Board problems--read before you move this! Seriously.

The place for anything at all...
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Board problems--read before you move this! Seriously.

Post by Sioux »

Here's the situation.
Ok, just now I logged on to the forum; however, when I went to the boards' index it shows at the top that I'm not logged in. Meaning, instead of saying Sioux, it says login. Now, hold on, it gets interesting. At the bottom of the forum where you can see whose currently online, my name is there. But, because its says login-basically meaning that I haven't logged in-at the top I can't view all of the threads.
Which is why I posted this here. I don't have access to the tech support thread.
So...I'm logged in and yet, I'm not. Hmm.
Though, it seems I can post new topics.

Now, I haven't been on in couple of days so, if this problem has already been addressed then this no way I would have known it. Especially now that I can't access some threads.
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Re: Board problems--read before you move this! Seriously.

Post by takyoji »

Just read the instructions on the login page if you are having issues. That's really the only way to solve the problem, and that's what the problem is dealing with (which is regarding cookies as of the web browser). As for it saying that you're logged in when you hypothetically aren't--is normal. This is simply because it declares you as being not logged in when it doesn't see activity from you for 5 minutes.

If you continue to have problems, by all means, you're free to contact me directly at takyoji@thepack.network for email, or at any of the instant messaging services I have which includes MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, and Skype.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

How often am I going to have to clean my cookies so it logs me in because I've had to do it a couple of times now since the board switched. Is it just my computer?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

You should never need to refresh your cookies on a regular basis for it. However, the settings were toyed around with a little more (Lupin just changed one detail), thus, people need to refresh their cookies to make it take effect. It's just that when the settings are no longer adjusted as of cookies, then nobody will need to have to refresh their cookies anymore until the next time the settings are changed. (We've simply been trying to get the settings just right, which is why people are having a few issues occasionally). Sorry if it's being an irritating at all, it's not a bug or anything, it's just that we need to get everything configured so that there won't be any such problems.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I just chucked my cookies and then everything worked okay. :P :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

That was very helpful, thanks takyoji.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend