Fueling the change.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

or do you not get what i was thinking :/
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

In the rare case where a panic shift occurs without the wherewithal to complete the shift...
Fright: Shift energy is 100%,panic shift occurs costing 20 % shift energy.
That leaves the partially shifted Were' without enough oomph to complete the job. So they run some more, until they can hide and rest.
Do we agree so far? OK, then:
By the time the Panic-shifter (shiftee?) reaches safety, there is a total of 50% of the energy needed to complete the shift. What happens?
They stay Panic-Shifted! They are now what is referred to as sitting ducks, they can't go back and there isn't enough energy to complete the thing, either. So they stay in their partially shifted condition until they have enough energy to complete the job. Once there is enough energy, the shift continues to completion.
Why? Because it costs as much energy to revert to human as it does to go on. They could revert back, but they'd be dead at completion, totally out of energy, not even enough to breathe or pump blood.
Note: To get in this condition, the Wulf would have to have done three marathons back to back without eating or sleeping. Not likely.
I tried to keep things as close to real life as I could, and that meant I had to take some points and stick to them, even if they didn't make sense.
Does that help? If not, PM me and be as specific as you can, and I'll try to answer your questions...or goto the new Wulfen Blood thread, and we'll go on there.
K? :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

RedEye wrote:In the rare case where a panic shift occurs without the wherewithal to complete the shift...
Fright: Shift energy is 100%,panic shift occurs costing 20 % shift energy.
That leaves the partially shifted Were' without enough oomph to complete the job. So they run some more, until they can hide and rest.
Do we agree so far? OK, then:
By the time the Panic-shifter (shiftee?) reaches safety, there is a total of 50% of the energy needed to complete the shift. What happens?
They stay Panic-Shifted! They are now what is referred to as sitting ducks, they can't go back and there isn't enough energy to complete the thing, either. So they stay in their partially shifted condition until they have enough energy to complete the job. Once there is enough energy, the shift continues to completion.
Why? Because it costs as much energy to revert to human as it does to go on. They could revert back, but they'd be dead at completion, totally out of energy, not even enough to breathe or pump blood.
Note: To get in this condition, the Wulf would have to have done three marathons back to back without eating or sleeping. Not likely.
I tried to keep things as close to real life as I could, and that meant I had to take some points and stick to them, even if they didn't make sense.
Does that help? If not, PM me and be as specific as you can, and I'll try to answer your questions...or goto the new Wulfen Blood thread, and we'll go on there.
K? :wink:
haha...ok yeah that does.

Sorry, once I wind up with one of those questions, no matter how insignificant, it tends to bug me....a lot. Too much in fact. :roll:

SO I must warn you, hypothetical topics like this....I can wind up being very annoying.
nightwolf112

hey

Post by nightwolf112 »

how do you shift without using the full moon, cause i have been using the full moon for so long i forgot how to shift at any time without it :shift:
justin fairweather
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

:roll:

just FYI.

i'm fairly sure this is a thread exclusively for serious, hypothetical discussion.

Not a role-playing thread.

If you are serious, this isn't really the thread to ask.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I have a few friends of the female persuasion that don't need the moon to get wolfed-out...just the right "time of the month" will do it. :roll:

Then, I go fishing for a few days. :wink:

See, I learned something in sixty years of life... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

the shift could maybe be fueled by a forced reopening of growth plates and flooding system with growth hormone...
just thaught ide add this...

also crazy question... is this going to be used do create the real thing or something
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension