(This is a general statement)
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hopefully this is one statement that won't end up in a Pack argument. I think we can all get behind this one. ^^
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You're forgetting about me, aren't you?

Quite frankly there are a number of things I could say, such as it tends to be the ones who claim to hate racism the most who are the most racist, but that would start an enormous bitchfest I don't have the energy nor interest to persue.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Well, I think there are two kinds of racism. Hate Racism, and Stereotype Racism. Hate Racism is when a person is hostile or anti-social towards a particular race of people. The Stereotype Racism is more common, when someone associates particular traits to a race of people. We can safely say that hundreds of comedians are guilty of that.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

There will never be an excuse for racism today, religion or no.

(Then again, I'm spiritual but not religious.)

Unfortunately it is human nature to over-analyse, but people know better these days and therefore they should grow up a little. Unfortunately, racism is an extremely complex subject. It is not merely the dislike of another 'race' (The term race being incorrect because humans are not several races at all, and even if they were, then I'm a hybrid of each one :P ) but also the heightened awareness of other cultures and peoples other than your own being 'not as complex as ours' (Which I believe is rubbish, all human cultures are complex), whether you have a love for them or a dislike or feel pity for them or your own country/culture.

Society has shaped each and every one of us to think about racism and therefore, has made all of us racist in a small sense. It is almost impossible for someone who is against racism to not be racist because they are still applying the knowledge of this to different cultures and skin colours. Am I making sense? Sorry if I am not.

I've been called racist names before, and I've had many people overseas think Austalians (Despite my blood I am born and bred Aussie) are stupid and Andy had someone ask him when we got electricity and was it recently? (Honestly!!!) Racism comes in many forms.

As for magical racism (Against lycanthropy etc), people write books and short stories and roleplays about it all the time. There's a few threads around here about it I think. Don't ask me where, frankly I don't remember :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

hmm....

I can't stand racest people, And I know how it feels to be called names.

heh, I mean people who are racest are so close minded. :|

and it's not just about being racest to one color to the other, what about half races like me?

then it's twice as hard. :(
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

*nagowteena* wrote:
and it's not just about being racest to one color to the other, what about half races like me?

Im a 'hybrid' too. Nevermind. We have a strong gene pool that means! :P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
*nagowteena* wrote:

Im a 'hybrid' too. Nevermind. We have a strong gene pool that means! :P
yeah I have heard about that, it sounds interesting. :)
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kirk Hammett wrote:' (The term race being incorrect because humans are not several races at all, and even if they were, then I'm a hybrid of each one :P ) b
Race is very correct. Races is within species. It's kinda like dog breeds. Except human races tend to keep to the same general shape with minor tweaks like color or facial features, or height where dogs are super-varied.

Anywho, yeah, racism = bad. Kind of thing that should be common sense.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm sure most of us have some degree of mixed ethnicity. I'm part Irish, German, Dutch, and Native American. Unfortunately I got my appearance from the whitest of my ancestors, so my friends are required to don protective eyewear when I go out in a swimsuit. :coolflip:
But I imagine it would be really tough to be the first generation of mixed descent. People can be really cruel for no reason other than they grew up thinking one group is better than the next.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Aki wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:' (The term race being incorrect because humans are not several races at all, and even if they were, then I'm a hybrid of each one :P ) b
Race is very correct. Races is within species. It's kinda like dog breeds. Except human races tend to keep to the same general shape with minor tweaks like color or facial features, or height where dogs are super-varied.

Genetics has shown us race doesn't exist in humans. I can understand races in birds, being an avid bird watcher, but it doesn't exist in humans.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071098.php

But, since race is a man made term made by science, it depends what you consider the word race to mean, and what you consider the word species to mean, which is also a disastrously iffy term.

PariahPoet wrote:I'm sure most of us have some degree of mixed ethnicity. I'm part Irish, German, Dutch, and Native American. Unfortunately I got my appearance from the whitest of my ancestors, so my friends are required to don protective eyewear when I go out in a swimsuit. :coolflip:
But I imagine it would be really tough to be the first generation of mixed descent. People can be really cruel for no reason other than they grew up thinking one group is better than the next.
:lol: I have a friend who is white as the snows!

I have pretty olive skin but if I don't go in the sun for a while it can be quite pale, and if I do, it tans. But it's definately not white skin, or pink, it's olive. I've never had too many cruel comments, generally they're in good fun, but if anybody is rude to Nago, I shall have them for lunch!!! :x
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Racism is the dumbest hobby/sexual fetish ever invented by man.

I've said my opinion.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Aki wrote:

Genetics has shown us race doesn't exist in humans. I can understand races in birds, being an avid bird watcher, but it doesn't exist in humans.

But, since race is a man made term made by science, it depends what you consider the word race to mean, and what you consider the word species to mean, which is also a disastrously iffy term.

PariahPoet wrote:I'm sure most of us have some degree of mixed ethnicity. I'm part Irish, German, Dutch, and Native American. Unfortunately I got my appearance from the whitest of my ancestors, so my friends are required to don protective eyewear when I go out in a swimsuit. :coolflip:
:lol: I have a friend who is white as the snows!

I have pretty olive skin but if I don't go in the sun for a while it can be quite pale, and if I do, it tans. But it's definately not white skin, or pink, it's olive. I've never had too many cruel comments, generally they're in good fun, but if anybody is rude to Nago, I shall have them for lunch!!! :x
yeah, that would me nice :P

but those people thankfully moved away. :evil:

yeah, the main mean coment thay had made was... Zebra, since I'm half African American, and half Coucation.

but what those people didn't think about is that, I'm not just two coltures, but fore. I mean I have Irish, German, and Polish, and then I'm half african american. I'm sure I have more then one Tribe in me.

the odd thing is on most days I look american indian. it's really odd. but great for my job. :D

if I was to actully listen to my mom and put sun screen on, I have very light skin. but at the momen I have a tan. so my real skin color is light olive. :P
Image Image
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Set wrote: Quite frankly there are a number of things I could say, such as it tends to be the ones who claim to hate racism the most who are the most racist, but that would start an enormous bitchfest I don't have the energy nor interest to persue.
This is not necessarily true and in its own way uses the same logic as racism. Your statement may be true some of the time but it is not true all of the time. I do not believe in stereotypes and I am not racist. Although you are judging me based on my actions (or what I said) this too can create bias. Proof that judging someone based on their actions can be a bad thing is in the fact that you are associating something with its exact opposite in the form of a generalization.

Why is it not possible that someone can not look back at what has happened in the past and hate some of the things that happened back then very strongly? Why is it not possible to consider that people are still in a state of mind that would allow such things to happen again.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Making generalizations and applying them to actions can be biased. Like saying if you do this then you are this. I do not just hate racism, I hate CUMULUS Racism, differential discrimination, ... ... ...

The Protagonist- "I HATE, HATE!"
The Ghost of Cumulus- "That is an oxymoron."
The Protagonist- "NO, I HATE MYSELF!"
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Eh how about we don't argue. He has made his point. He hates racism.

:D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

So do i as well because it gets on everyones nerves and then causes fights then police then so on and so forth
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

When somebody on the internet disagrees with you, just remember this:

http://dogtoe.com/weblog/wp-content/upl ... ternet.jpg

:lol: Sorry. Its a little mean.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Aki wrote:

Well, even if biologically it doesn't exist, the article does point out it is a cultural thing. It's impossible to deny racial cultures. People in Asia do do things differently from those in Africa, The Middle East, Europe, the Americas....
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

MoonKit wrote:When somebody on the internet disagrees with you, just remember this:

What would happen if everyone disagreed with something but said or does nothing? Maybe out of fear of being made fun of. You may think to yourself that there is nothing bad going on right now and that this is not the time or place to argue so it is ok to be afraid or to frighten others. But I will not stop speaking my mind so that I do not stop speaking it when something occurs that is nothing to laugh at.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

(Disclaimer: Cumulusprotagonist has aspergers and has no real grasp of the concept of emotocons. If you would like to know what aspergers is then... :google: it.)

By the way I believe that it could be possible that what person's percieves as "stupid" another person may percieve something else. No matter what I type or what I say at the end of the day I always remind myself that my perception is not the only one and I should not belittle other people for their own. That when you start causually saying cruel things and think they should be socially accepted a dangerous line has been crossed. The slippery slope is a logical fallacy because the slope is usually very long, dry, and jagged. If you hate what I am saying read my signature.

Maybe if some of the people who disagreed with me had something better to say than "if you hate racism that much then you are racist" or "if you argue on the internet you are retarded" then maybe I would take the advice of the shut the [censored] up foundation.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Aki wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:
Aki wrote:

Well, even if biologically it doesn't exist, the article does point out it is a cultural thing. It's impossible to deny racial cultures. People in Asia do do things differently from those in Africa, The Middle East, Europe, the Americas....
True, but calling anything 'racial' would be wrong, if you can honestly be stuffed being politically correct...Im not always politcally correct myself with things so I shouldn't even be saying this!

Then again, Im too far gone into my vodka to give a dog poop anymore. :D So let's forget about it.

-------------

To Cumulus:
cumulusprotagonist wrote:
MoonKit wrote:When somebody on the internet disagrees with you, just remember this:

What would happen if everyone disagreed with something but said or does nothing? Maybe out of fear of being made fun of. You may think to yourself that there is nothing bad going on right now and that this is not the time or place to argue so it is ok to be afraid or to frighten others. But I will not stop speaking my mind so that I do not stop speaking it when something occurs that is nothing to laugh at.
I'm just a passive personality. I don't like bickering. Im capable of debating. I have strong opinions. But, being a passive kind of person, I choose not to, although I am quite capable of putting my opinion in. :D Considering Im a humanitarian and dont eat any meat products either plus care about the environment, its a bit impossible to be devoid of opinions. But I always avoid throwing it into people's faces. And you're correct in your next post and it is nice of you to say you may be wrong...

But in the end, there isn't much of a right and wrong. An opinion is an opinion. Who is to say whether God exists? We have opinions, sure, but who really knows? We can have opinions and still be peaceful.

Which is why I love this board! It's the only one I visit except local ones to audition band members and that sort or find out about who is touring here...because it is very well moderated...in fact, I'd call its maintanence excellent.

Im off track. No problems. :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>