How New Werewolves walk

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
AJ
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

How New Werewolves walk

Post by AJ »

I believe that those who have just changed into a werewolf should maybe have a bit of a difficult time walking on their hinds when they walk on two feet, since they are use to their human (or human form) feet.

Any thoughts on that idea?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: How New Werewolves walk

Post by Figarou »

AJ wrote:I believe that those who have just changed into a werewolf should maybe have a bit of a difficult time walking on their hinds when they walk on two feet, since they are use to their human (or human form) feet.

Any thoughts on that idea?

I don't see much of a problem walking on hind legs for the newly transformed werewolf. If you stand on your tippie toes and walk, you can stay upright and balanced without tripping over yourself.

For a human to walk on all fours for the 1st time, thats a different story. The human must learn how to use the arms as legs. The human also needs to learn the rhythm of placing each paw on the ground. And how to use the tail when running at full speed for balance.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

that depends... i wou;dn't do too bad i neither role- i am used to walking on my tippy toes (it's ow i walk and run, usually) and also i've had plenty of pracive of all fours, using hands and feet. :P
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

I think the only problem they'd face is when they're running on all fours. I dunno why, but I nearly always picture a newly turned werewolf falling on their muzzle because they can't make their forepaws keep in rhythem with their hind legs.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Considering the first shift plants a WW in a FULL wolf form, they'd have some trouble moving at first, but would probably have things down by the time they foigure out how to use the Gestalt form.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

as i said, it depends o nthe person. someone who knows they've got lycanthropy may have ractived all fours or toe-walking proir to frist transformation, or it may just be something they can do.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

We already covered this in the werewolf abilities thread. Basically, a werewolf would have trouble walking because he would need to readjust to the sudden change in length in his legs and the altered posture of the werewolf. It wouldn't require loads of practice since the principles are just the same, but it would be auckward since they aren't the same legs he's been used to. My best possible comparrison would be to describe it as being like the way you walk when your legs are both asleep: you know how, but it takes a moment to get the feeling back into them.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah, you do have a point. while iif you'd done it before you'd havae a better feeling, it would definetly get you off balace. and, you'd have to account for the tial...
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Aki wrote:Considering the first shift plants a WW in a FULL wolf form, they'd have some trouble moving at first, but would probably have things down by the time they foigure out how to use the Gestalt form.
Dang! Wish I had said that!
:howl:  :oo
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Shadowblaze wrote:you'd have to account for the tial...
*nod-nods* The tail might not be that much of a problem at least in terms of walking. The werewolf form is big enough that the tail's purpose likely wouldn't be to keep the werewolf balanced, but no doubt in my mind the werewolf would have to get used to having one; he'd probably bump it against a few things during his first day or two (like Barf's tail always did to Lonestar's head in Spaceballs).
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Standing on your own four feet

Post by Scott Gardener »

There's several gaits to learn when ambulating about on all fours. There's a slow walk, ploding along one paw at a time in a four-beat step; there's the two-beat loping "pit-pat" that's a little faster and bouncier; and, there's the all-out run that's more of a gallop, where your feet stretch wide out and then draw up all together.

I get the impression, based on a mix of semi-lucid dreaming, imagination, and a curious habit I've developed of going upstairs on all fours (I still walk downstairs like a normal person), that these different gaits would be fairly easy to figure out, and that by the end of the first twelve hour forced shift, one would have them figured out. But, it would be tricky the first few hours.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd imagine it'd be tricky. Yet would have getting used too. Just controlling a whole new form would be an interesting challenge. Yet posibly if they take on more of a wolven mindset they would be more easeir into getting used to it.

Scott: As I was younger, and still a bit today, I used to walk up stairs all the time on all fours. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hehe, I'll go up the stairs on all fours as well. Especally if in a rush :)

I'd think that the first night as a wolf, one would have to get used to it. Wont be graceful and nimble, thats for sure. I think it would be difficult walking in gestalt form for the first time as well. Maybe fall over a couple times until they got the hang of it.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Standing on your own four feet

Post by ChaosWolf »

Scott Gardener wrote:...a curious habit I've developed of going upstairs on all fours (I still walk downstairs like a normal person...
Wow...you too? Here I was thinking I was the only one who did that... :oops:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Wow, that makes four of us. Thats really cewl, I started stop doing it because I looked silly. Proof yor never the only one.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

outwarddoodles wrote:Wow, that makes four of us. Thats really cewl, I started stop doing it because I looked silly. Proof yor never the only one.
Make that five. I've been running up the stairs on all fours since I was.... 7? It was a lot worse than though, I used to try and go down the stairs as well. Ended up tumbling head-over paws a few times and banging my skull against the counter that was at the end of the stairs. :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Scott Gardener wrote:... and a curious habit I've developed of going upstairs on all fours (I still walk downstairs like a normal person)
outwarddoodles wrote:As I was younger, and still a bit today, I used to walk up stairs all the time on all fours.
Silverclaw wrote:Hehe, I'll go up the stairs on all fours as well. Especally if in a rush
ChaosWolf wrote:Wow...you too? Here I was thinking I was the only one who did that...
outwarddoodles wrote:Wow, that makes four of us. Thats really cewl, I started stop doing it because I looked silly. Proof yor never the only one.
Wolfhanyou wrote:Make that five. I've been running up the stairs on all fours since I was.... 7? It was a lot worse than though, I used to try and go down the stairs as well. Ended up tumbling head-over paws a few times and banging my skull against the counter that was at the end of the stairs.
*Raises Paw* " ...make that Six." Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Vuldari wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:... and a curious habit I've developed of going upstairs on all fours (I still walk downstairs like a normal person)
outwarddoodles wrote:As I was younger, and still a bit today, I used to walk up stairs all the time on all fours.
Silverclaw wrote:Hehe, I'll go up the stairs on all fours as well. Especally if in a rush
ChaosWolf wrote:Wow...you too? Here I was thinking I was the only one who did that...
Wolfhanyou wrote:Make that five. I've been running up the stairs on all fours since I was.... 7? It was a lot worse than though, I used to try and go down the stairs as well. Ended up tumbling head-over paws a few times and banging my skull against the counter that was at the end of the stairs.
Seven. :P Or more like 6.5 since I live on a 1st floor apartment right now and under no circumstances will ever do that on campus. I used to go to a highschool that had enough textbooks to fill two backpacks, so my options were to go upstairs on all fours, or walk up the normal way and be ringing the bells at Notre Dame within a month.

Maybe that would be a trademark of the rookie werewolf. They would know how to walk, but the sudden shift in length and possibly structure would make them stumble a lot. Eventually, if they actually had a destination in their walking (as opposed to just practicing in their living room), they might just get fed up with trying to walk and finish the trip on all fours.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

It seems to me that the situation, whether it be two legs or four, would seems awkward at first, but it wouldn't be anything that an intelligent person couldn't figure out how to do in a short period of time. They might be just a bit clumsy at first, but the general idea shouldn't take more than a minute or so to get the hang of.
Terastas wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Seven. :P
Heh :lol:

I'll admit to doing so frequently, but I don't usually do it when others can see 8)

It's much faster and a lot easier, in my opinion.

-- Vilkacis
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

yah me too i do it all the time, but my house dousnt have stairs so i do it when ever there are stairs its fun :lol:

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Notice how easy it is to go up stairs on all fours compared to a flat floor? :D

I remember doing it myself when I was a we lad.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Normally it's not an option for me because of where I live. Yet, stairs at my aunt's house are very steep, so walking up on all fours was (And still is) the safest way to reach the top. I used to visit her regularly, so I have gotten some experience at this as well.
Wow, it's already 11 of us!
:o
Last edited by Lycanthrope on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

running on fours on flat land is hard :( i tried and failed, miserable :cry: :lol:

Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

make it 12 then. *Grins* I only walked on all fours when I was little. Flat floor, upstairs, downstairs, I really wanted to be an animal. My mom hated it, so that made me do it more. Anyway, I got very good at it...and still am, though social behavior anly allows me to do it when going up stairs, (It is also the best way to go up) but whenever I can I'll break into a full run just for the fun of it.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

And I am the magical number 13! Fear my unluckyness!
silverpaw wrote:running on fours on flat land is hard :( i tried and failed, miserable :cry: :lol:
Yeah it is hard. You have two options: go on your knees, which is slow and hurts after awhile, or walk on your toes. To somehow be able to do this without your butt sticking way up in the air requires a shift in the way you hold your legs which can be difficult for someone with crummy balance. Doesn't stop me from trying though.