The Magic Of Shapeshifting

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: No matter how hard you try to explain to them that you are just a fan of the Creature in Fiction and Art, they would refuse to believe you.

It doesn't matter. Explain all you want because some of those people just want to make fun of you.

I joined a forum and had regular wolf as an avatar. I was instantly called a furry. I told them I'm not a furry. I just like wolves. They kept insisting I'm a furry and said..."We don't want your kind here!!" "Get the **CK out!"

Sheesh!! :x

Being a werewolf fan can be difficult compared to being a zombie fan. (The living dead, not the singer) I don't see those people having problems.

They don't get questions like "Do you believe in zombies?" "Are you a zombie?" Or those other annoying questions. I bet zombie forums doesn't worry about someone coming in saying he/she is a real zombie. You have to be dead to prove it!! :o
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Figarou wrote: I bet zombie forums doesn't worry about someone coming in saying he/she is a real zombie. You have to be dead to prove it!! :o
*smack hand to forehead* So that is what I was missing!!! :P :wink:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Now that I've started ranting I just can't keep my paws away from the keyboard. This topic has been semi-derailed as I was asking about the book, but now we're discussing things in the book so it's ok. Anyway...read this: http://cgi.furtopia.org/cgi-bin/ib311/i ... 13;t=10501

More evidence for my argument that therians complaining about being categorized with furries is stupid. The majority of furs are very accepting, kind, loving, helpful people. Why do therians have a problem with being associated with such a group? It's like a church bitching about people connecting them with a charity organization. It doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and one more thing... You notice how they all refer to themselves as therianthropes? They're too snobby to use the term were anymore. Supposedly it's because they're trying to get away from all the bad associations that come with the term but I think they just changed it because they wanted to sound cooler. The word were is still quite useable. Werewolf means "man-wolf", so it could very well still be a useful term. Some still use it but it's a practice that's looked down upon. Since my last visit they've also been trying to change the word wereside to phenotype. There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but the argument justifying the actions for doing so is horribly weak and rediculous. It also makes them look like stuck up brats. What's next? Polywere to polytherian? Polypheno, perhaps? And people wonder why I got so fed up with them all...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Reilune wrote:Oh, and one more thing... You notice how they all refer to themselves as therianthropes? They're too snobby to use the term were anymore.
I hate to say this, but that statement seems unfounded to me (at least, from what I read in the thread you posted). There was only one, single person who even mentioned the word 'therianthropy,' and the title he chose for himsely clearly said 'Werewolf.'

In any case, I'm not saying there are not a lot out there that throw around the word 'therianthropy,' but I would point out that most of the therians I know despise the term.

Reilune wrote:Since my last visit they've also been trying to change the word wereside to phenotype.
A lot of therians feel strongly about their beliefs, so it doesn't surprise me at all that they would coin terms to lend credibility to their words.

-- Vilkacis
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Why not just invent another language for therians to use? Would that make them sound credible enough? All they're doing is making up words.

And the thread I posted was for a furry forum. Please note that the place is called Furtopia. My point there was that furs are good people, and therians really shouldn't get in such a huff about being in the same category as furs.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

And this is the exact reason why pretty much all of the "Weres" I would consider to be legitimate are no longer online OR keep themselves to private places. We are what we are, and we are tired of trying to explain ourselves to people. Nuff said.

But hey, let's talk about werewolves some more, eh, and quit with the Therianthrope bashing.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

As a representative for The Pack, I can't allow this topic to continue. We are here to give our opinions and ideas about the werewolf. Not about each others beliefs, or the kind of person they are.

The Pack is a mixture of therians, furries, weres, werewolf fans, what have you. Lets keep the peace we have built and enjoy each others company.

Move along folks. There is nothing to see here. :cop: