Upcoming Movies

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Upcoming Movies

Post by Silverclaw »

So, what future movies are you looking forward to seeing? Things that will be out in the next year or two. I'd have Freeborn on here, but I don't think it will be out that soon.
-Ratatouille
-Across the Universe
-Black Sheep
-Harry Potter 5
-The Golden Compass
-Splice
-10.000 BC

The Water Horse looks like it could be a cute movie too.

Thats all I can think of, off the top of my head as of now....so, go!
:)
Last edited by Silverclaw on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm curious to hear about The Golden Compass but not psyched about seeing it. . . Yet. It's one of my favorite books of all time, but Hollywood has a bad habit of butchering sci-fi books, so I want to hear the reviews first.

The only movie I know I'm going to see in theaters is Sicko.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Well...I've gotta see Harry Potter 5 (I'm dragging my Dad with me even though I doubt he wants to sit through it). I hope to see Surf's Up tomorrow, if my friend and I still have plans to go to the movies tomorrow. There's also Shrek the Third, the new Robin Williams movie were he plays a priest but I forgot the name of it, and Ratatouille. There are definitely others I want to see but my mind's blank right now.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

What's the Golden Compass, supposed to be about ?
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Definitely Sicko, which I'll be seeing with my mom when it comes out (she's a nurse, and a very politically active one). Let's see... The Hobbit is one I'm looking forward to, as long as they don't mess it up. I'd really like to see Peter Jackson take the helm again, at the very least for consistency, but Sam Raimi would be good, too. I'd rather see him make Evil Dead 4, though. Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires. Enough said. On a similar note, My Name is Bruce should be interesting, too. Also, a couple that I just know will be painful as hell, but I'm probably going to want to see 1408 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Live Free or Die Hard is another one on my list, even though it's one of many that's in a Hollywood trend that's pissing me off - bringing back old, clearly dead franchises to make a quick buck off of established ideas. That won't stop me from seeing Indiana Jones 4, either, though. And hell, I just said a few sentences back that I wanted them to do it with Evil Dead 4, so really, who am I to complain? Evan Almighty could be interesting, I might see it. It's got Steve Carell, damn it! Huh... I even want to see the new Star Trek movie. I hope they keep the feel of the old show instead of the newer ones, or at least the feel of the older movies. I wonder if there'll be cameos? I hope not, but if they do felt they had to, I'd hope for Nimoy as Sarek.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Ratatouille, either.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Saw Sicko, going to see Harry Potter next week, can't wait to see Sunshine and Into The Wild. Awaiting Where The Wild Things Are with bated breath!

Sicko was quite good, and I'm not a Michael Moore fan. Definitely a more intelligent audience at the showing. I usually get engaged with movies I see, leaning forward in my seat, crossing and uncrossing my legs, tapping my chin and other thoughtful gestures, cocking head when something puzzling comes on screen, covering my mouth when I foresee a terrible plot twist coming up. The guy sitting next to me did all those so it was like "tandem synchronized thinkers." :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

John Wolf wrote:What's the Golden Compass, supposed to be about ?
It's a sci-fi fantasy book about an alternative universe.

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

We had a thread earlier at the Pack asking what daemons members of the Pack received:

The Pack: What is your Daemon?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

So, I'am the only other person here who is a die hard beatles fan and can't wait for Accross the Universe. :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Its on my list at the top :D Going to be awesome 8)