Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

lol very nice :Jester3:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

My whole family is from the east coast, we like the Patriots. I normally root for the broncos, but they are sucking the big horse apple this year. Pats are my next fav team..we'll see if they go to the Super Bowl.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

If there is anything I hate more then sports it is American sports.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Morkulv wrote:If there is anything I hate more then sports it is American sports.
To be honest I don't even watch sports anymore like i used to. They just don't do it for me an it's rather boring now to me :P Maybe that's in the hate catogory too? :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:If there is anything I hate more then sports it is American sports.
So you basically hate half of the sports that are played today. FYI Video Games is now considered a sport. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Kicking against a ball can be fun, no doubt about that. I just think sports aren't good for discussions.

More then half of the sports today aren't even really a sport anymore anyway, they'r a form of business, and I don't like that. The true essence of sport is gone.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I don't see how they are a form of business, I mean, everyone needs money, they can't just play for free.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:More then half of the sports today aren't even really a sport anymore anyway, they'r a form of business, and I don't like that. The true essence of sport is gone.
I think I get what you mean. I like (American) football the most because they run the NFL like a business instead of the individual teams (so when you buy a jersey of your favorite team, all the other teams get a percentage of that sale too) and implemented salary caps so no team can get absolutely blown out of proportion like they have in baseball or soccer (did you know the L.A. Galaxy payed Beckam more than the combined salary caps of two NFL teams combined?), and whenever an athlete is overpaid, their team typically winds up sucking that year as a result. It keeps the sport interesting and competitive is what I'm saying -- a team that was crap last year may make it to the playoffs the next (EX: Cleveland Browns), and a former Superbowl team may next year find itself at the bottom of their division (EX: Chicago Bears).

But yeah, when it gets completely out of control like what happened with the New York Yankees or the (former) Chicago Bulls, that just kills the sport for me.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

One of the problems with most Sports today is that they seem less like a game and more like just entertainment-with scores added.
There is such a thing as being "too polished". About the only interesting thing nowdays is the commercials: specially made for the event.
And there are so may commercials.... :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Morkul, that's a blanket angry statement which suggests to me ( unless you tell me otherwise ) you just plain hate Americans. If you don't like American sport, then don't watch it. Watch European sports instead. This thread was not intended to become a discussion on which continent has better sports. it was meant for those of us who Do keep up with the NFl to discuss the Patriots achievemnet. IF you knew anything about American football, you'd know it's apretty remarkable feat.

And while I'm at it, I don't want o hear anyone whining about "Why do Americans have to play with pads?" I'll answer that right here. Have YOU ever been hit at top speed by a 350 pound linebacker? :helmet:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I cant even watch it, how about that? I do not hate Americans, although I bet your not the only one assuming that Matt. I just hate the whole industrialisation
of sports, and that happens to be the worst with American sports I believe (believe me, I also dislike soccer). The point for me was, that nobody gives a f*** about having fun or anything anymore, since most sports are played for the money these days, and for nothing else. If you believe otherwise, I suggest you try telling a football-team that they'r not getting paid anymore, and see how long they'r still willing to play.

My responce was also partially made because of the lack of world-wide audience and view on this forum, since American football is still mostly a feature for movies over here in Europe, and nobody has ever heard of any of those 'famous' football-stars and leagues.

And just for the record; I went on holiday to the USA in 2001 and had a very nice time.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I wonder if the Cowboys will finally make it again. It looks promising that the Patriots will see them in the Super Bowl.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

Everyone needs payment, if you met a doctor who likes his career, he would refuse to work for free. An artists won't do commissions for free his whole life even if he likes it, it's a necessity to be rewarded by your work, even if people say it's not important to be rewarded, they'll be happy as hell when they get rewarded, I think it's kind of natural.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Bullshit. I like making music, and I give away free promo's. You know why I do that? Because I like my hobby, I like what I do and everything else is just a nice bonus. And a reward like you said is just that, a nice bonus and nothing more. These people you talk about DID like they'r hobby at one time in they'r lifes, and now they've become mindless puppets in a money-ruling business. Also, if there is anything I hate, its people 'owning' other people. I play for myself, with everything, and for nobody else. Nobody f*** owns me, and nobody should own anyone.

f***, you can even make the world's toughest guy alive suck your dick by just throwing some money at him. I truly hate this society.
Kaebora wrote:I wonder if the Cowboys will finally make it again. It looks promising that the Patriots will see them in the Super Bowl.
I think the North-Atlantic Bowelrats will beat them first... :roll:
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

You can't survive giving free promos all your life, not these days.

