Spiderman 3

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Spiderman 3

Post by Wulfur »

Hey, just saw it tonight and wanted to say that it was good but not great. would say more but I do not want to spoil anything.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm going to go see it later tonight!
:howl:  :oo *wags tail*

Dont think it will be able to beat the glory that is Spiderman 2, but heh, thats alright :D
(Doc Ock is friggin hot! :wink: )
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

As said above, it was good but not great.

[spoiler]Venom only got 20 minutes and gets killed!!! Eddie Brock's remains are some bones. Venom can come back since Dr Kurt Connors has a symbiote sample.[/spoiler]

Also, IGN said a "Dead" character would return in Spiderman 4. Which means: Norman Osbourn (Green Goblin I), Doctor Otto Octavius or [spoiler]Venom[/spoiler].
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

I just wish they staed with some of the origninal story and such. Other than taht it was good and venom looks bad a** even though they should of had his tounge thing going.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Looks Good, I'll check out the trailer tommorow. :P
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

ooh!!!! I want to see that movie sooo bad! but I don't have a dime.

so I gotta wait untill it's out on DVD. :(
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Daniel and I just saw it tonight. It was pretty good. Much darker than the first two.
All I will say is I would have liked to see more of Venom.
It wasn't so open-ended as the previous one. Makes me wonder if there will be any more.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

Yea they defenitly could of had more Venom in it. :(
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

I thought I read somewhere that the movie studio said they were interested in doing another 3 Spider-Man movies. Whether or not they actually DO it....who knows. I thought this one was pretty cool. I would've liked to have seen more of him in the black suit (which looked GREAT, IMO), before it started turning him into "bad spidey". But that might've made the movie run a bit too long. If they do any more, I'd like to see them use The Lizard as a villain for one of 'em.
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

so i am back for the cinema^^ and i have to say that it was pretty good(there are better movies but it was still very good)...and i have to agree with you all....more Venom would be cool 8)
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'll be seeing it at the IMAX (damn it's so cool having one fifteen minutes walking distance away) if all goes as planned.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Yeah, needed more Venom and less Sandman.
Guy!
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

It was pretty ok. Nowhere near the awesomness of Siderman 2 though. :P
A little disapointing.

SPOILERS

-They should of had MJs ex bring Venom goo to earth; instead of Venom goo fall to earth in a metor, to land convenitly next to Peter and MJ in the park. No spidy sense at work here.
-Venom was only in it for, like, that last 15 mins.
-Venoms voice was just a normal human voice. Couldof made him sound a little bit more demonic or something. And no long a** tounge :(
-Very, very chessy dialog in a lot of places. More than usual I mean. Blah
-You'd think they couldof afforded a railing, a sign or something around the pit Sandman falls into in the begining :P
-Changing the killer of Uncle Ben to Sandman? Not a good idea....making it an accident, that he didnt mean to kill him, much worse. At least make Sandman a little mean and criminaly inclined. He was more of the poor misunderstood sap instead of a supervillian.
-Dark Peter has dance fever
-Wouldof been nice to have Gwen die, like in the comics...was looking forward to that :evil:
-everyone cries pretty damn easily; making some unintentiously funny scenes
-That damn annoying british news reporter!!!! I wanted to strangle her sooo bad! So much bad dialog.
-Crowd reactions near the end; especial those stupid kids
-SM pausing in front of a friggin', massive, random, American flag. I literly was like, 'Where the f*** did that come from?" lol
-Venom was a weakling; he died waaaayyyyy to easily!
-Sandman's sick kid problem never resolved
-proposal never resolved
-Having spiderman just forgive Sandman....then Sandy floats away into the sunrise...*groans* I guess he'll go steal some more money for his kid's mystery disease
-The butler cant act worth s***!
-And why didnt the butler tell Harry about the truth about his fathers death to begin with? Retarded...

Those where the main problems.

OK, some positives now:

-I really really liked the 'birth' of Sandman. When he is first trying to reform, and learn how to use his power. Quite touching actually.
-The action scenes where all well done. Loved the fight with Spidy and Harry.
-When Peter caught a pumpkin bomb with his web and flung it right back into Harry's face instead...Awesome 8)
-The French Waiter...enough said.
-The belltower scene. Just lovely :D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I have to agree on all counts.

