Railing against Earth Day

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Dreamer, you don't know any more than i do. You just think you do. You just THINK doctors were paid off because you favor a conspiracy slant. I however, do not think that all our big problems are caused by conspiracies.

and while I'm on the subjest, all 9/11 conspiracy believers need a wake up call. It was angry fundamentalist muslims, NOT the us government.
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Hey Terestas us indians only get one day of for recognition for the year. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Howlitzer made some good points.

We....as humans....can control "OUR" actions. We can save water by cutting down. Or help the environment by not littering. Driving less so we won't pollute the air. But we can't control what nature does.

A volcano can erupt and fill the atmosphere with so much ash it could darken the sky. We could all die from it. Maybe not from the ash itself...but the long term effects. Rivers could dry up. We can't grow food cause the sun is blocked. And so on. Maybe thats how the Aztecs disappered. Who knows.

An earthquake can level the city. Or cause a HUGE wave to come a shore and wipe everything out. There is nothing man can do that'll harm this planet. Sure....set off a couple off nuclear bombs in an area. Give it some time and that area will be streaming with life again in the future. Nature itself can do MAJOR damage in a matter of seconds. But in time will heal itself.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Figarou wrote:HowlitzerMaybe thats how the Aztecs disappered. Who knows.
I'm pretty sure the Aztecs disappeared when the Spaniards brought rifles, small pox, and cultural homogenization. ;)
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

that is a lot of graphs. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

goodie good, while howlitzer was making a point, i took the time to learn and improve my current thinking on the global warming issue

big ups to you howl for improving my intelligence and perception :D
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Berserker wrote:
Figarou wrote:HowlitzerMaybe thats how the Aztecs disappered. Who knows.
I'm pretty sure the Aztecs disappeared when the Spaniards brought rifles, small pox, and cultural homogenization. ;)
thats possible.

they say a climatic change killed off the dinosaurs. now....what caused the climatic change?
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

How about a naturally occourring warming period potentially aided by a small ( and I repeat SMALL ) amount of human caused factors,. That's my theory. oh, that and volcanoes, which spew more crap into the air during one eruption than humans could in 50 years of industrial growth
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

MattSullivan wrote:How about a naturally occourring warming period potentially aided by a small ( and I repeat SMALL ) amount of human caused factors,. That's my theory. oh, that and volcanoes, which spew more crap into the air during one eruption than humans could in 50 years of industrial growth
EXACTLY what I'm trying to say...

If anything, if we ARE contributing to warming... it's only a tiny, tiny contribution to a conveniently timed warming trend that we can't really do much about.

And Matt, you're absolutely right about volcanoes... in fact they comprise a large percentage of the natural sources of Carbon Dioxide.

And I can't believe I neglected to mention this factoid:

For the better part of the last century, scientists have been taking atmospheric Carbon Dioxide measurements at Mauna Loa, Hawaii. These are the very measurements you see in Statistics concerning climate change and the greenhouse effect, etc. Their reasoning for choosing such a location is because it is very far away from any heavily populated areas, and therefore would allow for less biased measurements of the Earth's *actual* atmospheric Carbon Dioxide levels.

However, Mauna Loa, Hawaii, is the world's largest active volcano. Volcanoes spew out Carbon Dioxide in ridiculous amounts, along with other lovely gases.

AND...this one I didn't mention, just to make you think:

The ocean, which covers over 70% of the planet, is the largest source of both Carbon Dioxide, and the largest source of Oxygen...this is both due to vegitation and larger animal life in the ocean, AND due to the enormous amounts of both Oxygen producing and Carbon Dioxide producing plankton. It both absorbs these gases from the atmosphere AND releases them. It can act, if anything, as a grand stabilizer in atmospheric gas levels. If Oxygen levels drop, Carbon Dioxide levels will rise....then the balance of plankton in the Ocean changes accordingly to gradually make up for this change.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

The ocean, which covers over 70% of the planet, is the largest source of both Carbon Dioxide, and the largest source of Oxygen...this is both due to vegitation and larger animal life in the ocean, AND due to the enormous amounts of both Oxygen producing and Carbon Dioxide producing plankton. It both absorbs these gases from the atmosphere AND releases them. It can act, if anything, as a grand stabilizer in atmospheric gas levels. If Oxygen levels drop, Carbon Dioxide levels will rise....then the balance of plankton in the Ocean changes accordingly to gradually make up for this change.
so it seems fair to say while some people are running around trying to solve the "global warming crisis" (quotes for their idea of it) it seems the earth already has a natural solution for the problem and needs absolutely no human intervention in that particular area
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

Lukas wrote:

so it seems fair to say while some people are running around trying to solve the "global warming crisis" (quotes for their idea of it) it seems the earth already has a natural solution for the problem and needs absolutely no human intervention in that particular area
I didn't say that, don't twist my words into saying that I'm claiming to know and fully understand everything that's going on with the Earth, I don't. But neither does anybody else.

All I'm suggesting with that comment is that Mother Nature isn't quite as fragile as we seem to think it is at times. And Humans aren't quite as significant a factor as we seem to think we are at times.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

i did not claim to say you are a authority on the subject, im just suggesting that it was a fair assumption
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Just a note to all those radicals out there...
When you burn a vehicle like a Hummer, it puts out more deadly toxins into the atmosphere than if the vehicle ran its entire lifespan and is properly dismantled at a junkyard.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Kaebora wrote:Just a note to all those radicals out there...
When you burn a vehicle like a Hummer, it puts out more deadly toxins into the atmosphere than if the vehicle ran its entire lifespan and is properly dismantled at a junkyard.
yes i remember when you posted that in the PETA thread way back
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Lukas wrote:
Kaebora wrote:Just a note to all those radicals out there...
yes i remember when you posted that in the PETA thread way back
Yep. Stuff like this just goes to show how unintelligent these radicals are.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Only thought here to Howlitzer:

Mouna Loa Hawaii is an active volcano. However, Mouna Loa is not an erupting volcano. You can go skiing on it's snowpack. However, Mouna Kea has no such snowpack, becuase it spews plenty of stuff into the atmosphere.

Anywho, that takes care of my portions.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook