You might go blind watching this...but...

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

You might go blind watching this...but...

Post by MattSullivan »

http://movies.aol.com/movie/alvin-and-t ... -1/1946920

I could complain, but i'll just let the "trailer" speak for itself.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Ah, they aren't using the ghetto look... That makes it slightly less stupid (only slightly), but a lot less funny. And you know, I don't see why they bothered to even get the old voice actors, I doubt many people are going to care enough about this movie to find that cool like they did with Optimus Prime in Transformers.

Wait a second... What the hell? Did Alvin just eat s***?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yep. He ate s***.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Oh, I don't know; I thought the chipmunks looked kind off cute and fluffy.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

There's potential there, as long as we don't expect it to be better than the Doom movie.

Yes, that is a trick statement.
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

yu[ i went mlind alrigh. you gaxe me fair warning though so i can;t complaim. i hope i.m hitting all the righr keus as i;m typing this.

think i'm goning to hit the savk until my cision returns. I;ll edit this later if i havw to.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

.......MY EYES!!!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

Wow! It's got all the elements of a classic summer movie! Stuffed chipmunks! High-pitched singing! Poop eating! A guy yelling "AL-VIIIIIIIIN!" This is gonna be cool, right? Right?

:o
:o...

:(

:cry:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: You might go blind watching this...but...

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:http://movies.aol.com/movie/alvin-and-t ... -1/1946920

I could complain, but i'll just let the "trailer" speak for itself.

I think I'm going to be sick. :sickpup:
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Well, the good new is...I have a pencil in my left hand, and I just rammed it into a nerve on my arm....cause if I'm gonn be in that much pain....I'm gonna do it to myself!
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Templar wrote:Well, the good new is...I have a pencil in my left hand, and I just rammed it into a nerve on my arm....cause if I'm gonn be in that much pain....I'm gonna do it to myself!
Woo! Lewis Black!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Although it would have been worse if they really were kid size this movie still looks pretty stupid. Never liked this show or these characters in the first place though.

-Neko
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

nekocj wrote:Never liked this show or these characters in the first place though.
Me neither. Just goes to show how desperate the major production companies are for cheap product.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I have come to the conclusion that I hate this movie more than I hate Underdog. And I hate Underdog.

Admittedly, I've seen neither, and usually I wouldn't make such claims about movies I haven't seen, but some recent film makers are making it harder and harder not to do. Epic Movie was clearly just a warm-up in previewing hate. These offenses to god are the damn Superbowl.

HATE.
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:I have come to the conclusion that I hate this movie more than I hate Underdog. And I hate Underdog.

Admittedly, I've seen neither, and usually I wouldn't make such claims about movies I haven't seen, but some recent film makers are making it harder and harder not to do. Epic Movie was clearly just a warm-up in previewing hate. These offenses to god are the damn Superbowl.

HATE.
Sometimes you can tell when a movie is crap by what they throw into the trailer. In this case, I knew Underdog was crap as soon as I saw the age-old "dogs sniff butts" punchline.

Any movie that makes a point of including family-friendly toilet humor like that is, in my humble opinion, automatic crap.

Scat munching though. . . That is a much lower low than I would have predicted. No doubt in my mind all those crazy "family concerned" "proper God-fearing Christians" (the people that think "I'm a mother" can answer any question) are going to be harping all over this movie, only unlike all the other movies they demanded banned indefinitely, I'm not going to stick up for this P.O.S.
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Yeah the poop eating was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far and I think it's incredibly sad that people think little kids would really get a kick out of that and if they do well then that's even sadder. It's also sad that parents would think it's funny. And what it's cute and ok just because he says "dude you owe me bigtime" like he's talking slang? Does that automatically make anything cool when a character talks like a little hipster? I was under the impression that parents didn't like their kids acting like that and didn't like kids who acted like that to begin with because they are usually little rebellious, disrespectful punks, and now all of a sudden it's cute? I'm confused.

-Neko
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Much worse than Epic Movie.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*GAG*
Dear Bast, WHY!? Image

That is horrid beyond words. I never liked that show to begin with, but this looks like an even bigger piece of crap than the original.

Which brings me to my current pet peeve. All these new movies based on cartoons. Scooby-Doo, Garfield, Underdog, Rocky and Bullwinkle..........All awesome as cartoons. All movies bite mangy monkey butt. Do the people who make these movies even WATCH the original cartoons!? I am a huge Garfield fan, how could anyone who has ever seen the show make Garfield dance? Image What is wrong with these people?
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

LOL that is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the trailer for Garfield. Garfield does not dance and party. That was the whole reason I never saw that movie. That and I don't like Martin Short or Bill Murray and Odie has always been my favorite Garfield character and they just made him a little terrier. Uhhh no.

The thing I couldn't stand most about Alvin and the Chipmunks though is their voices. I never thought they were appealing I thought they were stupid.

-Neko
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Templar wrote:Well, the good new is...I have a pencil in my left hand, and I just rammed it into a nerve on my arm....cause if I'm gonn be in that much pain....I'm gonna do it to myself!
Woo! Lewis Black!
Hey, if it works fer him, why not...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

eating poop. What a way to make people nostalgic.
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

lol yeah good point there. I know that would make me remember the glory days of my youth.

-Neko
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

As a side note, I think that the phrase "some of you might not like this...but" should heretofore be known as "Matt's Disclaimer." :lol:
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

:VERYcaf: my head...my HEAD...please let it stop. :sickpup:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.