(SPOILERS HERE TOO! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!)

* First- the friggin butler couldn't have talked to Harry earlier? (Oops, slipped my mind!)
Deus ex machina, anyone?
* I kept waiting for the Venom tongue too. :P
* Now, what the fat is up with MJ? She never found out that the dark suit was making Spidey a b*stard, but she's just pleased as punch with him again in the end. I tell you one thing, if Daniel ever pulled that kind of crap with me, he could just fall in a pit of flesh-eating beetles. I would expect him to say no less if I acted that way.
* The whole thing was pretty disjointed. (One baddie at a time, people!) At one point in the movie there were no less than three. That's too many people to follow, so the scenes jump around a lot.
* Did anyone else think that dark spidey looked like Harry Potter?
* Spidey-flag. Whoever wrote that needs a good thwap from a big foam cluebat.
* Another minor peeve of mine was Harry's scar. It was obviously recent when it was first shown, but even with his enhanced regenerative abilities it didn't look right. Burn scars are pink and shiny as the scar tissue is thin and taut. His scar looked more like a dog mauling or leprosy. (I just finished a theatre makeup class and we did burn scars with makeup, so it annoys me no end when I see inaccuracies from the pros)

Now- good things.

* I really liked the creation of Sandman also. His theme music was a little less than subtle though, and I think it's been used elsewhere.
* Other than lack of creepy-tongue, Venom was bloody awesome.
* Special effects overall were very good.
* I liked the subtle similarities between the battle with Harry and the battle with his father in the first one.
* I also like the darker tone.
* One minor thing that has occured in all three movies is Harry's wardrobe. Every time he is under his father's influence, he wears some small bit of dark green. I noticed this immediately in the first movie at the funeral and thought it was a really nice touch. You'll see it again in this movie when he gets his memory back.
* At risk of sounding really strange, Harry was hot with the scars(inaccurate or not). *facepaws* Geeze, what is wrong with me!? :P :lol:
I wanted to see more of his character after he came to his senses. Harry's character at the end is actually very interesting and I thought he had more depth than Spiderman. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about that character.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

just wanted to throw in that the french waiter was Bruce Campbell. and he was also in the second Spiderman as the door man for the theater when Peter was late for MJ's show.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Hehe, he was pretty funny. :lol:

OOH!
How 'bout the comeo by Stan Lee? :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Wulfur wrote:just wanted to throw in that the french waiter was Bruce Campbell. and he was also in the second Spiderman as the door man for the theater when Peter was late for MJ's show.
And the wrestling announcer in the first film. He's in the films because Raimi and him are old college friends. And of course there's the Evil Dead trilogy.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Silverclaw wrote: -Dark Peter has dance fever

-everyone cries pretty damn easily; making some unintentiously funny scenes
I found myself laughing at the most inappropriate times. Or making cat calls over something stupid they said. Kinda really cheesy. Really, the only acting job I liked was Topher Grace.

However, I was in love with the SandMan and with the scene where Spidey and Harry duked it out! It was just one on one and so awesome!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

ravaged_warrior wrote:I'll be seeing it at the IMAX (damn it's so cool having one fifteen minutes walking distance away) if all goes as planned.
Nevermind, they aren't getting it until June 29th, so I'll be seeing it at a regular theater. Dammit.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

CyberWolf wrote:As said above, it was good but not great.

[spoiler]Venom only got 20 minutes and gets killed!!! Eddie Brock's remains are some bones. Venom can come back since Dr Kurt Connors has a symbiote sample.[/spoiler]

Also, IGN said a "Dead" character would return in Spiderman 4. Which means: Norman Osbourn (Green Goblin I), Doctor Otto Octavius or [spoiler]Venom[/spoiler].
I'll keep my hopes up for the one character you're forgetting
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, I wanna see him too. But I dunno if they'll ever get around to bringing him into the story.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

who is the Character you are hoping for?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

well I was hoping that they would resurect [spoiler]Harry [/spoiler]
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

I think Harry went out on a good note, like he was redeeming himself as well as his father :D

Favourite Line in the whole movie - Venom/Eddie Brock Jr: "I like being mad, it makes me happy"

:lol: ROFL :lol:

Couldn't stop laughing at that!

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...