An apology to Ferrets Everywhere...

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

An apology to Ferrets Everywhere...

Post by Baphnedia »

Recently I started referring to ferrets (like Moonkit) as tube-rats. I got beaten over the snout with an admin stick elsewhere and I totally blame Sluggy Freelance for the behavior. I apologize for this terrible, undignified behavior, and it will cease just as soon as I can dig another ferret out of my nostril.

Sigh.

(can't you tell I'm having an interesting night?)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

And the winner for most random post goes to....BAPHNEDIA! Congratulations.

Hey, I dont blame you. Ive seen how excited ferrets get from running through tubes. I bet you didnt know that they wag their tails! But they arent actually in the rodent family, blah blah blah.

Throw in a white ferret and this is what you have at my house every afternoon:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5hPo4KCnKg

:D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Awwwwww, those two looked like they were having the time of their lives. :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

:o
I so want a ferret! :love:
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

My sis got two for her b-day last year...one died, poor Magoogoo...and we sold the other one cause he smelled bad
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Ferrets are cute and cuddly, and have the most incredible feel to them. They literally feel like warm fuzzy snakes, the way they can wiggle and flex their way around your body.
Regrettably, the few ferrets I've encountered have 1: investigated my ears until I'm ready to go nuts from the tickling, then 2: crawl under my shirt and go to sleep against my stomach.
Yeah, I like Ferrets.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

"Tube-Rats." LOL!

I've always detested ferrets after I saw what their poo looks (and smells) like while at a pet store. It wasn't until a student at my school brought in her own pet ferret awhile ago and proclaimed that ferrets can be potty trained that changed my opinion.

Then I realized how adorably inquisitive that ferret was.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Remember, Ferrets are Mustinidae...like weasels and skunks; and their poop smells much better than either of the above others.
Skunks are notoriously bad.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Why does everybody always talk about ferret poop? :lol:

I think rabbit droppings are way more disgusting. They never seem to STOP! And I should know...i work in a pet store! :lol:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You can ties ferrets in knots. Oz noz theyz soz kee-yoooote!

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

MoonKit wrote:Why does everybody always talk about ferret poop? :lol:

I think rabbit droppings are way more disgusting. They never seem to STOP! And I should know...i work in a pet store! :lol:
Just to keep you well grossed out; Rabbits have two kinds of poop- the stuff they eat and the stuff they don't eat. Their digestion is such that in the wild, one pass through the ailamentary canal isn't enough; so they re-cycle their day poop and digest it fully the second time. Night poop osn't eaten, it's recycled day poop. So you see, Rabbits are already into recycling on a very personal basis.
Note: Commercial feeds are already pre-digested, so they're a one pass-through item.

You learn such interesting things in sixty years... :lol:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:

Just to keep you well grossed out; Rabbits have two kinds of poop- the stuff they eat and the stuff they don't eat. Their digestion is such that in the wild, one pass through the ailamentary canal isn't enough; so they re-cycle their day poop and digest it fully the second time. Night poop osn't eaten, it's recycled day poop. So you see, Rabbits are already into recycling on a very personal basis.
Note: Commercial feeds are already pre-digested, so they're a one pass-through item.
Why am i not surprised he's sixty plus years old?
(Cause of his sagely advice? Yeah, we like ferrets too. Never met any, but look hyper. Like RedEye after having one too many cups of coffee. :D
http://pedestrianwolf.deviantart.com/ar ... e-74358262 )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Coffee is the elixer of the aged. <3 my coffee. Actually, in a recent turn of events (never saw this one coming), the mess hall actually has chilled espresso. ^^

Granted, it isn't as filling/flavorful as Starbucks, but it is FREE (well, for me anyway). I think if I stay in the Army any longer, it'll be for the little things...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

RedEye wrote:

:o Yuck! Interesting...but yuck! :lol:
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
RedEye wrote:

(Cause of his sagely advice? Yeah, we like ferrets too. Never met any, but look hyper. Like RedEye after having one too many cups of coffee. :D
Look, as I've said in the stories, regular Coffee is like speed to Werewolves. One cup will keep you up for three or four days straight while your body burns off the caffeine.
And don't get me started on what Espresso does to you...Ohhhh my head... There is just a smidgen of caffeine in De-Caf and that works like regular Coffee does to the rest of you... :)
Ahhh, to be as invulnerable as the movies make you out to be... :D
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

RedEye wrote:
WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
RedEye wrote:

Look, as I've said in the stories, regular Coffee is like speed to Werewolves. One cup will keep you up for three or four days straight while your body burns off the caffeine.
And don't get me started on what Espresso does to you...Ohhhh my head... There is just a smidgen of caffeine in De-Caf and that works like regular Coffee does to the rest of you... :)
Ahhh, to be as invulnerable as the movies make you out to be... :D
Something like this? :VERYcaf:
( Tack on another weakness: caffeine.)
"This just in: a werewolf was killed today after accidentally taking the wrong foam cup from the duken doughnuts counter. His name and age have not yet been released."
(... oh that sucks... didn't you make yours alcohol intolerable?:drunx: )
Yeah... i was thinking about that.
Oh, let's not forget cigarette smoke. I get a headache everytime i smell either that, or regular smoke. Can't imagine what it would be like for a werewolf...
("Today on ask the werewolf: What are you weakness?")
Oh we need to stop.
(Why? we have have yet begun to fight! :D)
Oh brother. :P

Edit:
(What do you get when you cross a ferret with a can of coffee?)
I don't know, what?
(the only land mammal able to out run, out swim, and probably outfly the rest of them. :grinp:)
Ugh...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Actually, I have to disagree with ferrets+coffee. Ferrets+sugar however...
*thinks of Kiki from Sluggy Freelance*
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Baphnedia wrote:Actually, I have to disagree with ferrets+coffee. Ferrets+sugar however...
*thinks of Kiki from Sluggy Freelance*
( :? )
I second that :?
What's sluggy freelance?
(Or would we prefer not knowing... Oh, and, what's up Baph?)
V, from V for Vendetta.

Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

It's a web comic: http://www.sluggy.com/

Personally I think it's well past its best... but for a while it was fairly darned good indeed. If you're interested, start from the beginning and give up once you lose interest.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Will do when i have the time...
Thank you...
V, from V for Vendetta.