People do everything for money cause it's a necessity (a necessity we created) I consider it bad when you are filthy rich and still urging to get more money, just with having what you need is enough, and I really don't care what people do to get it as long as they don't affect me or other people. Why should I care for the toughest guy alive sucking somebody's dick? After all, he was not that tough. :|
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Kaebora wrote:I wonder if the Cowboys will finally make it again. It looks promising that the Patriots will see them in the Super Bowl.
I think the North-Atlantic Bowelrats will beat them first... :roll:[/quote]

You can't exactly comment on that unless you watch the games and keep track of player stats. Which, BTW, please calm down and not bring politics into discussion here. It causes very negetive arguments.

The Cowboys ARE quite promising this year. Most sports fans around here say they'll at least make it to the championship game. Though I doubt they can beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I hope you are kidding, or you'r just plain blind...

I CANT watch anything even if I wanted to because of ignorant American people who think every American detail is a worldwide consern. To say this again, American football is a non-existing thing on the other side of the world.

And no, its not me making discussions here, its you, the moderator-team remember? In every 'heated' discussion over the last past weeks there was a moderator involved, so don't try to push it all on my side. And since when did I start giving a s*** about negative comments any way?
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I CANT watch anything even if I wanted to because of ignorant American people who think every American detail is a worldwide consern
I think the North-Atlantic Bowelrats will beat them first...
No, you don't hate Americans one bit :D And for the record, NO ONE in America knows any EUROPEAN atheletes by name besides David beckham, and that's ONLYbecause *gasP* he signed a contract to play in America. And you know what? NO ONE CARES!

Sides, Soccer is for SOUTH Americans. I don't ever want the United States to get good at soccer or win the world cup, because that just gives other countries something else ot hate us for. ( it's the new world hobby don't cha know :}
Last edited by MattSullivan on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I consider it bad when you are filthy rich and still urging to get more money
Why is it evil to want as much money as you can make? True evil is killing someone, or stealing what isn't yours, hurting women or especially children. Not playing a sport and getting paid for it. or working hard and making products people buy. Bill Gates gives gargantuan amounts of cash to all kinds of charities. *sits back and waits for some angry computer nerd to gripe about the evil of windows*

Boo-frickin-Hoo. I think some of you are just jealous you can't be as successful as people who actually make millions of dollars ( or Euros ) whether they be businessmen, artists, or atheletes. Instead of admiring them and trying to learn from their example, you make them out to be evil corporate "slaves" who onl care about themselves.

PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK.

And getting back to the subject of the NFL, the Denver Bronco players ( my local and favorite team ) spend lots of money on local charities, make a wish foundations, support the arts, after school programs, and give LOADS of money to those less fortunate. It's the same in other cities across America, and it doesn't stop with Football. Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, you name it. Professionals everywhere doing their part to give back to the community that roots for them.

When John Elway retired, he made this speech. You watch this and tell me he wasn't going to miss PLAYING the game.Nevermind the fact he made MILLIONS.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3j8SGb7vaz0&feature=related
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

This would be a nice fitting reply:
This is JUST a message board about fantasy creatures. Why do you have to go and take EVRYTHING I write so goddam seriously?
Can't anyone read my f*** posts? I do not hate Americans, I hate American society and society in general. Perhaps they'r a bit f*** up in the eyes for not reading my damn posts correctly, but I do not hate American people in general.

Americans just tend to think they live in they'r own world called America, but they are not, and by posting this f*** garbage on a PUBLIC forum you are thus cutting off your own audience. Wich is obviously f*** retarded, and that was my whole point.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

My AUDIENCE is the 99.99999% of Americans, and the WORLD, who don't go online every day and chat about werewolves. The PACK is a minority.
Can't anyone read my f*** posts? I do not hate Americans, I hate American society and society in general.
How is that not hating Americans???:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:I suggest you try telling a football-team that they'r not getting paid anymore, and see how long they'r still willing to play.
Payton Manning once said that, as far as he's concerned, he and his teammates get payed for all the long hours of practice and game day they do for nothing.

Now please, enough with the "I hate everything American (except Americans)" talk. If you hate American sports so much, why did you even bother clicking the link into this thread in the first place?
Seems likely, but I hope not. Not necessarily because I dislike the Cowboys or anything, but the Patriots already romped Dallas 48-27 in the regular season. For that reason, the only team NFC team I'd like to see in the Superbowl less than the Cowboys is the Redskins -- the Pats beat them with a 40 point spread. :P I'm not rooting against the Cowboys or anything, just saying I think a match-up against a team the Patriots didn't face in the regular season (Packers, Buccaneers or Seahawks) would be much more interesting to watch.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I don't normally even follow sports, but the Dallas Cowboys have had a pretty remarkable winning streak. I'm willing to bet it'll be the Cowboys and the Patriots at the Superbowl. The Patriots will beat the Cowboys by a very narrow margin--in November. How the football game turns out, I can only guess.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...