Politicians suck

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Politicians suck

Post by Anubis »

Frankly I'm getting more and more aggravated about our increasingly incompetent leaders that we vote into power.

In the last few years i noticed that the US is getting worse. Both parties are being more and more petty, every one has an agenda that will not benefit the county in any way, and we are just flat out not getting anything done!

I have lost faith in our country, and I bet the founders of the US are turning in their graves from how deep in the s**ter we are.

All these retards are not getting anything done. They are too concerned with violent video games than the illegal immigration problem, they are too concerned with flag burning than the war in Iraq! Because they want to reach their goals rather than actually making the nation is better.

All capital hill is a mass of hypocrisy, lobbyists, and petty bickering. These retards are too damn concerned with being reelected than actually doing something!

I hate my own country!
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

But this isn't a democracy anymore. It is a free market plutocracy :( .
XIV
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

very true,

Every one might as well wear the logos of the companies on their 1,000 dollar suits that every polotican owes, like they do on NASCAR.
THE GAME

My Armory
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Technically we dont even vote. The electoral college does...and they dont have to vote a certain way just because their state did. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

All these retards are not getting anything done. They are too concerned with violent video games than the illegal immigration problem, they are too concerned with flag burning than the war in Iraq! Because they want to reach their goals rather than actually making the nation is better.
They're called distractions. They want you to be more concerned with voilent video games than immigration problems, and they rather have you focus on a burning flag than the mess over in Iraq.
I have lost faith in our country, and I bet the founders of the US are turning in their graves from how deep in the s**ter we are.
Oh, you know they are. I can't believe Jefferson hasn't already rolled himself out of his grave and found his way to the White House.
Frankly I'm getting more and more aggravated about our increasingly incompetent leaders that we vote into power.
Sometimes I like to think it's not the incompetent leader, it's the follower's fault. Unfortunately, most people in America are more concerned with their hair and Friday Night's lineup to pay attention to what's occuring in Congress. I love to ask people around me to name two people on their favourite Reality Show, then name their Congress Representative.

I don't think people appreciate some politicians enough, because there's a lot of people who entered the business with the mindset to help the people around them. But the fact is, the only way they can flock up the follower's ends up in questionable tactics. It's all image, it's all how the public views them, because no potential voter would be interested if they actually spoke about politics.

If people actually knew about politics, and less about which actress is dating who and which actor's gay (Which, this interest is why it's so easy to make scandals out of politicians, and never heros.), Politicians wouldn't have to resort to acting the way they do.

(I won't blame it fully on voters, though. Being the young conspiracy addict and liberal I am, I have my own bias.)

But I'll tell you this, at the risk of some people hating me. I don't think the oblivious outlook of a lot of Americans is at all a bad thing. It's good.

Take the time to take some power into your own hands, Anubis. People will always follow like sheep, and will always be oblivious to the politics around you. If you don't like who they're following, become a new leader. You are just as able to use their tactics for your own purpose. People need to be lead; It's them that will lead, or you.
All capital hill is a mass of hypocrisy, lobbyists, and petty bickering. These retards are too damn concerned with being reelected than actually doing something!
Amen, Brother.

Congress is for the rich. :(
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Get people to start voteing for less popular candidates that still have good principals and a good sense of what our country needs. But...LESS POPULAR...
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Get people to start voteing for less popular candidates that still have good principals and a good sense of what our country needs. But...LESS POPULAR...

Getting the people to go out and vote is the real concern. :roll:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Agreed,

People in America today are too concerned about these celebs that are walking media circuses (IE Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears) than what our elected leaders are actually doing.

They care more about voting for their favorite singers on American Idol (which i feel is a testament to the collective IQ for this white trash nation) than who are they voting for the president.

The average American just don't give a rats a** any more, since they don't care about what our leaders will actually do, it evolved into a popularity contest! It's all about who has more money and who can kiss more a**. Every person who is voted into power all have the rich, white, "christian" farce of a facade.

Also i hate the aspect of political parties, it just sounds wrong to me that we have to turn government into a weird war of words and mud slinging to run this country when they should be working together as one.

