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Wolfess
Pack Member
Pack Member

Gah! Stupid newbie questions!

Post by Wolfess »

:oops: Hi there... I'm a newbie! Anywoof, I love werewolves and I admire you people making a proper movie (right?) about them. Well, I have a few questions about the werewolves you are creating - how they're gonna be.

??
1) Can your werewolves transform when they wish to? I kinda don't like the idea that people only turn into werewolves in full moon - it's getting old.

2) Will the werewolves be evil? Like, they can't recognize their own friends and just kill everything around them? (example, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", "Van Helsing"). I hate when people potray werewolves like this- it gives wolves worse repitation than they already have.

3) Is this going to be an animated movie?

Heh, sorry. Just asking. :)
"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
~ Gerald Hausman
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Gah! Stupid newbie questions!

Post by Howling Fan »

Wolfess wrote::oops: Hi there... I'm a newbie! Anywoof, I love werewolves and I admire you people making a proper movie (right?) about them. Well, I have a few questions about the werewolves you are creating - how they're gonna be.

??
1) Can your werewolves transform when they wish to? I kinda don't like the idea that people only turn into werewolves in full moon - it's getting old.

2) Will the werewolves be evil? Like, they can't recognize their own friends and just kill everything around them? (example, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", "Van Helsing"). I hate when people potray werewolves like this- it gives wolves worse repitation than they already have.

3) Is this going to be an animated movie?

Heh, sorry. Just asking. :)

I'll take care of this, guys.
Most of your questions can be answered by browsing this forum, but I'll answer them one by one anyway:

1) Yes, experienced WWs in this movie can TF by will alone, not just by the moon. However, WWs are forced to shift in the moonlight, whether they want to or not. I believe there might be one TF involving the moon in "Freeborn"; I'm not sure.

2) No, not all the WWs will be evil. Most will be good, since they are the main characters. However, a person's humanity dictates their wolfy nature; i.e., evil guy is an evil WW, good guy is a good WW, and so on.

3) No, this will not be an animated movie, unless you count some CGI work in the TFs as "animated." As a side note, in case you were wondering, most of the TFs will involve a lot of prosthetics, the "old-fashioned" way of doing a TF, like "The Howling" and "AWIL." However, CGI will be used to enhance effects that are near impossible to do with prosthetics, i.e., ears twitching, eyes changing color, fur bristling, etc.

Hope this answers your questions.
Wolfess
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Wolfess »

First of all: Thanks a lot. This really helped. I like this movie even more now. :D I forgot to ask about the old silver-bullet-through-the-heart myth. Will this be used in the movie? And what will the time be? I mean in this century or somewhere in the year of 1400? :?
"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
~ Gerald Hausman
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Wolfess wrote:First of all: Thanks a lot. This really helped. I like this movie even more now. :D I forgot to ask about the old silver-bullet-through-the-heart myth. Will this be used in the movie? And what will the time be? I mean in this century or somewhere in the year of 1400? :?

silver through the heart? Hmmmmmm....maybe....maybe not. I think a regular bullet can kill off these werewolves if its fatal enough.

As for time.......this century, decade, year, down to the very second!!

and welcome to The Pack
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Wolfess wrote:First of all: Thanks a lot. This really helped. I like this movie even more now. :D I forgot to ask about the old silver-bullet-through-the-heart myth. Will this be used in the movie? And what will the time be? I mean in this century or somewhere in the year of 1400? :?
Same time frame, and silver will kill a Werewolf, just like any bullet will if it hits the right spot. :wink:

Shot to the heart would kill it if its silver or if its lead. :|
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

mmm lead hurts and its heavy....as for silver meh its kool

a question of my own can aWW only be huirt by silver if it penetrates the skin or into a open wound or just on contact?

Wolfess
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Wolfess »

silverpaw wrote:mmm lead hurts and its heavy....as for silver meh its kool

a question of my own can aWW only be huirt by silver if it penetrates the skin or into a open wound or just on contact?
Yeah... And how will the werewolves look like? I don't like the werewolf in The Prisoner of Azkaban... I dunno, he looked kinda odd. Skinny and funny legs. :shift:
The werewolves in Van Helsing looked good. I like the idea that the werewolf's pelt will be the same color as your hair - that's interesting. But they didn't have tails, did they? I like them with tails! :lol:
I think of werewolves like dear Goldenwolf draw anthros... Heh... I'm a huge fan. :D

Maybe you haven't decided yet?
~ Gerald Hausman
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I beleive they would look much like how Goldie, and much other werewolf artist and fans, draws them.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Wolfess wrote:
silverpaw wrote:mmm lead hurts and its heavy....as for silver meh its kool

Yeah... And how will the werewolves look like? I don't like the werewolf in The Prisoner of Azkaban... I dunno, he looked kinda odd. Skinny and funny legs. :shift:
The werewolves in Van Helsing looked good. I like the idea that the werewolf's pelt will be the same color as your hair - that's interesting. But they didn't have tails, did they? I like them with tails! :lol:
I think of werewolves like dear Goldenwolf draw anthros... Heh... I'm a huge fan. :D

Maybe you haven't decided yet?
...heh. Yet another 'Goldie' fan. There are alot of those here...Plus GoldenWolf herself makes occasional appearances on the board.

I don't recall if any final decisions about silver and it's effect, (or lack therof), on Werewolves.

TAILS on the other hand are a definate GO. Image

Here it is confirmed In "Silvers Corner".

The decision has been completely unanimous whenever it has been Discussed. The polls are in...Werewolves Should have Tails. Image

VH werewolf=Cool.