To me the whole constitution needs to be revised and BAD! Our founding fathers had a form of government that I thought worked pretty well until after Reagan stopped being president. Now politicians managed to screw every thing up.

It's safe to say the the old way isn't working any more! politicians are warping the meaning the constitution into what ever they see fit, the dumb asses in congress are increasing the national debt by not budgeting the money and giving them selves raises!

Worse of all there is nothing a few intelligent people who see things the way they really are, and fix it! No one can smack in sense the retards who are running things. Because the only way to fix is becoming a politician and fix things but your real sense and values will get you trampled by any one who would do anything and i mean anything to win the voters.

The people who are actually the right people for the job never get the job because there will always those who will sleep with the devil to get it. And if they ever do get the job they will become the same evil by the influence of the rest.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

here's a little tidbit of information, more people voted in american idol then did at the election of 2004.

Now on to the point.....

Are you that retarded .....it's a democracy CHANGE IT! GET PEOPLE TO CHANGE IF YOU GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO AGREE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN! THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT! GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT OR FOR THAT FACT VOTE FOR YOU AND YOU CAN THEN CHANGE THINGS HOWEVER YOU WANT! This republic has lasted over two hundred years, I don't believe there's any problem with it. Just the ignorance of people, who do not bother to let themselves take part in the dictation of their future. To me those people are dumber than dirt. AND GOD HELP YOU IF YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT GONNA VOTE, BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU WANT CHANGE BUT YOU WON'T EVEN BOTHER TO HELP SPUR IT(not talking to you anubis just anyone in particular)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

we really aren't a "democracy" rather, we are a republic, meaning, instead of voting individually on issues, we elect a representative to do it for us. meh... I think there has gotta be a better way to do this. In my opinion we should be more concerned about what's going on in our country rather than what's going on across the pond.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Fenrir wrote:here's a little tidbit of information, more people voted in american idol then did at the election of 2004.

Now on to the point.....

Are you that retarded .....it's a democracy CHANGE IT! GET PEOPLE TO CHANGE IF YOU GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO AGREE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN! THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF IT! GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT OR FOR THAT FACT VOTE FOR YOU AND YOU CAN THEN CHANGE THINGS HOWEVER YOU WANT! This republic has lasted over two hundred years, I don't believe there's any problem with it. Just the ignorance of people, who do not bother to let themselves take part in the dictation of their future. To me those people are dumber than dirt. AND GOD HELP YOU IF YOU SAY YOU'RE NOT GONNA VOTE, BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU WANT CHANGE BUT YOU WON'T EVEN BOTHER TO HELP SPUR IT(not talking to you anubis just anyone in particular)
I'm not saying that we do away democracy.

I'm saying that the United States changed too much for how we did things for the past two hundred years, It need some changes so this bull s*** that is happening today can stop. Besides its way easier to change what is says on a peice of paper than to change the minds of every man, and woman in america today.

I see the need for democracy. Democracy is that hypothetical leash that we have on our leaders. So they wont over step their bounds, and become power mad, and violate our constitutional rights. How ever there are flaws in democracy, like our leaders will become too concerned about being reelected than actually doing their job.

And i do vote, even though it's a choice between two evils. I still vote for one i see that MIGHT screw up less.
THE GAME

My Armory
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Why not encourage campaign finance reform? That would help with the corruption.
XIV
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

From what Ive seen from this one show on PBS, America has one more chance to prove itself as a world leader, otherwise it will loose all respects it has gained over the last century.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Well, I just realised why people become terrorists against their own country as well as corporations. They are well learned, and they know about how corrupt and ineffective our own government is, and how cruel corporations can be to people, the environment, and anything that gets in the way of them making a buck. They also notice that the people don't know, and more importantly don't care. They don't care because if they cared, they would be so miserable that they couldn't live their daliy lives. So the learned people realise that they are in a bad system in which change is impossible, and they feel helpless. So they feel that they must take drastic measures to chagne things, thus the destructive acts they commit. They care too much.

But that is not the solution. Because, if you destroy and kill to fix things, you and your cause will be villified for your actions, thus keeping people from trying to create change.

Nor is numbing yourself to it a solution, because what happens when your fantasy world comes crubling down as these actions affect you.

What the true solution is, I have no idea.

Oh, and on a side note, I heard that Hillary moved way above Obama in the polls. That worries me because Hillary is the type of watered-down liberal that the Democratic Party has been throwing at us for years, so if Obama doesn't get elected there will be no chance for renewal of this country. Remember that second chance you mentioned Shadow Wulf? Well, I think we have less of a chance of taking upt that second chance if we go with Clinton rather than BArak.

Where are the old liberals, the ones from the party of FDR not the (Former) party of Lieberman?

Also, what do you think is the reason that people have become so stupid and uninformed these last few decades? I somewhat blame the media for feeding our willing maws Twinkies (The Death of Anna Nicole, Paris Hilton in Prison, ect.) when they should have been force-feeding us the steak of real news.
XIV
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

yeah we could use another FDR or a Reagan, either one would be a good idea
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, Anubis, if you feel that strongly, rn for public office. Or better yet, go out and let people know what the issues are and why they should agree with you. That's democracy.

Also...try forcusing on YOUR life. YOUR goals. YOUR future.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

No, i'm not running for any kind office. I said i wasn't, besides i don't want to risk becoming the evil i hate.

I'm just saying I'm getting really ticked about the retards that are in office.
THE GAME

My Armory
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

If all you do is sit around and complain, then you're the retard Anubis. And by the way, politicians got into office because they wanted to change the world for the better. They just don't always succeed.

No matter what you guys have been brainwashed into believing, POLITICIANS AREN'T EVIL.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

MattSullivan wrote:If all you do is sit around and complain, then you're the retard Anubis. And by the way, politicians got into office because they wanted to change the world for the better. They just don't always succeed.

No matter what you guys have been brainwashed into believing, POLITICIANS AREN'T EVIL.
Because there is nothing i can do about it, I can vote, but that wont do much. Only hope this nation has is to get these people who are in office to actually do their job, but unfortunately for us we can only run for office where our peers are too caught up with what is going on reality TV today to see what we are offering.

even if they do vote our fellow leaders will turn us into one of them, or destroy us. Other than that, out hopes for a better tomorrow is f**ked!

And all that bull s*** about politicians wanting the world is better is wrong. sure a few feel that way but sadly they are either sucked up in their peers corruption or get spit out. We can't beat them at their own game. Every one of them just want to be rich, reach their agendas, and serve the people who financially back them.

That is why i have given up on this ONCE great nation. It'll get only worse, they'll soon ignore the constitution completely, all our rights will be taken away, and the sad part is THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP THEM. Because our peers will be busy booing Simon, than congress.

Call me retarded all you want, but you cannot ignore that our nation is falling apart!

AMERICA IS F**KED!

PS

I never said that politicians are evil...

However, they are one page short of a Mark Foley scandal. If you catch my drift.
THE GAME

My Armory
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

*just looks at this thread and walks away in shame and disgust*
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Depends on the politician. Really, your generalizations aren't true for everyone. I don't see Obama as one of those. Now, Bush on the other hand...

Not all of them are corrupted.

You know what, nevermind, I'm gonna go follow Lukas...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Optimism not found. Abort, retry, or ignore?

Post by Scott Gardener »

Normally, right about now, I come along and give this long-winded but uplifting essay about why things really are actually pretty good in the long run, and that there is plenty of hope just around the corner.

Sorry, can't help on this one. I think the United States as a world power has officially jumped the shark. It happened some time after Desert Storm. I'm very optimistic about Europe; after centuries of squabbling, they're becoming a unified power. I'm buying European mutual funds. And, I'm not alone. A lot of American investors are backing off on American stocks and buying overseas, particularly Europe and Asia. Asia is very promising, but a bit volatile. Europe is predictably and reliably improving. At the present rate, inside of thirty years, I may have to consider just plain moving there.

Granted, I don't think the U.S. is suddenly going to collapse. It's just not going to stay a world power. It'll be pretty influential for the first half of the 21st century, but social stagnation will make us look pretty backwards as other nations adopt more foreward-thinking social and technological advances before we do. It's hard to evolve when over half your population doesn't even "believe in evolution." (as if it were a notion rather than a pretty solid scientific principle) Our legal system is overly complex. The average American citizen can't file his or her own taxes without hiring an expert, and yet one can go to prison for failing to do so. Socially, our adulescents are becoming increasingly confused, dangerous, and undiscaplined. Our health care system leaves too much of our population with no access to care; thousands of Americans die each year from preventable causes because of inadequate health care, and millions suffer needlessly from chronic pain and other debillitating illnesses, even as many of them pour money into our government to provide health care to other people.

We are seeing breaking points. No trend can continue indefinitely. Columbine High School was an example--emotional pressures on adulescents became so overwhelming that sheer madness ensued. Now children are carrying to school with them AK-47s. The health care crisis we hear about today pales in comparison to the one that inevitably has to come up in the coming decade--because, left unaddressed, the number of people who die while waiting in emergency rooms will get too alarming not to notice. Yes, I heard about that incident. It's a bit disturbing, since I'm myself an ER physician. I swear I will not let it happen on my watch, but my work load over the past five years has escalated dramatically, directly because of the increasing number of people with basic health complaints such as sore throats or migraines and nowhere else to go. This flood of extra people backs up the ER staff and drowns out our ability to identify and treat real life-threatening emergencies.

But, I'm a lousy pessimist. I think that these problems are more American than global. I suspect similar problems will crop up in other places, but with better social planning and learning from our mistakes, future societies will do better.

That, and globalization will help soften the significance of being in this particular country. (well, those of us who are--I know that many of you are already living elsewhere) A hundred and fifty years ago, Alabama and Georgia would have been recovering from war with New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Today the idea of states being at odds with each other is laughable, the subject of John Stewart-ish "Red vs. Blue" jibes. The U.S. has consolidated. Europe is doing a similar unification; Germany invaded France less than 70 years ago; there are people alive today who were there. Yet, they're close allies now as members of the European Union. Inside of fifty years, world unification will bring most of the civilized world together, with only a handful of outliers--dictatorships like North Korea and religious zealot-archies such as Iran are the main opponents to this forward momentum. Note also that those same philosophies--religious fanaticism and tolerance of dictatorships--are what are weaking American involvement in globalization.

It would be better off if it happened with us; it would be better if we led the forums on environmental responsibility rather than not even showing up. It would be better if America once again led the movement to bring real liberty (and not a military pretense of "liberating") to the world. But, with or without us, it will happen none-the-less. And, at the present rate, it's looking like it's happening without us.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Depends on the politician. Really, your generalizations aren't true for everyone. I don't see Obama as one of those. Now, Bush on the other hand...

Not all of them are corrupted.

You know what, nevermind, I'm gonna go follow Lukas...
Yes they are,

Every politican out there I quarnteee has something to hide. Either they have an agenda, a puppet for a corparation, or simply not doing their job.

Picking candadates is a choice between two evils.

And Scott... AMEN to that!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Anubis: you've got as much power as anyone else to change the way things are in the United States. One vote. The people who get things done with their single votes are those who haven't given up in disgust. The choice is yours.

Scott's fairly much right on the money. No empire lasts forever. Some collapse spectacularly; others just fade into a genteel decline. I hope for all your sakes America takes the latter path.

Look at history. 200 years ago: Spain was the world power, Britain was the upstart, the United States was an economic basket case. 100 years ago: Spain was irrelevant, Britain was the world power, the United States was the upstart and China was an economic and political basket case. For the last half century Britain has been more or less irrelevant, the United States was the world power and China was the upstart. See the pattern?
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Wheeeeeeeeee. Depressing.

It's things like this and global warming that make me consider either going into political terrorism or comitting suicide.

Although, we may be less stupid than you give us credit for. Most of the polls I've read say that most Americans know that this country is on the wrong track.

Where does the perception that most Americans are slack-jawed, drooling idiots come from, and how did it happen?
XIV