HP:POA werewolf=Ugly.

...yup. That sounds about right.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Wolfess
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Wolfess »

outwarddoodles wrote:I beleive they would look much like how Goldie, and much other werewolf artist and fans, draws them.
Ah, that sounds wonderful. :femshft
~ Gerald Hausman
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Wolfess wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:I beleive they would look much like how Goldie, and much other werewolf artist and fans, draws them.
Ah, that sounds wonderful. :femshft
The Art Director of Freeborn is Timothy Albee, (Creator of "Kaze: Ghost Warrior"). Here is a Werewolf Painting by Tim that was shown off a while back. Although the werewolves in the film surely won't look exactly like this...

Not too shabby, eh?...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

oooh thats a kool pic not shabby at all. yes over here another fan of goldenwolfens art :lol: it rules it insoired me to start drawing but i sucked so now i draw little cartoon guys for flash animations :lol:

silver is shiny :o

HP werewolf was sooo bad

i liked the one in VH it was sweet

Wolfess
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Wolfess »

:o Not shabby at all! It's beautiful... shhowl

Uhm... Another thing that has troubled my mind.... Will the werewolves be eating people? I mean, wolves don't eat people.
Sometimes they kill if they are rabid (of course, with rabies, anyone could kill), or protecting their pups (every wolf mother would die to save her pups) or as the very last resort. But some humans eat people.... :hsup
Will the werewolves do that? Wouldn't it be some sort of cannibalism?
~ Gerald Hausman
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I dont think anybody knows that one. Its a script thing. Seems like a villan/crazy WW could do that.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing that :x lck
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Wolfess wrote::o Not shabby at all! It's beautiful... shhowl

Uhm... Another thing that has troubled my mind.... Will the werewolves be eating people? I mean, wolves don't eat people.
Sometimes they kill if they are rabid (of course, with rabies, anyone could kill), or protecting their pups (every wolf mother would die to save her pups) or as the very last resort. But some humans eat people.... :hsup
Will the werewolves do that? Wouldn't it be some sort of cannibalism?
Honestly, the original title of this film (before the old script was totally scrapped and the project was Rewolfed/ Overhowled, [old joke...never mind.Image]), was "DEVOURED", and it DID involve the werewolves eating people. To my knowlage, I don't think any human flesh will be consumed in the NEW film "Freeborn",(though I don't know that for certain), but there will be violence and maulings at some point.

There will be several Werewolves in the film and ,as I understand it, though most of them will be the "good guys" for the most part, at least One of them will go berzerk.

:x

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: There will be several Werewolves in the film and ,as I understand it, though most of them will be the "good guys" for the most part, at least One of them will go berzerk.

:x

Lets hope everyone else doesn't think Freeborn is a weak film if werewolves are the "good guys." Normally, werewolves falls under the horror catagory. There are some horror fans out there that likes to see werewolves rip humans apart. Who knows if we'll see that in Freeborn. There should be some elements in Freeborn that'll please all types of werewolf fans. Whether its horror, being a good guy, ETC.

There shouldn't be any werewolves eating humans since the majority here disapproves of it. That and wall climbing. We don't want none of that.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah, we're trying to discourage the "werewolves are bloody monsters that deserve to be shot" vioewpoint.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote: There are some horror fans out there that likes to see werewolves rip humans apart. Who knows if we'll see that in Freeborn. There should be some elements in Freeborn that'll please all types of werewolf fans. Whether its horror, being a good guy, ETC.
I think Brownrigg said something about some 'bad' WWs killing a bunch of humans t one point. Not sure though where it was said, or the exact words. Memory's gone fuzzy.

:P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:
Figarou wrote: There are some horror fans out there that likes to see werewolves rip humans apart. Who knows if we'll see that in Freeborn. There should be some elements in Freeborn that'll please all types of werewolf fans. Whether its horror, being a good guy, ETC.
I think Brownrigg said something about some 'bad' WWs killing a bunch of humans t one point. Not sure though where it was said, or the exact words. Memory's gone fuzzy.

I remember that as well. Where its posted, I do not know. To lazy to do a search
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: Whatt's lazier is not even doing one at all.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote::lol: Whatt's lazier is not even doing one at all.
True.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Aki wrote:I think Brownrigg said something about some 'bad' WWs killing a bunch of humans t one point. Not sure though where it was said, or the exact words. Memory's gone fuzzy.

I don't remember it ever being stated that a werewolf is going to kill somebody, but I do remember him stating that there would be one obviously good guy, one obviously bad guy, and one guy that will creep us out and yet at the same time draw us to him.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a few people get killed, but the only thing I know for sure in terms of actual actions in the movie is that a duckie will somehow be implemented.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Aki wrote:I think Brownrigg said something about some 'bad' WWs killing a bunch of humans t one point. Not sure though where it was said, or the exact words. Memory's gone fuzzy.

I don't remember it ever being stated that a werewolf is going to kill somebody, but I do remember him stating that there would be one obviously good guy, one obviously bad guy, and one guy that will creep us out and yet at the same time draw us to him.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a few people get killed, but the only thing I know for sure in terms of actual actions in the movie is that a duckie will somehow be implemented.

yup, duckies will be implemented.

*werewolf-1 sits on couch then hears a squeaky noise*

*reaches under cushions and pulls out a duckie*

Werewolf-1 "What is this doing here?"

Werewolf-2 "Oh!! There it is!! I was looking all over for that!"

*Werewolf-2 grabs it and tosses it at werewolf-3's head*

Werewolf-3 "What was that for?"

Werewolf-2 "Thats for losing my duckie!!" :duckie
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »